• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Got the chance to play For Glory again. Was fighting someone who was flooring me no matter what character I tried.

But then... I picked Olimar.

Mother of god, I dominated with Olimar. He's still got it! I instantly adapted to his new playstyle, and it still felt like the old days.
I was destined to pluck the Pikmin. :4olimar:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How many crossovers is MHU4 gonna receive anyway? They currently have Animal Crossing, Metroid and Megaman.
There's some Tetsuya Nomura designed armor and I think weapons. Also, if MHU4 has the old stuff, then I think Zelda and Mario gear are still in.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Smash Run is a cruel and annoying mode at times. :( Got hit hard by an enemy and lose some of my power ups. When I got hit I was knocked back a far good distance, then a flying appear appears and HIT me right before I finally was able to regain control, so I was knocked back even further. :glare:

Fun mode but get's frustrating and cheap at times.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think there was also a Fire Emblem: Awakening crossover with Monster Hunter. They had Chrom and Lucina costumes.

Capcom love their crossovers. And money.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Revive MML3.
Revive Mega Man Universe.
Or just do MM11. :troll:
I wouldn't be surprised if they did a reboot with this Mega Man.

It'd be this edgy, anti-nostalgia-themed game attacking players of Mega Man; Capcom would be telling players to grow up and that the main character, Mega Man, is a loser just like the player.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

It'd be this edgy, anti-nostalgia-themed game attacking players of Mega Man; Capcom would be telling players to grow up and that the main character, Mega Man, is a loser just like the player.
So DmC of Megaman?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Smash Run is a cruel and annoying mode at times. :( Got hit hard by an enemy and lose some of my power ups. When I got hit I was knocked back a far good distance, then a flying appear appears and HIT me right before I finally was able to regain control, so I was knocked back even further. :glare:

Fun mode but get's frustrating and cheap at times.
Have you found a Bulborb, a Bonkers, a Reaper or a Cluberskull yet?

That mode is HELL.

Soul.

And that's why people say "Nintendo does a lot more with Mega Man."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone know a good way/place to replace the rubber cap on the Nintendo 3DS circle pad (original model)? Mine is falling apart badly and glue stick is no longer doing the trick.

I REALLY need to know.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So DmC of Megaman?
Except DmC didn't target Devil May Cry fans and that Capcom used Ninja Theory as a scapegoat; it was all Capcom's idea to radically change everything for DmC while NT wanted to make DmC close to DMC1. So, NT wanted to make a modern remake/reboot of Devil May Cry 1, but Capcom wanted something outrageous.

What I said would be more like having Mega Man appear in SSB4; "We're too lazy and we don't give a rat's tail about Mega Man so we'll let someone else do it". Or having Mega Man appear like in Street Fighter X Tekken; "You want Mega Man? Then have 'Mega Man'!" Or the costumes in Monster Hunter Ultimate 4; "Oh look, 'Mega Man'! Stupid fans..."

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Bad Box Art Mega Man was actually meant to be a joke by Keiji Inafune himself, but its timing just made the joke come out wrong. There had been some fiasco with the series that pissed off the fanbase and the joke just didn't have the intended impact.

Some Smash Run tidbits:
- Reapettes behave like they did in the original Kid Icarus. They still retain their look from Kid Icarus: Uprising, though.
- It seems to me that Flame Chomps' models are taken directly from New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Anyway, I have defeated a Clubberskull before, as well as a Reaper, a Mimicutie and a Polar Bear. Very resilient enemies, but I had a Hammer power equipped. It was hammering them to oblivion. The rewards are extremely satisfying.

Naoshi

Well, Bad Box Art Mega Man was actually meant to be a joke by Keiji Inafune himself, but its timing just made the joke come out wrong. There had been some fiasco with the series that pissed off the fanbase and the joke just didn't have the intended impact.

Some Smash Run tidbits:
- Reapettes behave like they did in the original Kid Icarus. They still retain their look from Kid Icarus: Uprising, though.
- It seems to me that Flame Chomps' models are taken directly from New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Anyway, I have defeated a Clubberskull before, as well as a Reaper, a Mimicutie and a Polar Bear. Very resilient enemies, but I had a Hammer power equipped. It was hammering them to oblivion. The rewards are extremely satisfying.
This. Bad Box Art Mega Man was not a middle finger to the Mega Man fans, it was a poorly time joke of Inafune. It was when he and Ono decided to share characters for their respective project, such as Ryu in Mega Man Universe and Bad Box Art Mega Man in SF X Tekken.

Naoshi

Have you found a Bulborb, a Bonkers, a Reaper or a Cluberskull yet?

That mode is HELL.
I have. Seriously evil when a bunch of cheap shot minor enemies come along like Cuccoos (one time I hit one right when it appeared n front of Bonker. AUGH!) or that forsaken Snowflake Pokemon that freezes you with his lazer every 3 seconds.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How many crossovers is MHU4 gonna receive anyway? They currently have Animal Crossing, Metroid and Megaman.
Isn't Hatsune Miku in as well?

or that forsaken Snowflake Pokemon that freezes you with his lazer every 3 seconds.
Its name is Cryrogonal. And ironically I don't remember it being that good in Pokemon.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of SFxT and Bad Box Art Mega Man:
- Mario and Sonic crossed over in the Olympic games.
- Sonic and Mega Man crossed over in the Archie comics.
- Mega Man and Pac-Man crossed over in Street Figher X Tekken.
- Mario and Pac-Man crossed over in the Mario Kart Arcade series.

Smash 4 connects the dots and brings the full circle.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Some Smash Run tidbits:

It was poorly timed since there hasn't been a recent Mega Man game and the way Capcom's been treating Mega Man makes it seem more like a middle finger or two, than a joke. If there were recent Mega Man games and even if they weren't good or even if they were bad, fans would find Bad Box Art Mega Man funnier.

It wouldn't be like, "Oh, really? That's not freaking Mega Man! That's a fat slob! What the hell, Capcom?!" Instead it would have been: "Ha ha! I remember that. Oh, those were the days..."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I found the two guest characters in Tekken X Street Fighter hilarious overall. A great way to show off Ball-form Pac-Man, and Bad Box-Art MegaMan is one of my favorite versions of him. I like him way more than the Captain N design. All the other designs were cool, imo, but Captain N's was just bad. The show was fine, imo, but it had some terrible character designs.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Also:
-Mario and Mega Man crossed over in official german Nintendo comics.
-Sonic and Pac-Man crossed over in Wreck-It Ralph.

Full circle indeed.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I have. Seriously evil when a bunch of cheap shot minor enemies come along like Cuccoos (one time I hit one right when it appeared n front of Bonker. AUGH!) or that forsaken Snowflake Pokemon that freezes you with his lazer every 3 seconds.
It's name is Cryogonal and honestly while annoying I don't find it to be that much.

The ones that piss me off, are Koffings, Magic Skuttlers and Plasma Wisps (really, those guys in Kirby are weaklings, why they have so high knockback?).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth I've heard of Captain N. We have Pit and Mega Man crossing over in Smash and they're much more true to their games than in that show.

Also, remember a certain Bandai Namco x Capcom x Sega SRPG crossover named Project X Zone released for 3DS? Did you know that game was developed by Monolith Soft (alongside Bandai Namco subsidiary Banpresto)? Now that you know this, take a look at the last row of the Smash 4 character roster: Shulk, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic.

Naoshi

It's name is Cryogonal and honestly while annoying I don't find it to be that much.

The ones that piss me off, are Koffings, Magic Skuttlers and Plasma Wisps (really, those guys in Kirby are weaklings, why they have so high knockback?).
Yeah, Cryogonal isn't the worst one, he's still very annoying to me but...

Oh my god, Koffing... now THAT one is a real pain. His range is ridiculously huge, he takes up more than 50% of the screen. He often appears when I'm fighting other enemies, ugh.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Honestly, I found the two guest characters in Tekken X Street Fighter hilarious overall. A great way to show off Ball-form Pac-Man, and Bad Box-Art MegaMan is one of my favorite versions of him. I like him way more than the Captain N design. All the other designs were cool, imo, but Captain N's was just bad. The show was fine, imo, but it had some terrible character designs.
whats wrong with captain Ns design?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The ones I tend to find irritating the most are Cryogonal, Magikoopas (or really any enemy that lowers your stats), Mimicuties, Devil Cars, Bubbles, Chandelure, Cuccos, Megatonas, Petilil, and Gastly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth I've heard of Captain N. We have Pit and Mega Man crossing over in Smash and they're much more true to their games than in that show.

Also, remember a certain Bandai Namco x Capcom x Sega SRPG crossover named Project X Zone released for 3DS? Did you know that game was developed by Monolith Soft (alongside Bandai Namco subsidiary Banpresto)? Now that you know this, take a look at the last row of the Smash 4 character roster: Shulk, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic.
I want my Simon Belmont appearance. Otherwise, perfect~ I think Samus replaces him in the Comics, so we still got a form of Captain N. I wish Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo were available as AT's...

whats wrong with captain Ns design?
Captain N himself is fine, but a lot of the characters had some pretty f'ed up designs. MegaMan looked awful Kid Icarus was fairly bad. Mother Brain was outright terrible. Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo was okay. Horsehead is not a Centaur, damnit! And so on. They clearly redesigned them. Which did not help for actual Nintendo fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom