• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I used have a lot of lag playing online, and usually after every match I got disconnected. I tried everything, even restarting my internet. I was about to give up playing Smash 3DS online, but then I tried playing in the basement (more closer to my router). And guess what? I'm lagging and disconnecting A LOT less now. It's so much better... I can't believe I didn't think of that before lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm actually the biggest poor sport in video games. I was playing a match with 2 friends. I was Greninja, they were Robin and Peach. I accidentally side specialed two different times instead of up specialing so I just kept SD'ing out of frustration for the rest of the match since I knew I wasn't winning anyways.

I SD'ed 11 times.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I used have a lot of lag playing online, and usually after every match I got disconnected. I tried everything, even restarting my internet. I was about to give up playing Smash 3DS online, but then I tried playing in the basement (more closer to my router). And guess what? I'm lagging and disconnecting A LOT less now. It's so much better... I can't believe I didn't think of that before lol.
Good to hear, but that "More closer" though...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well thank god my computer (therefore my DS, I never leave my computer chair) is right freaking next to my router.
Whoop whoop.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Looks like you guys fell for the feint I pulled. Look back at the post that USED to have that Nostalgia Critic video in it
So you tricked us? You were just hiding in the shadows waiting? Like a ninja? Cliffjumper really is Naruto. Confirmed by himself.:troll:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Nope. Do you know one?
Yes. I do know a good Shulk player. And I myself have been practicing Shulk quite a bit recently, and I've gotten better. The reason I'm asking this is because I've played so many Shulks, but there is only ONE good one I ever played.

D

Deleted member

I laugh at the CPU's pitiful attempts to use Shulk.

*activates jump with his double jump remaining*
*just uses Air Slash too far from the edge and dies*

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Looks like you guys fell for the feint I pulled. Look back at the post that USED to have that Nostalgia Critic video in it
Pretty much anything you say can be put right next to this:

God I love this gif...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I just realised something.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi could never have jumped off a cliff if he's still alive talk to us.

YOU LIED TO US ALL ALONG.

WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING UNDER OUR NoSeSss... *sniff**sniff*

:cry:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I just realised something.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi could never have jumped off a cliff if he's still alive talk to us.

YOU LIED TO US ALL ALONG.

WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING UNDER OUR NoSeSss... *sniff**sniff*

:cry:
Several explinations:
1. He used his ninja naruto powers to survive. (Okay, enough of this joke for now)
2. He wears a parachute
3. This is the Ghost of Cliffjumper
4. He's a dirty lying jerk.
5. His definition of cliff is the same as our definition of table
6. He doesn't know what a cliff actually is, and just made it up, (See 4)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I laugh at the CPU's pitiful attempts to use Shulk.

*activates jump with his double jump remaining*
*just uses Air Slash too far from the edge and dies*
I don't know what's sadder. The fact that CPU Shulk is so dumb, or the fact that most human Shulks are worse.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what's sadder. The fact that CPU Shulk is so dumb, or the fact that most human Shulks are worse.
*sigh* one day...

One day human Shulks will learn the risk of using Buster at 0% and finally get good.

One day...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
*sigh* one day...

One day human Shulks will learn the risk of using Buster at 0% and finally get good.

One day...
I actually started out doing that as well, but I'm better now. Once I finally learn when the best time to use Shield is, I'll finally have gotten all of the arts down. I have already used shield successfully once though.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If I'm right...shieldstun canceling is in.

Yes. Shieldstun canceling. It's, apparently, possible. Or by some other reasoning, you can act a lot faster out of Shieldstun now.

Back in previous gameplay videos with Keitaro which I'll post below in a second, I saw Marth shielding, Pikachu runs up to him and SH fairs, Marth is able to grab INSTANTLY despite Marth still being in shieldstun and Pikachu was in TREMENDOUS hitlag. Normally in Smash games, electric hitlag/shieldstun would freeze you both for a long time (longer than regular hitlag/shieldstun) and you can't act. In Sm4sh you can unshield/shieldgrab instantly during shieldstun no matter what, even while the opponent is still stuck in hitlag.

I have also punished every single Greninja dair on block JUST by unshielding and utilting ASAP with DHD. No, you don't need to perfect shield.

What does this mean?

-PacMan's dash attack is NOT safe on block (I am able to consistently shieldgrab him out of it despite the move having pretty much no openings to attack, because I'm shieldgrabbing as soon as I'm hit on shield for the second hit)
-Greninja's dair is NOT safe on block (People need to stop thinking this move is safe, especially not now that you have a new way to punish it)
-
Nearly everything in this game is probably punishable if it's shielded and reacted to properly

This changes a lot of things because it means certain characters who relied (at least somewhat) on gimmicks that revolved around dancing on you can't do it anymore. (LITTLE MAC, Sheik, Greninja, Jiggly, Fox to an extent)

I've been consistently punishing Little Mac's ftilt by reacting to the second hit, unshielding and ftilting with DHD.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I love fighting Sheikk players as Shulk. They think that they can use burst grenade, but NOPE. Counter is Shulk's friend.

D

Deleted member

I actually started out doing that as well, but I'm better now. Once I finally learn when the best time to use Shield is, I'll finally have gotten all of the arts down. I have already used shield successfully once though.
I learned not to buster at 0% after losing to lv 9 Captain Falcon taking advantage of my debuffs. Speed is better. I'm pretty good at tanking with shield, but I am awful at using jump. I've only used it for recovery once, and I had already used my second jump. Jump does increase height gained from Air Slash though.

I love fighting Sheikk players as Shulk. They think that they can use burst grenade, but NOPE. Counter is Shulk's friend.
A VISION I SEE IT I SEE IT A VISION A VISION

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Several explinations:
1. He used his ninja naruto powers to survive. (Okay, enough of this joke for now)
2. He wears a parachute
3. This is the Ghost of Cliffjumper
4. He's a dirty lying jerk.
5. His definition of cliff is the same as our definition of table
6. He doesn't know what a cliff actually is, and just made it up, (See 4)
Or 7. I'm named after an Autobot

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I learned not to buster at 0% after losing to lv 9 Captain Falcon taking advantage of my debuffs. Speed is better. I'm pretty good at tanking with shield, but I am awful at using jump. I've only used it for recovery once, and I had already used my second jump. Jump does increase height gained from Air Slash though.

IMO, Shulk's counter is one of the most satisfying moves to land in Smash. Not only is the effect cool, it also has really good range.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
@aldelaro5
100.png
400.png

BEWARE THE GLITCHY PIXELATED WALUIGI APOSTROPHE ARMS
(I just spelt Apostrophe right without even looking at anything. NAILED IT)

D

Deleted member

IMO, Shulk's counter is one of the most satisfying moves to land in Smash. Not only is the effect cool, it also has really good range.
It's even more satisfying when your opponent screws up the counter. (Ex: I hit a countering Shulk with Greninja's down air, and due to the bounce, the counter attack misses.)

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Warning Received
Or 7. I'm named after an Autobot
So I just looked up CliffJumper. Apparently, he was a (toy)clone of bumblebee, reckless, terrible at stealth, made false accusations, almost died, then got demoted to a background character. Why'd you name yourself CliffJumper again?

It's even more satisfying when your opponent screws up the counter. (Ex: I hit a countering Shulk with Greninja's down air, and due to the bounce, the counter attack misses.)
Problem with that is that I've never seen anyone else land Shulk's counter.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just looked up CliffJumper. Apparently, he was a (toy)clone of bumblebee, reckless, terrible at stealth, made false accusations, almost died, then got demoted to a background character. Why'd you name yourself CliffJumper again?
He wasn't demoted, he was only used as a background character after the movie when his voice actor quit the show.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

You know who else sees a vision?

D

Deleted member

Speak of the devil, I got Shulk's CPU from the Random Box.

It used buster when I was at kill percent and got me to rage percent using buster so it was easier to kill him.

-___-

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speak of the devil, I got Shulk's CPU from the Random Box.

It used buster when I was at kill percent and got me to rage percent using buster so it was easier to kill him.

-___-
"I'm really feeling a rhythm!"
~One of Shulks victory animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom