• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want to dedicate this post to how Smash Bros has contributed to both me and many others into the gamers we are today. It is a celebration of Nintendo and its nostalgic, beloved characters. From Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Samus to Marth, Ness, Captain Falcon, Shulk... Smash is truly a focal point for these gaming icons to come together and allow the worlds of Nintendo to collide. For me personally, without Smash, I'm not sure I would even be the Nintendo fan I am today. From cultivating my love for Mario and Zelda, to introducing me to whole new franchises like Fire Emblem and Mother, I am convinced that Nintendo has the best and most memorable games. Pulling the master sword and transforming into Adult Link, gathering all the stars in Mario 4 and beating Bowser, seeing your starter Pokemon grow together with you and become a beast, admiring Ike's will to become a leader and carry on his father's legacy, finding out Samus was a heroine, and so many more wonderful memories spanning from the early 1980's all the way up to 2014. To see all these characters meet in one game is awesome, and that's why I love Smash so much. Nintendo for lyfe.
And thus why PlayStation All Stars will NEVER be as good as Smash. :troll:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Also...

This picture is just plain cruel... Why is this still not a thing? #waluigifanproblems
You can wait for the WiiU to be hacked I hope, Though Nintendo is far more stringent about it as of late.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And thus why PlayStation All Stars will NEVER be as good as Smash. :troll:
Is that news?

Also: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...om-anime-promo-previews-class-3-e-cast/.80096

Koro-sensei voiced by Jun Fukuyama and Karasuma-sensei voiced by Tomokazu Sugita? Now we know why Roy and Chrom aren't in Smash! :troll:

You can wait for the WiiU to be hacked I hope Though Nintendo is far more stringent about it as of late.
I heard that a Wii U firmware update breaks the console if it's illegally modified...

Can we stop comparing the 2. Wow its a 4 player mascot fighting game where you can launch people PSBAR is a total rip off
And the truth has been said.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Her hair turns white when she casts powerful spells or gets really angry. It's a weird little thing they introduced starting in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

Also...

This picture is just plain cruel... Why is this still not a thing? #waluigifanproblems
Ah, yes. I think I saw something about that earlier.

And we will have our 4 plumbers in overalls battle soon. Soon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Okay. Sort of irrelevant, as PlayStation All-Stars is not even close to being in the same league as Smash. A single mediocre cash-grab versus a long-running renowned series.
Not to mention that their "opening" isn't as magical as any other intro that Smash had over the years, appealing only to dudebros with mainstream music like Finale. Aned then then there's the stupid rival cutscenes like Sweet Tooth getting pissed over Kratos knocking his ice cream down. The game's concept over all is laughable at best and we probably won't get a sequel out of it.

Is that news?

Also: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...om-anime-promo-previews-class-3-e-cast/.80096

Koro-sensei voiced by Jun Fukuyama and Karasuma-sensei voiced by Tomokazu Sugita? Now we know why Roy and Chrom aren't in Smash! :troll:
I bet Lucina must be feasting on their tears from her cup of tea.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not to mention that their "opening" isn't as magical as any other intro that Smash had over the years, appealing only to dudebros with mainstream music like Finale. Aned then then there's the stupid rival cutscenes like Sweet Tooth getting pissed over Kratos knocking his ice cream down. The game's concept over all is laughable at best and we probably won't get a sequel out of it.
Sorry, but that rival cutscene sounds great. If only PSABBR was just a 4-player beat-em up.
Of course, if there's a sequel with TLOU characters I will experience a complete turn-around and play that game all of the time.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
But you forgot two shoe-ins: 8th Gen Psychic Movie Pokémon and Blue-Haired Fire Emblem Lord with a Sword #6.
I just figured that since Little Mac seemed to transition so well from assist trophy to full-fledged character, those seven folks would be the best candidates for carrying on that tradition of shaking off the assist trophy(/character) chains that bind them, for the reasons I mentioned already. They're getting their training in now like Mac did in Brawl so that they may someday be a choice on the roster in 5.

D

Deleted member

Maybe PSASBR's intro is appealing to those who like graphics? :troll:

I tested a PSASBR Vita demo and I wasn't great at it; the controls were confusing and I could barely keep up with the game. Characters are very easy to see, though.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Can we stop comparing the 2. Wow its a 4 player mascot fighting game where you can launch people PSBAR is a total rip off
Except that its exactly the same gameplay Smash uses with minor tweaks. Smash is too specific of a thing to be this similar to. Honestly, they should have ripped off Smash MORE, maybe then it could have been actually good instead of all the bull**** like only killing with supers.

D

Deleted member

>PS All-Stars talk
You guys probably already know my opinion on the game so I'll just leave.

Soul.

You hack a Wii U and it's bricked. RIP Smash Wii U. :(
....:troll:

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
PSABR?

A "coincidentally" fighting game that has 4 players from Sony's universes fight.

No thanks.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Honestly, if youre making a Sony-themed Smash Bros and you CANT get Crash in it straight out of the gate, you should just give up.

Then again, this game had a whole plethora of problems. It was sendt to die and its developer got majorly screwed over by Sony not giving a single crap, but I think I ranted about this game enough on this forum before.

D

Deleted member

No, I don't.
Seriously, I don't.
I like it.
It's flawed and obviously trying to follow the leader, but I like it so there ya go.
AND IT DOESN'T HAVE CRASH BANDICOOT

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
PSABR?

A "coincidentally" fighting game that has 4 players from Sony's universes fight.

No thanks.
Because clearly games as a whole have never used liberties from other franchises. Clearly.

You hack a Wii U and it's bricked. RIP Smash Wii U. :(
What do you mean? One can just not hack their Wii U. It's not like you're forced to mod it. Smash Wii U will be fine.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I absolutely love Madeon's music, but he's actually not really that mainstream compared to other artists (and his music has improved so much better since Finale, listen to Cut the Kid or Technicolor). And it doesn't fit at all in PSABR's intro too well.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like it.
It's flawed and obviously trying to follow the leader, but I like it so there ya go.
AND IT DOESN'T HAVE CRASH BANDICOOT
I haven't played much of it, but I didn't really enjoy.
Of course I'm not one of those people who just goes around blabbing about how "terrible" it is.
I just don't like how it necessitates "Super Moves" to kill opponents, but then again, I haven't played it much, so it could work like a dream and I wouldn't really know.

But again, make a sequel with Crash Bandicoot, maybe Spyro and Ellie, and you can have my money.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've reached the 3000 Mark in Coins in MK7
I now unlock Parts every 500 Coins, so this is tedious.
5000 is to get the last default Kart Part, then 10,000, 15,000 and 20,000 get me the Golden Parts.
Gueeeeeeg.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I absolutely love Madeon's music, but he's actually not really that mainstream compared to other artists (and his music has improved so much better since Finale, listen to Cut the Kid or Technicolor). And it doesn't fit at all in PSABR's intro too well.
I actually quite like Finale. PSABR however, not so much.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played much of it, but I didn't really enjoy.
Of course I'm not one of those people who just goes around blabbing about how "terrible" it is.
I just don't like how it necessitates "Super Moves" to kill opponents, but then again, I haven't played it much, so it could work like a dream and I wouldn't really know.

But again, make a sequel with Crash Bandicoot, maybe Spyro and Ellie, and you can have my money.
The super system is flawed, not to mention that there are some serious imbalances between not only different characters but between characters own movesets, meaning you're usually only going to go for a specific level, but I think it's a decent concept at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've reached the 3000 Mark in Coins in MK7
I now unlock Parts every 500 Coins, so this is tedious.
5000 is to get the last default Kart Part, then 10,000, 15,000 and 20,000 get me the Golden Parts.
Gueeeeeeg.
Getting 20000 coins is really tedious. I'm currently at 5000-something and online is dead, meaning I have to do it offline. Sigh.

Any fighting game that has Spyro in it would be my kind of fighting game.
As long as it's old Spyro and not new, edgy Spyro.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Getting 20000 coins is really tedious. I'm currently at 5000-something and online is dead, meaning I have to do it offline. Sigh.

As long as it's old Spyro and not new, edgy Spyro.
I'd take the Legends series Spyro or the original.

But Skylanders Spyro is a big nope.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I actually quite like Finale. PSABR however, not so much.
Finale's really nice, but I find that he's significantly improved with his already great music.

I find that one of Madeon's issues earlier was some of his older tracks would drag on just a tad, but otherwise, that issue has completely disappeared from what I've heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom