• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Oh snap
he's got us now
coming on a smash bros forum and ranting about nerds spongebaths and NSA sex crminals using swears every 3 words.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So apparently if you attach a crash bomb to Link, and LInk just stands still, it will do absolutely no damage to him.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Apparently, if Link just stands still, projectiles do not work on him. He has some mystical object that blocks said projectiles... I am not sure what it is.
A tunafish. It sings and tapdances, and it's for dinner!

I blew my ankle out the other day. I've been in various states of declining sobriety the last few days and some **** makes me angry.

I suppose y'all could suggest a fat crocodile in a crown and a cape to cry about instead?

Actually we should be worshipping Michael Jackson
I will only play one Mii Fighter, a Swordmaster named Sir Michael. It will be glorious.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
A tunafish. It sings and tapdances, and it's for dinner!

I blew my ankle out the other day. I've been in various states of declining sobriety the last few days and some **** makes me angry.

I suppose y'all could suggest a fat crocodile in a crown and a cape to cry about instead?

I will only play one Mii Fighter, a Swordmaster named Sir Michael. It will be glorious.
Anything is possible with pork fish waifu's on our side.

D

Deleted member

So when Smash 3DS comes out, this thread gets locked, from what I've heard. Is that true?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Apparently, if Link just stands still, projectiles do not work on him. He has some mystical object that blocks said projectiles... I am not sure what it is.
I feel like you misunderstand what I mean. If an explosive device is attached to your body, then a shield should not be able to-
Flash backs of the Blast Mask
Actually never mind, that makes perfect sense.

D

Deleted member

I feel like you misunderstand what I mean. If an explosive device is attached to your body, then a shield should not be able to-
Flash backs of the Blast Mask
Actually never mind, that makes perfect sense.
Realistically, you would be correct in that it makes no sense, but with the way the game is programmed, it does. I thought you were confused as to why it did no damage.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was literally blown away by @ThatShadowLink's idea for a Murasame Castle Reboot since it actually does a good job at trying something new while retaining some of the more classic elements. Hell, it sounds like something that could really grab the attention of the hardcore gamers and main Nintendo audience. Nintendo, PLEASE consider doing this before the Wii U "dies" in 4-5 year from now! DX

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was literally blown away by @ThatShadowLink's idea for a Murasame Castle Reboot since it actually does a good job at trying something new while retaining some of the more classic elements. Hell, it sounds like something that could really grab the attention of the hardcore gamers and main Nintendo audience. Nintendo, PLEASE consider doing this before the Wii U "dies" in 4-5 year from now! DX
And that idea was?...

So right now it's Social Thread: Dark?
Exactly.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
To the General R34 PM Group Thread Something?

Are we really doing that? I thought that was the running gag for tonight.
I'm totally up for it if anyone else is.
I thought there was an actual PM about that.
I wanted in. :|

Soul.

"Social Thread: After Dark" is something Miiverse users would think of. Then again, "Miiverse After Dark" is a thing apparently.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And that idea was?...

Exactly.
Here it is and prepare to be amazed.

Title: Murasame Jou no Shihai (Reign of Murasame Castle)

Platforms: Wii U for optimal experience/3DS if focused more on sales

Genre: Action/Action-Adventure

Rating: T

Plot Summary: Murasame returns to Japan, and takes over Japan once again. Takamaru, now middle-aged (though retraining his classic design), and his samurai protege Shun, meet up with the shrine maiden Ayame and spring into action to save Japan from Murasame once again. The three travel the country and save The Four Daimyo from the first game, who recognize Takamaru and give him their weapons upon being returned to normal. Their weapons are reminiscent of the same that they used in Samurai Warriors 3.
The story meets a breaking point as Takamaru, upon nearly defeating Murasame in its castle, is attacked by a ninja by the name of Hotaka, who manages to wound Takamaru and force the group to retreat. As Ayame treats his wounds at Momosame Castle, Takamaru reveals to the group that the man who attacked him was the leader of a chaotic group of mercenaries that he took down years ago.
He tasks Shun with defeating the four generals of the mercenary group: Taichi, a thick bodied man who fights with an ōtsuchi; Akemini, a woman who fights with a bo-hiya; Seiko, a woman who fights with kama; and Hotaka, who fights with kyoketsu-shoge. As with the Daimyo from before, upon defeat, Shun receives their weapons. All of the mercanaries are fought in castles that they have taken over.
After Seiko is defeated, she reveals to Shun that she was a former shrine maiden, who was seduced to join Murasame when he took over, and Shun manages to show her the error of her ways. She joins with Shun and becomes a playable character when levels are replayed.
Shun tackles Murasame Castle on his own, which is now deadlier than ever before. Seiko tags behind and assists as an AI controlled character. As they reach the top of the castle, they encounter mysterious alien forces, the likes of which Shun has never seen before. Seiko sends him off ahead and tells him to let her deal with the aliens.
Shun is almost defeated by Murasame, who has now taken a form alike the aliens outside, when suddenly, Takamaru, sporting hisSamurai Warriors 3 attire, The Four Daimyo, and Seiko dramatically enter the room and assist. Eventually, Murasame retreats to the inner sanctuary of the castle, with Takamaru hot in pursuit. Takamaru defeats Murasame and the alien threat inside, and peace returns to Japan.

Voice Cast: I'm not familiar with voice actors, but I feel that Nintendo is capable of hiring a good enough voice cast nowadays that I shouldn't need to worry. Takamaru's Japanese voice actor from Samurai Warriors 3, Hiroshi Okamoto, was really good though,; his performance fit the character well.

Gameplay:
A 3D action game with shooter elements. The playable characters have access to light and heavy attacks, which string together to form combos, and the right shoulder button can be held down to aim limited projectiles, and tapped to fire them straight ahead. Left shoulder button activates a lock-on. There is a ranking system, and all of the power-ups from the first game are still intact, but using some like the Inazuma Lightning drops the rank. After enemies you gain an amoun of gold dependent on how well you fought the enemy. Gold can be invested into items, skills, abilities and alternate versions of weapons with different stats.
There is light exploration and multiple paths to the castles alike the first game. Exploration is encouraged and the fastest, most linear path to the finish is much harder than taking the side paths. You can optionally save villages from Murasame's troops on your journey, and saving all of them rewards you with alternate costumes for the playable characters. You can also collect Tanuki statues scattered about the levels, and collecting all of them unlocks a playstyle for Takamaru more reminiscent of his original NES days, along with an NES Takamaru palette for his standard costume.

Characters: Takamaru: The samurai from the original game and the main protagonist of the series. His gameplay style consists of technical strikes and precision timing, alike Ryu Hayabua from modern Ninja Gaiden. He also has the weapons of the four daimyo. He gets a story related upgrade after returning to defeat Murasame at the end of the game, where he wields a blade forged from the weapons of The Four Daimyo, which packs the elements of The Four Daimyo into one weapon.
The Four Daimyo: Playable after defeating them. Plays with the same movesets Takamaru has with their weapons, with stat alterations to fit their personalities. Each one has a different element associated with their playstyle, carried over from their Samurai Warriors 3 incarnations.
Shun: Playable after Takamaru is wounded. Unlike his mentor, he fights with speed and style, alike Dante from Devil May Cry 3/4,minus the cuhrazy. Has access to the weapons of the four mercenaries after defeating them.
Seiko: Plays like Shun does with her weapon, but is slower and requires more precision. Very good at racking up combos and juggling enemies. Unlocked after defeating her boss character in story mode.

Modes: Story mode: the previously described story. Ten castles, twenty-one levels (one transitional level in-between every castle), ten mandatory bosses as well as optional ones in the villages. All levels can be selected from the menu and replayed individually. Villages are like mini levels, and can be replayed separately at any time after they are found and saved.
Murasame Castle Mode:Three hits before death. Only for hardcore fans of the series. Unlocked from the beginning, but not recommended until characters are beefed up.
Murasame Gauntlet: An arena where you're pitted against every enemy in the game (including bosses) in combinations and numbers not found in the main game. Unlocked after completing story mode and saving all villages.

Music: Traditional Japanese styled, but with a lot of energy. Area themes in the style of the map theme from Murasame Castle Mode of Samurai Warriors 3, and battle themes like this one featured in Nintendo Land would work wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom