• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
I've never cared for sports. Partially because I'm no good at any of them, partially because they take too long, and partially because fans get out of control.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Well I do. That might have to do with me living in America.

I can't get into hockey that much. You like Basketball?
I'm a casual basketball fan. Hockey's obviously my number one, with the NFL and NBA tied for 2nd.
I'm a Raptors fan (gotta support my country), yourself?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I've never cared for sports. Partially because I'm no good at any of them, partially because they take too long, and partially because fans get out of control.
You can say that for just about any hobby or activity, though. Especially video games.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, how did everyone come up with their usernames? Mine is just a character I've been developing for fun.

Some of yours are understandable, but some cause me to tilt my head and think: How the heck did they even think of that? Were they high?

I think it would be fun to learn about your processes :)
I just liked making fun of people misspelling stuff on the internet. So that's how I got my username.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
First stage I play is going to be Arena Ferox, just for the music, unless PictoChat or Gaur Plain is starter.
Pretty sure it is, considering that it's in the demo.

I'm thinking of starting with either Battlefield or 3D Land. I'm interested in the latter because it's one of those stages that I've been really curious in trying out since the beginning, and that it wasn't in the demo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty sure it is, considering that it's in the demo.

I'm thinking of starting with either Battlefield or 3D Land. I'm interested in the latter because it's one of those stages that I've been really curious in trying out since the beginning, and that it wasn't in the demo.
Obviously Arena Ferox is starter. It won't be the first stage I play though if Gaur Plain or PictoChat is starter though. Sorry if that was a little confusing.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So, how did everyone come up with their usernames? Mine is just a character I've been developing for fun.

Some of yours are understandable, but some cause me to tilt my head and think: How the heck did they even think of that? Were they high?

I think it would be fun to learn about your processes :)
I just took my favorite manga, and used the character types. I think I was half-asleep when I made it, so no logic went in to it.
HunterXHunter = Hunter
Naruto=Ninja
Bleach=Reaper
One Piece=Pirate
98 was the year I was born.
I hate most of these manga now so I've been itching to change my name. Also, the name is hell to type.
If I did change it would be Wolfie9090. Childhood nickname+useless numbers.
I'm a casual basketball fan. Hockey's obviously my number one, with the NFL and NBA tied for 2nd.
WOOT WOOT #1 Thunder fan. I do fancy the Seahawks for the NFL, but alas when they won the Superbowl everyone jumped on the bandwagon.
Been trying to get into hockey. Like watching the Sharks occasionally.
I like watching AC Milan and Real Madrid (Because of Jãmes Rodriguez).
I HATE BANDWAGON FANS. THEY ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. That is all.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I had a batch of strange dreams last night.
All tied to Smash Bros.

The first one I remember was a surfing race in a cave (or at least that's what it turned into) with a whole bunch of Smash Bros. characters, with @Tactician Aaron as my partner.

The second one had me exploring a town with some other random people. Supposedly I needed to find where Dr. Mario lived because he had secrets he wanted to share.

Segment three, apparently Nintendo was to reveal a new character live. So I went to a place where every character in Smash Bros. was gathered in an assembly to watch the reveal.
Throughout the dream I was trying to get Lucina's attention.

For some reason, Marth was particularly fond of harming her, so when I saw the Fire Emblem characters together at the assembly, I proceeded to greet Marth with a punch to the face. Then I looked to Lucina and said "It's going to be alright :4robinm:" and Robin looked to me and grinned.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@MisterVideoGaming Pretty basic. You like video games, and you like to be called Mister? ;)
Close. Long story short it came from a long gone Youtube username. And yes, it's basic for a reason. I really wanted to do Let's Plays as a kid, so I picked a name that was specific enough to name the media I like, but still general enough to not be typecasted. And sure, one could say I would be typecasted to video games, but I was a stupid kid. I didn't know any better.

And sure, maybe on a video game forum I could have done better, but I always felt the name wasn't really the most important part of someone. It's the personality and the works that stick.

Then you would love my family. They're hockey nuts (our team is the Detroit Red Wings).

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So I had a batch of strange dreams last night.
All tied to Smash Bros.

The first one I remember was a surfing race in a cave (or at least that's what it turned into) with a whole bunch of Smash Bros. characters, with @Tactician Aaron as my partner.

The second one had me exploring a town with some other random people. Supposedly I needed to find where Dr. Mario lived because he had secrets he wanted to share.

Segment three, apparently Nintendo was to reveal a new character live. So I went to a place where every character in Smash Bros. was gathered in an assembly to watch the reveal.
Throughout the dream I was trying to get Lucina's attention.

For some reason, Marth was particularly fond of harming her, so when I saw the Fire Emblem characters together at the assembly, I proceeded to greet Marth with a punch to the face. Then I looked to Lucina and said "It's going to be alright :4robinm:" and Robin looked to me and grinned.
Thanks for the psychoanalytic fodder, Kenith.

:4pacman:

Sehnsucht confirmed for being lusty towards sapient beings.

Smooth Criminal
we gonna get it on like :4dk:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ah yes, snapshot/replay modes reutrning. I love that feature.

Speaking of, someone did mention about a Japanese event about them getting a demo of the final build today (tomorrow in their time)? I must see upcoming footage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Have to go to Math in a little more than an hour. Yay.

It says something about math when most of the historical figures who dedicated their lives to math all had some sort of mental problem.(No offense to those who have mental problems)
Seems more like you're offending math rather than people with mental problems.

Fun fact: The "Voice of" series originate from the Netherlands.
I didn't know that. lol

I know but those don't have "Holland" in their name. They contain less Dutch is what i'm trying to say. :troll:
Well damn.

I just took my favorite manga, and used the character types. I think I was half-asleep when I made it, so no logic went in to it.
HunterXHunter = Hunter
Naruto=Ninja
Bleach=Reaper
One Piece=Pirate
98 was the year I was born.
I hate most of these manga now so I've been itching to change my name. Also, the name is hell to type.
If I did change it would be Wolfie9090. Childhood nickname+useless numbers.
Well, you have a solution: acquire Premium membership.

In other words:

Ah yes, snapshot/replay modes reutrning. I love that feature.

Speaking of, someone did mention about a Japanese event about them getting a demo of the final build today (tomorrow in their time)? I must see upcoming footage.
I just hope Replays can at least be converted to video format.

In exactly one week, the floodgates shall open.

Last edited:

Soul.

That screen I just posted is the Replay thing. I doubt that's the Pause menu.
I guess there's going to be a lot of final build leaks.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.