• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
europe and Australia got the demos before America?
Woot, another rare PAL region win

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Am I weird for not wanting to get the demo because I want Greninja to be the first character I try on the game?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I really like how Mega Man plays

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

"Pic of the day. Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right? We've brought back the Castle Siege stage from Fire Emblem!"

I love it when Sakurai makes our jokes about him himself.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
inb4 we get 1,000 on the Wii U version.
I'm calling it now: Ridley has five trophies on the Wii U version.

One for Other M Ridley, one from Meta Ridley, one for Omega Ridley, one for 16-bit Super Metroid Ridley, and one as a fancy version of his Brawl model.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm calling it now: Ridley has five trophies on the Wii U version.

One for Other M Ridley, one from Meta Ridley, one for Omega Ridley, one for 16-bit Super Metroid Ridley, and one as a fancy version of his Brawl model.
Ridley is too scary. I think his trophies are cut from the Wii U version, like how the Tharja trophy was cut for the 3DS.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The 3DS version has over 684 trophies 0_0

HOLY ****

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/items/trophies
O hey, Staven, thats cool he is in. Also why isnt that OOT Ganondorf render a costume? Thats a waste (same with Metal Sonic)

Is that all of them? Cuz I cant seem to spot Ridley... thats kinda wierd considering hes in the WiiU version, but that also may be the reason why, so, eh.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The amount of Earthbound trophies please me
The amount of Fire Emblem trophies pleases me...however it does not please me enough.

Ridley is too scary. I think his trophies are cut from the Wii U version, like how the Tharja trophy was cut for the 3DS.
Lol, that is so funny, because it's so obvious why her trophy was cut.
Had to keep that E10+ rating.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"Is it a villain?"

"Yes."

"Is it really popular?"

"Yes."

"Has it been prominent in recent Nintendo games?"

"Yes."

"Is it an eternal rival of one of Nintendo's most iconic characters?"

"Yes".

"I know! It's Dark Pit!"

"God dammit Sakurai! It's Ridley!"
TBH I was about to guess Dark Pit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If only Fire Emblem trophies weren't mostly from Awakening... I mean, I liked Awakening, but I don't like when they focus too much on one game.

Before anyone says that about Kid Icarus, do mind that several elements found on Uprising are taken from the NES original, such as enemies (Monoeye, Zuree, Reaper, Specknose), the Three Sacred Treasures and so on. I'd say it's easier to list stuff from the NES game not in Uprising than the other way around.

Of course, the designs are all taken from Uprising, much like how Link and Samus have looks based on more recent games.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If only Fire Emblem trophies weren't mostly from Awakening... I mean, I liked Awakening, but I don't like when they focus too much on one game.

Before anyone says that about Kid Icarus, do mind that several elements found on Uprising are taken from the NES original, such as enemies (Monoeye, Zuree, Reaper, Specknose), the Three Sacred Treasures and so on. I'd say it's easier to list stuff from the NES game not in Uprising than the other way around.

Of course, the designs are all taken from Uprising, much like how Link and Samus have looks based on more recent games.
That is true. I would've liked it if he used some old KI designs too, but those are harder to port over than Uprising models. I think he should've put some of those Trophies only on the Wii U version and spread the love a bit more.

Also...

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
There are 80 Pokémon or Pokémon-related Trophies in the game. I think we have a winner.

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Are you trying to have a debate with me as to why what I'm saying won't happen?
Because of course it won't. Not in the near future, anyway. Because it's been established that one of the goals of each Smash entry is to bring back as many characters from the previous. That isn't going to change because most people don't like change.

But I think it should happen because I don't think the focus of each Smash should not be to bring back everyone. I want the series to focus on new content, not bringing back old content. Not to such an extent that Ness, Bowser, Wario, Game and Watch, Pit, Jigglypuff, Dedede, etc. ever have a chance of being cut, granted, but instead to such an extent that making sure Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer return doesn't take priority over two brand new, unique characters who have never been playable, to put it simply

I'm "that guy" who doesn't mind cuts that much. I enjoy seeing the characters I like playing as in Brawl being able to fight a larger cast with better graphics, sure, but I'm not going to cry that Wolf, for example, didn't return despite how much I think he should've.

Two things though...

No, it's not that simple.
There is no "that's it" with adding characters. The paraphrase the big man himself: it's not addition, it's multiplication.
The more characters, the more effort, the more time. But time and effort don't increase linearly with characters. Hardly.
It increases exponentially. Each character needs to be tested and balanced in the multitude of possible matchups with all the other characters. It's only natural that with each added character the balancign phase would increase dramatically

I'm pretty confident that my hypothetical situation made the implication clear that Smash would cease being a once-per-console series. Of course the "rule" of one Smash per console would have to dropped for this to even make sense as a course of action. How would what I said make any applicable sense otherwise?
Once again I stress this highly, change is more than likely a bad thing when we've been adding each series as it progresses. New content has always been added after 64 so that's a little irrelevant on your end. Of course cuts will be made and won't be upset unless they cut a character that is completely unique and shouldn't even be considered. However this rule of cuts to where you take out a completely unique character that has a big importance(Rosalina, Little Mac, Duck Hunt, etc.), they are essentially asking for a outcry from almost everyone. It would also be a terrible decision to do since they have a big impact.

It actually is simple though with the programming since balancing and testing is included in it, especially if they never built a character from the ground up, unlike 64 where it was necessary. The multitude of matchups for each character is for the competitive community to decide which matchups are better over the other. I get that it takes more time the more characters are put in, but that doesn't mean it's any harder since with advancements in technology nowadays making it easier. Even, as I said, never need to build from the ground up unless they are changing the character completely like he did with Pit for example.

The once per console rule will 95% not be dropped since having 2-3 games on the same console is a terrible idea, or anything similiar to it. In all honesty it would never cease it unless they are asking the series to become a trainwreck more than likely and cause unecessary cuts and less content each installment.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unfortunately I have to go in a bit, so I can't search this out for you right now.
Also, Pokémon has 81 instead of 80.
That's fine. I never played the game, so I can't count for myself. >_< The art style is the only thing I recognize, and that's not a good way to name stuff. And huh.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I was playing Tomodachi Life earlier, and I got a figure or something of R.O.B. and it said: "A retro robot from the NES days, and also an official Smash brawler." Well, that pretty much gave a hint he was coming back and now he's confirmed :4rob:

EDIT: If Takamaru ever makes it into another Smash game as a playable character, he should have an awesome reveal trailer and his theme should sound close to this:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I finally downloaded the entirety of the 3DS soundtrack. I died.

EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM gives me chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom