• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Basically, Greninja destroys every single Hyper Offensive team if it doesn't have a Ninja check (Faster attackers, Priority, Scarfed Pokémon). It's fast and versatile thanks to Protean + Life Orb + 122 base Speed. All you know is Hydro Pump + Ice Beam (which are mandatory for every Greninja set), but the other two coverage moves are used depending on who you want to KO. No HP Fire? Scizor and Ferrothorn are just there, setting up Swords Dance and Leech Seed respectively. No HP Grass / Grass Knot? Water-types like Azumarill and Rotom-W have a field day and respond with Play Rough and Volt Switch. No Extrasensory? Keldeo KO's with Secret Sword.
People in Smogon think it's broken but they haven't adapted to it yet. Greninja's good, annoying and "powerful," but it's not broken.
Yeah, I agree with that. It's powerful, but it does still have those limitations. I have run into the issue where I wished I had one move over the other and that cost me quite a bit, plus its fragility can be a bit troublesome due to Life Orb recoil. So it's surprising to me that it managed to make the jump into the highest tier of the OU metagame considering those issues.

I hate it when I hop onto for glory 4 player and team for no reason

I see freaking Charizards Pits and Ness spamming side Bs
Oh and 3D Bowser and Kirby squishing you :p

(and the macs too lol)
That's why I always use characters that have counter on those, it's so satisfying when you see Lucario, Lucina, Marth, etc. throw their attack right back at them.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"The 3ds version will be released this Summer, with the Wii U version, this upcoming Winter."
3ds release: October 3rd
Wii U release: November 21st.

Also, Happy 500th post me! :)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
'sup people?

Just got onto a computer after a long day, and saw the Smash Wii U release dates.

Damn you, Americanos. *shakes fist in air*

D

Deleted member

"The 3ds version will be released this Summer, with the Wii U version, this upcoming Winter."
3ds release: October 3rd
Wii U release: November 21st.

Also, Happy 500th post me! :)
To Nintendo winter is synonymous with the holiday season.
And by holiday season I mean Black Friday.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
2 months ago, I got 4 teeth filled in, and my mouth didn't work.. 1 week ago, I got 3 more filled, and my mouth and nose didn't work. I still have 2 more. Help me instead.
Geez, that sounds really painful. I was uncomfortable but that was for only an hour or so. I can't imagine being under for so long.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Geez, that sounds really painful. I was uncomfortable but that was for only an hour or so. I can't imagine being under for so long.
Honestly, the first time, it was 2 hours, but the second time was only half an hour. Although, yes, it is pretty painful. On the 2nd visit I accidentally got a small electric shock (Somehow...) but I do have a history of being tough at the dentists. So I guess it wasn't too bad...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why do I have a feeling some pervert is going to "hot glue" one of the amiibo figures?
Because, at the base root of it all, people are disgusting creatures. There's probably at least a dozen people who will have to have them "surgically removed" too, if you really want to ruin your day with those kinds of thoughts.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lucky me.
Today (Tuesday) was a PA Day, Thursday is also a PA Day, and Friday is a THIRD PA Day, plus I might get Smash on Friday.
'ALLELUIAH

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't understand why so many people are having trouble with the 3ds' controls. They're fine for me. I had them down by my 3rd match.

Soul.

Lol the Wii U version comes out November 21st.
Still going to play the 3DS version more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Bros. Wii U is coming out in November 21st? Meh, I can't say anything about that, as I don't own a Wii U. It's great for those who have one though.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Omg... I'm trying to win All-Star Mode on Hard mode with Palutena...

On my 10th try, I get beat in the last round AGAIN.

Why is this happening?!

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I wouldn't. Lol do I really need a Wii U to play with everyone on these boards when the 3DS exists.
I was more interested on the 3DS version anyway.
Called it.
The Flash premiers today!!! WOOT WOOT HYPE!
I love Fire Emblem music. Sooooooo good.
Studying with that and/or Guar Plains theme makes me so productive.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's certainly coming out sooner than expected. I'm more excited for the prospect of DLC than the second version...
I'll have to dig the Wii U out of storage anyway though, but I'll have to find a TV to play it on...

I hope that connecting the versions will unlock everything on the Wii U, because that'll be a pain in the arse otherwise. I need to finish unlocking everything on the 3DS before then... Playing through each mode with every character though...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Omg... I'm trying to win All-Star Mode on Hard mode with Palutena...

On my 10th try, I get beat in the last round AGAIN.

Why is this happening?!
I did it pretty easily with Robin. 3rd try. How have you been doing it? On one round of my winning match, I had to play it risky and let the CPUs damage me to over 100% so I could use the fairy bottle. My rule for All Star is to always use the Max Tomato first, and to still have the Heart container by the final battle

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man Palutena is so much better with her specials as Explosive Flame, Jump Glide, Angelic Missile, and Counter.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I did it pretty easily with Robin. 3rd try. How have you been doing it? On one round of my winning match, I had to play it risky and let the CPUs damage me to over 100% so I could use the fairy bottle. My rule for All Star is to always use the Max Tomato first, and to still have the Heart container by the final battle
It doesn't matter now, I just did it, (Finally.)

I just kept getting f***** over due to some unlucky circumstance (getting pushed under the Gerudo Valley bridge as it reappears, automatically getting blasted off the stage), or a CPU getting a lucky shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom