• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm pretty sure they aren't doing stuff like that against Nintendo anymore as Nintendo took legal action against them.
At least, that's what I read. I hope it was legitimate.
I would just assume that at this point, they aren't going to get as much attention anymore by lashing out. So they stopped doing it. Because PETA is filled with jerks. Way too many people in their who don't know their crap. Eh, whatever, it's best to ignore them. Seeing as they really like to seek attention.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can I just say this
Looks at this

And tell me he wasn't planned to be DLC by CAPCOM secretly, trying to hint Sakurai about it.
That Model is to amazing to pass by. Seriously, that HD Model is just fantastic.
DLC Bass please.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can I just say this
Looks at this

And tell me he wasn't planned to be DLC by CAPCOM secretly, trying to hint Sakurai about it.
That Model is to amazing to pass by. Seriously, that HD Model is just fantastic.
DLC Bass please.
Yeah, it's really amazing we get a trophy like this just to look at, and then...

zlCfzSV5k0QFnqodti.jpeg

Ugh...It's literally the SS model with hi-red textures...
Of course, the 3DS version simply looks horrible, especially in gameplay...

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would just assume that at this point, they aren't going to get as much attention anymore by lashing out. So they stopped doing it. Because PETA is filled with jerks. Way too many people in their who don't know their crap. Eh, whatever, it's best to ignore them. Seeing as they really like to seek attention.
You're pretty much spot on that.

That's the funny thing about PETA, they aren't as stupid as people make them out to be. I'm pretty sure they are aware that poking at Pokemon and Mario is dumb and utterly pointless but what it does is drive attention to them. Attention is the real source of revenue for activist organization like PETA. Their offensive or dumb ad campaigns are intended for the same purpose. To make people aware that they are there. When people ignore them, they lose that power that they have.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Watch PETA make a Smash parody where Duck Hunt has to fight legions of human fighters to leave a world of animal abusers. They had already done something similar with Mario Kills a Tanooki. :troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Your pretty much spot on that.

That's the funny thing about PETA, they aren't as stupid as people make them out to be. I'm pretty sure they are aware that poking at Pokemon and Mario is dumb and utterly pointless but what it does is drive attention to them. Attention is the real source of revenue for activist organization like PETA. Their offensive or dumb ad campaigns are intended for the same purpose. To make people aware that they are there. When people ignore them, they lose that power that they have.
This is what I was talking about:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/nintendo-finally-responds-petas-pokemon-parody

So either way, they haven't seemed to say anything about Nintendo since, at least not that I've heard of...
And since hearing about it is sort of the point, I'd say this is a good thing.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Can I just say this
Looks at this

DLC Bass please.
I don't think this is a hint to DLC. But man I'd love a new Mega Man game with that art style.

By the way, anyone noticed how there has been way more effort into these trophy models than Brawl? I remember most of Brawl trophies were touched up model ports from other games, but SSB4 has a lot of neat new trophies!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't think this is a hint to DLC. But man I'd love a new Mega Man game with that art style.
I mean CAPCOM might be hinting at Sakurai just like "'Ey. 'Ey. Make DLC. Bass as a DLC Fighter. Do it. Look at this HD Model." But since Sakurai is just so oblivious as always "Yes, I'm still alive.", I guess he didn't take the hint. XD
By the way, anyone noticed how there has been way more effort into these trophy models than Brawl? I remember most of Brawl trophies were touched up model ports from other games, but SSB4 has a lot of neat new trophies!
AGREED. Dat Doctah Wahwee Trophy tho. Nice n' 3D Model. 10/10 Better than Powered Up by far

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think PETA is as bad as, say, Westboro, but some of their stuff is atrociously stupid, and they have the miraculous ability to create something out of nothing.

The Pokemon thing, while overdone, is understandable...but "Mario Kills Tanooki"? Seriously? Tanooki's aren't even real.

R0Y

Smash Master
http://www.eshop.nintendo.net will now let you redeem eShop codes in NA and download to your Wii U or possibly your 3DS is in standby. Web store can't be far if you're into that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Can I just say this
Looks at this

DLC Bass please.
:079::079::079:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can I just say this
Looks at this

DLC Bass please.
I doubt it's DLC. But man, Bass looks so ****ing clean. Look at him! I'd pay for it in a heartbeat. Though his design is a lot more like his Mega Man 7 self, as opposed to Mega Man 10, where he's the same size as Mega Man and Protoman. Here, he only looks a little shorter than Mega Man X and Zero.

Naoshi

I feel this is a bit of a stretch to even suggest Capcom was trying to push DLC to Bass. Although you were probably joking lol

The modelers probably just likes to make highly detailed trophy models.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Watch PETA make a Smash parody where Duck Hunt has to fight legions of human fighters to leave a world of animal abusers. They had already done something similar with Mario Kills a Tanooki. :troll:
You have to fight Ike as a butcher, Wario as the greedy boss who loves pollution, Little Mac who is the ring leader of pitbull fights, and Dr. Mario who uses animal for experiments.

Also you team up with Olimar, who is a stereotypically hippy, along with Fox, Yoshi, and Pikachu, who are brutally mangled.

Also ****ed up physics that shoehorns in animal rights messages in the most unsubtle way possible. It shall be called Super Smash Bros. for Abusive.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...So Pikmin WAS going to be on the DS/3DS.
Huh.
Apparently they were cancelled for "Too Action-Packed with Stylus-Only Control"
Could've used dem buttons, Ninty. I would love a 3DS Pikmin.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
...So Pikmin WAS going to be on the DS/3DS.
Huh.
Apparently they were cancelled for "Too Action-Packed with Stylus-Only Control"
Could've used dem buttons, Ninty. I would love a 3DS Pikmin.
Yeah. I remember hearing Miyamoto talking about trying to make a Pikmin game on the DS before, but they were unable to get it to work properly. Or something along those lines. I wonder if the 3DS could handle it. Maybe if it was in 30fps instead of 60, they could get away with it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Their games are so... questionable D: I guess they got the attention they really wanted
That mostly the point. They use violence and gross images in order to appeal to those that might be react negative to the harsher realities of animal cruelty and meat production industries. However, they are generally viewed as extreme by people due to their tenacity to undermine human suffering by comparing it to animal cruelty in a way that is not particularly sensitive. Such as their infamous ad comparing the poultry production to the Jewish Holocaust.

Naoshi

That mostly the point. They use violence and gross images in order to appeal to those that might be react negative to the harsher realities of animal cruelty and meat production industries.
Very much true. It makes a lot of sense. It brings a lot of attention which means more power to them as you've explained in your previous post.

However, they are generally viewed as extreme by people due to their tenacity to undermine human suffering by comparing it to animal cruelty in a way that is not particularly sensitive. Such as their infamous ad comparing the poultry production to the Jewish Holocaust.
oh wow I had no idea about that until now. yikessss

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Oh God, PETA. You know, as much as I love the fact that they are trying to stop animal cruelty, THEY AREN'T DOING IT RIGHT in some cases. Like the Holocaust and poultry one and Pokémon, too far. But them doing a parade or something? That's fine and dandy.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Very much true. It makes a lot of sense. It brings a lot of attention which means more power to them as you've explained in your previous post.

oh wow I had no idea about that until now. yikessss
Yeah I won't post a link for that here because it's very... inappropriate.

The main issue I have with PETA is that there are real problems with animal cruelty and the abusive practices that are used in our food production. However PETA tends to undermine other more legitimate organizations that actually want to address problems in more logical and reasonable manner.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh God, PETA. You know, as much as I love the fact that they are trying to stop animal cruelty, THEY AREN'T DOING IT RIGHT in some cases. Like the Holocaust and poultry one and Pokémon, too far. But them doing a parade or something? That's fine and dandy.
As long as the Parade isn't showing things similar to what they've done in the Flash Games, I'd be fine.
Maybe some cute Kitten-shaped Balloons.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Peta needs to focus more on trying to get people to adopt the animals in their shelters and less building of a bad reputation.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Some people on Smashboards do so much unnecessary things.
The best example is the Mii Brawler Sub-Forum.
Here's a fun game; Take a shot (of hopefully Ginger Ale) every time you see a Thread in that Sub-Forum of the sort of "HOW DO I UNLOCK OUTFITS?" or any Outdated "All Mii Fighter Outfits/Hats".
I guarantee you will be having Ginger-Ale Fizz up your nose.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Here's a fun game; Take a shot (of hopefully Ginger Ale) every time you see a Thread in that Sub-Forum of the sort of "HOW DO I UNLOCK OUTFITS?" or any Outdated "All Mii Fighter Outfits/Hats".
Now I want some ginger ale.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Peta needs to focus more on trying to get people to adopt the animals in their shelters and less building of a bad reputation.
That's the weird thing about them, they are also against the idea of keeping pets in general, part of their system is they believed that animals would have been better off if the establishment of pet breeds was a horrible thing in general but you can't release a tamed pet easily. This point where they would rather kill them themselves rather then adopt them out. There were reports a number of years ago that came out that showed that PETA euthanized more animals on a scale that has been showed to be higher then some standard dog pounds.

Their belief system and practices have always been shady and often times hypocritical.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just checked. I forgot there's a Captain Falcon Helmet. I should try and get that. It'll make my ghetto Protoman Mii somewhat legit.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've been looking for the Top Hat since Smash Day 1, but still haven't found it. Means my Layton Mii has to be hatless for some longer now.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The thing that irks me about Ganondorf is the lack of any defining moves in his movesets. While he's definitely perfectly capable of hand-to-hand combat, that has never been a major part of his character, it was always his magical abilities (and later, his sword to a lesser extent). The fact that he lacks any such abilities is baffling, especially Dead Man's Volley, which is pretty much his most iconic attack.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Down to greeting cards and a very bad selection of VCVC games as CN rewards. Makes me more thankful for the Smash soundtrack selection CD's, may be the last physical reward to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom