• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Do you want to play Smash anywhere and everywhere?

Decisive question right here.
I always wanted a handheld Smash Bros. to come out. It's funny, because back when the 3DS was unveiled at E3 2010, I said the portable console would be good for a game like Smash Bros., and look what happened. :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wasn't that question directed at R0Y?

As for me.... I'm getting the handheld version primarily because it's cheaper. I'm so poor.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm getting both versions because I own both consoles. I see myself playing more on the 3DS, I'm more of a handheld gamer in general. :4drmario:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Getting both because I planned to do that from the start.

The CD for registering both just cemented it further.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
A lot of people wanted Smash on a handheld.
Still not interested on the Wii U.
Well, we got Smash, Ocarina of Time, and StarFox 64 on handheld now. I'm just waiting for Off TV Play StarFox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, and Sonic Adventure 2 when Wii U VC does GameCube titles

D

Deleted member

Well, we got Smash, Ocarina of Time, and StarFox 64 on handheld now. I'm just waiting for Off TV Play StarFox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, and Sonic Adventure 2 when Wii U VC does GameCube titles
Sonic Adventure 2? Better release the HD release instead. :troll:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm getting the 3DS version to tide me over till the WiiU version.
I just feel the more fully featured, HD, in the living room with friends version is the way it's meant to be played.
That being said, Smash 3DS looks awesome, and I'm going to play it to death.

D

Deleted member

The problem is: I have a swimming pool in my backyard, and my frontyard is mostly a garden.
It's not a problem if you're resourceful enough.

As for me I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I want to get the Wii U version first because it doesn't look like that big of a gap between the two versions and I personally like that version way better, but on the other hand it's Smash and I need more games for my 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

inb4 Nintendo announces another handheld Smash and the same thing begins.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I'm actually thinking about getting one of those gen 3 remakes. I've never actually gotten a Pokemon remake, and gen three is one of the gens I've actually played. Would any of you "HOENN CONFIRMED" people have advice?

The problem is: I have a swimming pool in my backyard, and my frontyard is mostly a garden.
Pro tip: don't put the TV in the swimming pool.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
inb4 Nintendo announces another handheld Smash and the same thing begins.
Inb4 that handheld can't handle the color purple. :troll:

So I'm actually thinking about getting one of those gen 3 remakes. I've never actually gotten a Pokemon remake, and gen three is one of the gens I've actually played. Would any of you "HOENN CONFIRMED" people have advice?

/quote]

I've played the other remakes and they were basically the same games, but updated. The remakes did have some extra stuff in it that improved the longevity.

Last edited:

Soul.

Pro tip: don't put the TV in the swimming pool.
You should get it if you want a "remade" version of Hoenn, with Mega Evolutions and all that stuff.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Pokémon remake to the original is kind of what NSMB is to SMB.

Remade with the current engine and mechanics.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
You casuals. I've been playing Melee on my deck with buddies for the past 3 years.
CRT, extension cables, Gamecube, table. All you need.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
People in Japan dont like purple. There its the colour of death, or villain. Even forced Rayman 2 to recolour Rayman to blue in Japan. Such a great colour getting such bad rep is disheartening.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
People in Japan dont like purple. There its the colour of death, or villain. Even forced Rayman 2 to recolour Rayman to blue in Japan. Such a great colour getting such bad rep is disheartening.
Ridley (purple)
Hades (purple)
Mewtwo (purple, villain in Smash)
Krystal (purple)

It all makes sense now!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Waluigi is purple too.

Purple is a color.

Waluigi is derived from 悪い (warui, meaning evil in Japanese) and ルイージ (ruiiji, Luigi in katakana). Combine the words and write them in kana and you get ワルイージ (waruiiji, translated as Waluigi due to R and L stuff), thus Waluigi is Japanese wordplay to mean "Evil Luigi".

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You should get it if you want a "remade" version of Hoenn, with Mega Evolutions and all that stuff.
I'm more looking for how it improved on X/Y, because those games got me back into Pokemon again. Any improved mechanics? Can we keep Pikachu dressed up throughout the game? Will it be any easier to actually have a competent Pokemon team? Will we ever be able to have a Pokemon follow us again? Any more customizeable content? Etc.
I think that's China, actually. Purple is a royal colour, I think.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Purple is that one colour everyone should bow down to.

All nice things are purple. WAAA

R0Y

Smash Master
I guess I'll get Smash 3DS too. Damnit Nintendo, I can't wait until 21 November.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do people not realize video game journalism is BS journalism

I thought it was obvious, but apparently people take it seriously

D

Deleted member

Do people not realize video game journalism is BS journalism

I thought it was obvious, but apparently people take it seriously

People started to realize how corrupt it is after the Zoe Quinn debacle, now it's been becoming even more evident since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ironically, Rayman's shirt is purple in Legends' Wii U-exclusive Japanese release. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom