• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My prediction on Day 1 for Smash Wii U.

While it hasn't been been updated for quite a couple years (stopped at mid 2011), this might be very useful for the most part:

http://www.nindb.net/series/index.html
Wow! I knew Nintendo made a lor of series, but not nearly as much.....this is actually quite inpressive, too bad they mainly work on the more successful ones :(

Soul.

WHY THE WII U VERSION WILL BE THE SUPERIOR VERSION:
AND THE Wii U VERSION'S COMPETITIVE SCENE WILL DIE OFF

LIKE BRAWL'S. JUST YOU WAIT. :troll:

Wow! I knew Nintendo made a lor of series, but not nearly as much.....this is actually quite inpressive, too bad they mainly work on the more successful ones :(
Isn't that the same reaction of Smash 3DS selling like 705,000 units in its first weeks and 1 million in Japan?
Let me see.

:troll: 2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One, 3D beats HD (though HD 3D beats them both).
And second, what does lag have to do with looking at graphics?
PS4 and Xbox One beat both. :troll:
Well, being so hype on the HD graphics is probably because.. well, it's obvious, the Wii U is the first Nintendo console to include HD graphics. Derp.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Jiggle physics!!!

Also, if you compare Nintendo consoles, HD does beat 3D
I honestly doubt Nintendo would put jiggle physics in an E10+ game.
Also, I'm not playing the whole Wii vs 3DS argument. I'm talking HD vs 3D.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
AND THE Wii U VERSION'S COMPETITIVE SCENE WILL DIE OFF

LIKE BRAWL'S. JUST YOU WAIT. :troll:

Isn't that the same reaction of Smash 3DS selling like 705,000 units in its first weeks and 1 million in Japan?
Let me see.

:troll: 2.
What if I don't care about competitive play?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
While it hasn't been been updated for quite a couple years (stopped at mid 2011), this might be very useful for the most part:

http://www.nindb.net/series/index.html
Why are Glory of Heracles and Eternal Darkness classified as 3rd parties?

That's sadly how the industry works, don't get me wrong, but if something doesn't makes money, as much quality it has, it'll not become a priority.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
A 3DS cartridge can hold more data than Brawl.
I know this is an older post, but this isn't entirely true.
There exists cartridges that can hold up to 8 GB, but they will not be used for a while, as opposed to the 2 GB cart that is the norm.

The carts would cost too much to produce, hence why we haven't seen a single game use 8 GB cartridges. (i think smt4 at 50$ uses a 4GB, along with bravely default), games like pokemon bw2 and ni no kuni are some of the few games that used the Ds's maximum cart size, so i would expect something similar here, with a late lifetime RPG being the only game to use an 8 GB cart.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So what's new?
Isn't everyone going to like, play all the other modes one time and after you complete all of them, the Online is there for you?
Not sure... maybe... I completed all the modes with all characters (solely to get the playable characters' trophies and complete most of the challenges) and now I'm just playing whatever I feel like doing... I haven't touched Online yet.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My first system was the Super Nintendo, which came with DKC. I think it was that or Sega Genesis with a Sonic game, but I'll go with the Super Nintendo since it was actually for me.
:4dk: Oh, the memories.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If there as a side by side comparison of Sheik that would be enough to win me over :awesome:

(Seriously, though I know it'll be better. Originally, it was going to be the only one I was gonna get).
Am I the only one who managed to resist the temptation of the 3DS edition?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So this is the voice of the Smash 4 announcer, and by extension Master and Crazy Hand.
He's my age.
What.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Just found out how many Smash Run Powers there are... I only have six left to get too.

These challenges are really grating on my patience.
  • 5 Hits in Street Smash: Still zilch.
  • 50 Hours of Smash: 8 hours to go.
  • All Smash Run Powers: Six left to go!
  • All Custom Stuff-
  • Outfits: Complete
  • Hats: 35
  • Moves: 227
Completed fighters: :4olimar::4kirby::4fox:

How many hats are there in total? I've probably got a lot to go...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So this is the voice of the Smash 4 announcer, and by extension Master and Crazy Hand.
He's my age.
What.
Neat.

It's normally interesting seeing what voice actors actually look like. I remember seeing a news story about a kid who had a cold which caused his voice to go really deep. When he got better his voice didn't change back so he became the 'movie guy' providing the deep voice on various trailers.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If there as a side by side comparison of Sheik that would be enough to win me over :awesome:

(Seriously, though I know it'll be better. Originally, it was going to be the only one I was gonna get).
Is there one for Pit and Palutena? I know the Goddess of Light is one of the most highly detailed characters, especially due to all the gold she wears.
You're all so greedy. Now that you've seen one comparison, y'all want nore! (Not that it's a bad thing ^_^)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Neat.

It's normally interesting seeing what voice actors actually look like. I remember seeing a news story about a kid who had a cold which caused his voice to go really deep. When he got better his voice didn't change back so he became the 'movie guy' providing the deep voice on various trailers.
Not to mention Mario's voice actor, who is really near his retirement.

Soul.

So what's new?

Not sure... maybe... I completed all the modes with all characters (solely to get the playable characters' trophies and complete most of the challenges) and now I'm just playing whatever I feel like doing... I haven't touched Online yet.
I would play online right now but I'm not sure if someone wants to play.
For Glory has a lot of cheap plays.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
One, 3D beats HD (though HD 3D beats them both).
And second, what does lag have to do with looking at graphics?
I'm stereoblind and have a hard time seeing things in 3D, even on the 3DS (also gives me headaches when turned on).

HD > 3D.

But this is all subjective, of course. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom