• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone dissing :4drmario: and :4darkpit:? Drop the ban hammer!

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You would think people would grow over it but once again I'm disappointed in mankind. I admit, I was salty when R.O.B. and Toon Link turned out to be real in Brawl but it only took me a week tops to get over it. Not a month.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really need the Wii U version quickly when it comes out. I've been losing either because of tiers, lag, luck, me SDing, or just anger taking over. That GCC would make me instantly better, provided it don't break.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I already had my Sasuke Pit tantrum, so I'm over it.
Still think he's a lame choice, but it's all spilled milk at this point.

As long as I might get Dixie Kong, they can add Shiny Pikachu as a new character for all I care.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The clone trio :4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina: actually have things going for them that warrant their spot on the roster.

Dr. Mario is a Melee veteran and from one of the most iconic puzzle games by Nintendo.
Lucina is THE most popular female character in Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Dark Pit is quite popular in Japan, on par with other major Nintendo characters.

Sure, they kind of were dragged into the game by Mario, Marth and Pit considering they were meant to be alts for them, but they have their own merits nonetheless.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I flew right by my 10000th post on Smashboards!
Time to have a belated celebration of my progress!

First off, I'd like to thank @Louie G., @BluePikmin11, @SaturnGamer64, @GoldenYuiitusin, @lonekonwolf @Cobalsh, @Scoliosis Jones and many others for enticing me to join Smashboards in the first place, and being a fun welcoming party.

Then I'd like to thank @ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey , @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon , @CliffJumper, @Radical Beam, @mimgrim @ Cap'nChreest Cap'nChreest , @ MunchyMunch MunchyMunch , @ Bedoop Bedoop , @FalKoopa, @ Knight Dude Knight Dude , @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan and anyone else who gets sad I didn't tag them for keeping me company in the Smash 4 Social Thread - - all three of them!

I'd like to personally thank @Sehnsucht for being the most interesting being to ever grace the Earth. Also I swear I will have a use for your SWF Writer's Lounge eventually; I haven't finished what I want to show you.

Shoutouts to @Holder of the Heel, @Pega-pony Princess, @andimidna @Ghirahilda, and everyone that was here with me in the Ghirahim thread.
Shoutouts to my Robin/Lucina Barracks allies, @Robertman2, @Hong, @Lizardon, and others. I'm half asleep, complain if I missed you.

Lastly, I'd like to thank @ Kenith Kenith for being incredibly handsome, intelligent, honest, straightforward, capable, and loving person I have ever met. Don't know what I'd do without you!

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If wire-frame Mac wasn't an alt he would have been a clone character of Little Mac.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
change of subject here, what is your favorite trophy description? ( if you can even narrow it down haha) mine might just be the 1-up mushroom....i legit lol'd

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't need to be thanked.

Then again, I don't find the point in doing post milestone celebrations.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
change of subject here, what is your favorite trophy description? ( if you can even narrow it down haha) mine might just be the 1-up mushroom....i legit lol'd
NTSC and PAL versions have different trophy descriptions. Makes sense, considering the translating had to be done at the same time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We doin' clone talk again? Can't say I'm all that upset about them being in. It's not like we would have gotten another full character with them gone. Honestly, I've got no interest in using either Dark Pit or Lucina, so I just don't use them.

Dr. Mario is hype though. You can't deny that. Almost every one who preferred Melee Mario gets to have that version of the character come back.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know, it's funny, back in Melee I kind of got excited when I got to the Dark Link Duel event. thought you could actually unlock Dark Link as a character. Would have been cool to have an entirely black character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's Sakurai's character, so the chances are none to none.
You have a point.

Plus, he's terribly easy to implement as at least an alt for Pit (even more so than any other clone/alt). His popularity in Japan might help a possible return.

Fact remains that the Japanese fanbase is more determinant to the roster. It has been like that since the first game (that was originally meant to be released only in Japan).

This is why I am not that surprised by Lucina and Dark Pit's inclusions.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So let me get this straight.
You would remove Kid Icarus Uprising and Dr. Mario from history (which by the way is not possible) - two games that have provided many people happiness, for the express purpose of retroactively removing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit: two incredibly low-effort clones that were planned as palette swaps, from the roster of Smash 4?
Just because you don't like them? Because you hate them so much?

Way to be open-minded, bro. I'm just going to go ahead and put you on ignore before you start spouting fiery hatred towards Lucina.
Cause then we gonna have some issues.
Wait

There's an ignore feature?

Holy **** I've been wanting to use it on that guy for a while.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want the Hyrule Warrior's version of OOT costume, its the best variation on that design I feel. And a regular HW Ganondorf to boot.
That's the one I would want for Smash, too. HW OoT Ganondorf, with better details, the cape, and the voice from Melee.
I don't really want Hyrule Warriors content in this game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys
It's PMAT time again
All 'board the Alt. Costume Hype Train :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would take HW Impa though. HW themed DLC pack with costumes and characters (no Lana plz), would be day 1
Yes, especially since we would rather not see any Canon Foreigners that will most likely be long forgotten like Anthony Higgs for a great reason. Besides, we having another Base Breaker like Sasuke Uchiha Waluigi make an appearance in Smash would be enough to cause flame wars in the fanbase.

Ganondorf was fugly in Melee.
That was the one appearance that had spawned a number of Jew nose jokes in the fandom.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would take HW Impa though. HW themed DLC pack with costumes and characters (no Lana plz), would be day 1
I would actually prefer Lana to Impa. Or anyone really. More distinctive and interesting as a character.

But I would prefer Hyrule Warriors doesn't get representation at all.
After all, if Smash gets all this Zelda fanservice, what does that make Hyrule Warriors? I didn't want Ghirahim, Midna, Impa, for the same reason-
Oh who the **** am I kidding.
ALT COSTUMES FOR EVERYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom