• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It would have been easier to compare if the lighting was the same. In any case, I do prefer the 2008 model. I'm not much for gritty realism.
That's the thing, though. The finished game is a weird hybrid of gritty realism and over-saturated colorful levels.
It isn't as distinctive; in short, it can look really bland. In fact, the original version of the game appears to be more colorful than the final release.
Here's a better example:

I don't know, I just think the original version of the game has a more "epic" feel to it, which is fitting considering the philosophy Sakurai had in mind when making the game.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Hey everybody.
GUESS WHO'S GETTING SMASH TOMORROW?
That's the thing, though. The game is a weird hybrid of gritty realism and over-saturated colorful levels.
Here's a better example:

I don't know, I just think the original version of the game has a more "epic" feel to it, which is fitting considering the philosophy Sakurai had in mind when making the game.
That 240p tho.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Seems like a good idea, but I don't know how I'll feel using it in public. :p How about one of those Nerf grips/protectors for the OG 3ds? They seem to make your 3ds a little chunkier.
I haven't tried them, how was the one that extended your battery life by 3 times? Was that any good? I think it was a Nyko battery grip

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
No, Today is June 1st 2013

I hope they reveal smash bros in their e3 conference next week. I wonder who will be in the game? Perhaps megaman and villager...? OR maybe wii fit trainer? 'O' Nah too crazy

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I hope they reveal smash bros in their e3 conference next week. I wonder who will be in the game? Perhaps megaman and villager...? OR maybe wii fit trainer? 'O' Nah too crazy
You think Wii Fit Trainer is going to be revealed for Smash 4 at E3?
You should tell NeoGAF about it. Call it your "unlikely prediction".
Also, be sure to throw in Little Mac, Miis and Pac-Man.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Is tomorrow October 3rd?! wow I didn't realize the game was coming out so soon!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
"This is like a free dessert after a luxurious meal that was prepared free of charge. In a restaurant with this type of service, I don’t think there’s anybody who would say, “Change this to a meat dish!!”
Yet, I’m told [to do that] about Smash Bros. But, I guess since a lot of them are children, it cannot be helped.
You Legend Mr.Sakurai :troll:
He's not a legend, he's a person who throws INSULTS at his fanbase when he did something wrong and can't admit he did something wrong, like adding a bunch of nobodies over the most-requested characters. He can fire as many shots as he wants and try to excuse those horrible clones all he wants, it's not gonna fly.
For me, it kind of is.
I LOVE how Mario plays in this game, and Doc being back is basically a godsend for me (Thank you based Mario Tornado + Up B Angling), but my favorite part of most characters is their Meteor Smash.
Even with Game & Watch's Key, it's SO satisfying to slam an enemy down to their doom and joke about it all happily (mostly with me yelling "BANANA SLAMMA!"), but Doc doesn't have that, so I'll most likely find myself in such a predicament where I can't get much satisfying kills.
The Doc being back will never be a godsend any way whatsoever, he's more like a twisted package from the gates of hell that should've never made it out of the post office...and you should use Mario rather than Dr. Mario, remember, Mario's the one that stars on the actually-decent games and he's the one that has saved the Galaxy...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He's not a legend, he's a person who throws INSULTS at his fanbase when he did something wrong and can't admit he did something wrong, like adding a bunch of nobodies over the most-requested characters. He can fire as many shots as he wants and try to excuse those horrible clones all he wants, it's not gonna fly.
The Doc being back will never be a godsend any way whatsoever, he's more like a twisted package from the gates of hell that should've never made it out of the post office...and you should use Mario rather than Dr. Mario, remember, Mario's the one that stars on the actually-decent games and he's the one that has saved the Galaxy...
This post made me legitimately chuckle.
Such rage unleashes in so few words.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
WHAT AN ASSHOLE!
...Who pee'd in your Cheerios? :\

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Salt much?

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Dont diss the Doc :4drmario: He is the Mario we need, AND the one we deserve.
I don't know why Mario is even in the game. His last good game was Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 3D World...but you must be trolling anyway~!
No, :4mario: IS the Mario we need and deserve, he's the real Mario, he's not some forgettable alternate from a terrible spin-off that should've never existed to begin with, I'd go back in time and erase the creation of the Dr. Mario game and even the great Kid Icarus Uprising to get rid of these clones, they're THAT much of an eyesore.

Actually, :4drmario:and:4darkpit: are extremely similar, they're both dumb clones that come from a series that didn't need anymore representation, are basically the same person with different clothes (Hell, Dark Pit doesn't even have different clothes, only colors) and the only slightly redeeming factor about both are their main themes. Oh, and they both come from pandering to the wrong fanbase, the Mario tornado fanbase, and the Japanese.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
No, :4mario: IS the Mario we need and deserve, he's the real Mario, he's not some forgettable alternate from a terrible spin-off that should've never existed to begin with, I'd go back in time and erase the creation of the Dr. Mario game and even the great Kid Icarus Uprising to get rid of these clones, they're THAT much of an eyesore.

Actually, :4drmario:and:4darkpit: are extremely similar, they're both dumb clones that come from a series that didn't need anymore representation, are basically the same person with different clothes (Hell, Dark Pit doesn't even have different clothes, only colors) and the only slightly redeeming factor about both are their main themes. Oh, and they both come from pandering to the wrong fanbase, the Mario tornado fanbase, and the Japanese.

Uh oh, it's breathing again.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Crate trophy:
"...but they may explode. You better be very crateful around them..."
OH NINTENDO.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Seriously? Again with the ranting?
IM GONNA DRIVE A GOLDEN SPIKE WHERE YOUR UNION MEETS YOUR CENTRAL PACIFIC!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So let me get this straight.
You would remove Kid Icarus Uprising and Dr. Mario from history (which by the way is not possible) - two games that have provided many people happiness, for the express purpose of retroactively removing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit: two incredibly low-effort clones that were planned as palette swaps, from the roster of Smash 4?
Just because you don't like them? Because you hate them so much?

Way to be open-minded, bro. I'm just going to go ahead and put you on ignore before you start spouting fiery hatred towards Lucina.
Cause then we gonna have some issues.

Last edited:

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
@Backgammon I see you mother ******! get over here!

You would remove Kid Icarus Uprising and Dr. Mario from history (which by the way is not possible to my knowledge) - two great games that have provided many people happiness, for the express purpose of retroactively removing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, two incredibly low-effort clones that were planned as palette swaps, from the roster of Smash 4?
Just because you don't like them? Because you have them so much?

Way to be open-minded, bro. I'm just going to go ahead and put you on ignore before you start spouting fiery hatred towards Lucina.
Don't feed the trolls.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You would remove Kid Icarus Uprising and Dr. Mario from history (which by the way is not possible) - two games that have provided many people happiness, for the express purpose of retroactively removing Dr. Mario and Dark Pit: two incredibly low-effort clones that were planned as palette swaps, from the roster of Smash 4?
Just because you don't like them? Because you hate them so much?

I really like Lucina, actually.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

*srs busns*
Lemme show you something.
This side-series has more fans then ya think.
So shut the hell up about it and cry about Ridley somewhere else, so we don't have to put up with your **** anymore.
You don't get a character you want in a video game, boohoo, go cry about it. But not here. And don't even say I'm yelling at you, you pull this **** all the time, especially back in the Ridley Thread and the Doctor Mario Sub-Forum.
TL;DR Shut up, leave us alone, and PLEASE, don't say swears.
*hipocrite*

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I find it weird that the second "@D-idara replied to the Social Thread" popped up in my notifications, my computer just randomly crashed for no reason at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom