• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Pikachu is so meh though. At least Clefairy is from the moon lol.
I just don't see the relevance of a mediocre character representing the series.
Guess I'll break it down for ya.

• He's a cute animal mascot that appeals to a mass audience. Kids, females, and even some males love the little guy on his cuteness factor.
  • He's been showcased to be both cute AND a badass character in both the games and media. Best of both worlds.
  • Has a distinct silhouette many people nowadays will recognise. (Specifically, his ears and jagged lightning-shaped tail.)
  • Nintendo.
  • Good marketing and merchandise across the world.
  • The anime from the 90's pushed him forward to be the mascot, and successfully so.
You might not like him, and you don't have to. You can't ignore the fact the rest of the world likes him, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Great

I was invited to one of my favorite restaurants I rarely go to

But I can't go because I'm sick

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Pikachu is so meh though. At least Clefairy is from the moon lol.
I just don't see the relevance of a mediocre character representing the series.
For one, the starters have had their ups and downs (Charizard especially). And two, if they did give mascot status to one of the three starters, then one could have an uproar with fans of the other starters feeling left out or not as special.

D

Deleted member

What does this have to do with Mewtwo? Did I mention it anywhere at all?
No, you just mentioned Jigglypuff being cut due to irrelevance. It's notable that Jigglypuff made it into this game over tons of other relevant Pokemon. Should I have replaced the word "Mewtwo" with "relevant Pokemon?"

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
For one, the starters have had their ups and downs (Charizard especially). And two, if they did give mascot status to one of the three starters, then one could have an uproar with fans of the other starters feeling left out or not as special.
Okay, that actually does make a lot of sense. Too many mascots spoiled the market and only one would have left millions raging.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"This world isn't worth saving, tragedies and sadness will never truly disappear.
But even so, it's the place she once tried to protect.
I remember that.
And I will never ever forget it.
That's why... I keep fighting."

"I'm going to put all spoilers in spoiler tags"
How could you lie. :(

D

Deleted member

"I'm going to put all spoilers in spoiler tags"
How could you lie. :(
It's not a spoiler when it's completely out of context. Clearly, you must have either seen the ending or had it spoiled if that is considered a spoiler. although maybe it would have been a good idea to spoiler tag the gif at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
On the subject of Pokemon;
Charizard and Mewtwo have 2 Seperate Mega Evolutions.
I know they're fan-favorites, but... why?
Was that absol-utely necessary?
No, it wasn't. :\

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I've never liked pikachu nor can I name too many people who do (albeit, pika is extremely popular because of marketing and the reason stated above) but I cannot understand why they could not have picked another Pokemon that worked to the same effect. Any of the baby starters work the exact same way: they are very cute but evolve into powerful monsters. Like I said, Charizard is super irrelevant to me but his baby form would have made much more sense as a rep.
Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...
I've never liked Charmander nor can I name too many people who do (albeit, Char is extremely popular because of marketing and the reason stated above) but I cannot understand why they could not have picked another Pokemon that worked to the same effect. Pikachu would work the same way; it's very cute but can evolve into a powerful monster. Like I said, Raichu is super irrelevant to me but his baby form would have made much more sense as a rep.

It's the same argument, and it works just as well.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Meanwhile, in an alternate universe...
I've never liked Charmander nor can I name too many people who do (albeit, Char is extremely popular because of marketing and the reason stated above) but I cannot understand why they could not have picked another Pokemon that worked to the same effect. Pikachu would work the same way; it's very cute but can evolve into a powerful monster. Like I said, Raichu is super irrelevant to me but his baby form would have made much more sense as a rep.

It's the same argument, and it works just as well.
There is no problem with that arguement either; if pikachu was a starter and charamader was not.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
No, you just mentioned Jigglypuff being cut due to irrelevance. It's notable that Jigglypuff made it into this game over tons of other relevant Pokemon. Should I have replaced the word "Mewtwo" with "relevant Pokemon?"
Keep in mind, Greninja was added before we even knew it existed. He wouldn't become relevant until later.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On the subject of Pokemon;
Charizard and Mewtwo have 2 Seperate Mega Evolutions.
I know they're fan-favorites, but... why?
Was that absol-utely necessary?
No, it wasn't. :\
Simple, to make them look cooler.

There is no problem with that arguement either; if pikachu was a starter and charamader was not.
Technically, one could say he was one in Yellow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Keep in mind, Greninja was added before we even knew it existed. He wouldn't become relevant until later.
And even then, had Greninja not become popular, his inclusion would have been extremely out of place.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It's not a spoiler when it's completely out of context. Clearly, you must have either seen the ending or had it spoiled if that is considered a spoiler. although maybe it would have been a good idea to spoiler tag the gif at least.
It's something I haven't actually seen yet. I'm literally watching it right now.
The only reason I'm here is to take a break.
It looks important. And the fact that you just said that I must've seen THE ENDING just makes it WORSE.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Simple, to make them look cooler.

Technically, one could say he was one in Yellow.
He was made the trademark Pokemon before that point, but that is also a feasible argument.

Actually, when did the anime come out in the accordance to the game, yellow? It was before right? Not sure if the anime was shown around the same time in different countries.

D

Deleted member

It's something I haven't actually seen yet. I'm literally watching it right now.
The only reason I'm here is to take a break.
It looks important. And the fact that you just said that I must've seen THE ENDING just makes it WORSE.
0__o

God ****ing damn it. I swear that wasn't on purpose, please don't kill me.

I'll tag it now, but at this point the damage has already been done. I'm sorry.

NOTE: This gif is not a spoiler. At all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be off-topic for a sec, I got my first Miiverse admin notification. For what exactly? Because I didn't label spoilers on a vague pic. It's a wonderful like isn't it?

For those curious, this was it.

I guess the Long Hook is something. But I mean really, how old is this game? Is it really a spoiler?

D

Deleted member

To be off-topic for a sec, I got my first Miiverse admin notification. For what exactly? Because I didn't label spoilers on a vague pic. It's a wonderful like isn't it?

I guess the Long Hook is something. But I mean really, how old is this game? Is it really a spoiler?
A HEART CONTAINER? BIG SPOILER RIGHT THERE.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

This is one of the oracle games right? If I recall correctly, the Oracle games were super rare prior to their rerelease on the 3ds. The lowest price I ever saw was over $100. Most people nowadays have never played it.
EDIT: It might not be the container actually... It might be the hook and feather.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is one of the oracle games right? If I recall correctly, the Oracle games were super rare prior to their rerelease on the 3ds. The lowest price I ever saw was over $100. Most people nowadays have never played it.
Really? I had both Oracle games

I could have made me some money

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Most people thought Greninja was fake.
I thought it was real for one reason in which I loved the resemblance;

(Yes, I watch Keroro Gunsou. It's my all-time fav anime.)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want to say the only two rumors I ever truly thought were real

Greninja being a real pokemon and the smash roster with DHD, Bowser Jr, and Doc Mario

I just knew the Greninja leak was real but NOOOO

People hated him

But NOW he's in smash and everyone loves him

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Greninja being a real pokemon and the smash roster with DHD, Bowser Jr, and Doc Mario

People hated him

Same here, with the added fact that I also believed that Binacle was real.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

People hated him

I still wish Greninja had a bubble scarf from his pre-evolutions. His tongue is cool, but weird.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's Ages. Specifically it's the sixth dungeon. The joke of the pic was they didn't have a sprite for Link while in his Mermaid Suit when picking up the Heart Piece, making that.

But even then, in a day and age where emulators exist (and not to mention being able to get it on the Virtual Console), I don't see how a vague pic of a Heart Container could be considered a spoiler. The only thing I could think of is the Long Hook. But even then it's not like I showed a major plot point or anything.

And one more thing, it's an old post. This is it. Since I know a lot of it has to do with reporting; why would someone now, after I posted it around eight days ago, make a big deal out of it?

I think it was the mentioning of the long hook.
But the thing is it wasn't even a direct mention. It was simply there.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just ordered Pizza Hut's "Bacon and Cheese filled crust pizza"

not because I exceptionally love the idea of bacon in the crust of a pizza

But because it sounds strange to me and I'd like to try it once

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
It's Ages. Specifically it's the sixth dungeon. The joke of the pic was they didn't have a sprite for Link while in his Mermaid Suit when picking up the Heart Piece, making that.

But even then, in a day and age where emulators exist (and not to mention being able to get it on the Virtual Console), I don't see how a vague pic of a Heart Container could be considered a spoiler. The only thing I could think of is the Long Hook. But even then it's not like I showed a major plot point or anything.

And one more thing, it's an old post. This is it. Since I know a lot of it has to do with reporting; why would someone now, after I posted it around eight days ago, make a big deal out of it?

But the thing is it wasn't even a direct mention. It was simply there.
I have 4 theories.
1. Maybe somebody saw it and thought the kong hook was actually a spoiler.
2. Maybe somebody on Miiverse has a personal vendetta against you.
3. Maybe you're just the victim of a random troll attack.
4. Maybe it was all a dream, and none of this is real.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom