• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Other unknown improvements you say? Here's to hoping Mega Man has buffs, he's muh dood. I'd actually be happy as hell if he was broken. Not Super Hype Bowser broken. But something.

Too soon to even talk about things like that.

Megaman seems to mainly be a mid-range fighter and you won't be using his specials a lot. The general gist is to space your buster (especially since you can converge it from a SH to a jab to a Ftilt among other nifty things), Fair, and Bair. Those are the main moves you want to use the most. You just want to respect your opponents space while keeping them in that perfect mid-range section. Megaman isn't really a zoning character like I thought he would be, his tools just don't work compliment that type of play all the well. Just stay in that mid-range spot and he's pretty good.

Satan may be a villain, kids, but remember he is still a person and has feelings and may not like being the villain.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Satan may be a villain, kids, but remember he is still a person and has feelings and may not like being the villain.
Speaking of devils, there's that Horns film based on the book which sort of examines the Devil in a different light and how the Devil "celebrates" our passions, but also punishes us for taking them too far. Kind of like he understands humans more or something. I also remember another book about Satan getting kicked out of hell, some other guy takes over, and he's much, much worse than Satan. I think angels and demons start begging Satan to come back or something.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If the time on the eShop is correct and my time conversion is correct I should be able to get the Smash Demo in a little over two hours!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If the time on the eShop is correct and my time conversion is correct I should be able to get the Smash Demo in a little over two hours!
Uh... What time is it supposed to be out? It's almost 1 am where I live.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought it loaded at 12 PST

That would be 1 hr 15 minutes

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The eShop says it releases at 4AM EST on the 19th September

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I saw a tweet saying noon EST from a Treehouse member (and in my feed from being retweeted by another Treehouse member)

Soul.

Can't wait for the demo. Also, today was amazing on the whole TGS 2014 news. For one: Final Fantasy XV & Type-0 HD - the remaster - gameplay. Not CGI trailer, but actual freaking gameplay from yesterday! Today, we got confirmation on the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy coming to PC or well, Steam, but whatever. I like the series and haven't played the last entry, so guess I'll wait a bit longer.

Today: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain jungle gameplay. New sneaking suit, buddy system, climbing, a look at Big Boss's prosthesis upgrades, and Quiet really seems cute - she hums to you on your radio if she spots someone. I want to protect her with my life. Poor thing's in the messed up world of Metal Gear - with the direction of V, it's probably even worse than being in past MGS games. Kaz really changed. From her trailer, he demands she be killed even after Big Boss tells him no and agrees with Ocelot on locking her up for the mean time. Then again, Kaz lost an arm, a leg, his base he built with Big Boss, his mother, his father, and grew up in an unfortunate world. I guess his way of coping is lashing out and being bitter. Big Boss seems more like he's shutting down and becoming amoral to stop the pain.

TL;DR: Lots of game news that excites me! AND THE DEMO TOMORROW!
The New 3DS, man. The New 3DS. I've heard people went to the TGS and were impressed by the C-Stick. lol
The demo comes out in a few hours? Great, I'll finally be able to try out Pikachu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of the demo, I'm averaging around 3 kills on lvl. 9 CPUs every game.
Not bad, but it could be better.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The New 3DS, man. The New 3DS. I've heard people went to the TGS and were impressed by the C-Stick. lol
The demo comes out in a few hours? Great, I'll finally be able to try out Pikachu.
I just bought a 3DS last December 'cause I wanted to play SSB4, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and a bunch of other games... So... Am I miffed? Yes. Do I regret buying a 3DS XL? Hell no, Fire Emblem: Awakening's amazing, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is great, Super Mario 3D Land is fun, I really want Bravely Default after playing the demo and listening to the OST, I would have never played a Pokémon game legitimately had I not bought it - nothing describes playing Pokémon for the first time -, there's that new Final Fantasy Explorers game, I want to try out Monster Hunter, DS games I missed out, and a bunch of other games.

So far, it's only Xenoblade: Chronicles, so I'm not going to do much until more games make use of the new CPU, but if say, the 4DS is backwards compatible with the 3DS and DS, then I'm going to skip it.

D

Deleted member

I haven't completed Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team yet. I'll have to complete those 3 games at some point.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The New 3DS has a C-stick. That's more then enough reason for me to get it just for Smash 3DS. Xenoblade is a nice perk though and I might finally get my chance to play that game when the New 3DS makes it overseas.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a bowl of clam chowder and I'm taking my time seeing what it tastes like

I've always imagined clam chowder tasting bad

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
2014-09-19 05.56.39.jpg

This is what I'm seeing on the eShop.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just bought the 3DS to play Pokémon Y and with the New 3DS on the horizon Im happy that I didn't got the XL, I'll just upgrade to play Xenoblade and Smash Bros. but I'll keep my little 3DS to play Luigi's Mansion, M&L 4 and Bravely Default.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I haven't completed Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team yet. I'll have to complete those 3 games at some point.
That's nothing. I haven't finished Dream Team, 3D Land, my 2nd Pokémon X playthrough in French - pourquoi pas? -, Demon's Souls, my third Twilight Princess and my first 100% run of it; Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - I kind of want to wait until I get Path of Radiance - and Awakening - I might restart since I over-zealously grinded and well, it's boring being able to one-shot people without fear -; Super Mario Galaxy 2, Grandia 2 which I no longer own, Dark Cloud which I don't own anymore and the sequel - it's like the 7th time I restarted -; Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Dragon's Crown, and the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Games I haven't even started: Kirby's Epic Yarn, The Last Story, Ninja Gaiden, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Metroid: Other M and Metroid 1, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages, Assassin's Creed 1, might get Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, and 60+ games on Steam that I can't run about 90% because I have a crappy PC and thought I would build one over the summer, but nope, university started.

Should I mention "my games I don't own" backlog? Or my film and books backlogs?

D

Deleted member

and 60+ games on Steam
So you're basically like any other Steam user in that regard?
I have like 100+ and have yet to play 80 because I just stick with Dota and TF2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So you're basically like any other Steam user in that regard?
I have like 100+ and have yet to play 80 because I just stick with Dota and TF2.
You did read that I can't play about 90% of the games because I can't even run them, right? I just bought stuff over the summer sale to have games to play after I build my PC, but I can't because uni work interferes with that. Studying over gaming. Even though I don't study a lot, I'd rather secure my future.

If I could, I'd be playing Orcs Must Die!, Castle Crashers, Tomb Raider (2013), Mass Effect, and a bunch of other games, but I can't.

D

Deleted member

You did read that I can't play about 90% of the games because I can't even run them, right? I just bought stuff over the summer sale to have games to play after I build my PC, but I can't because uni work interferes with that. Studying over gaming. Even though I don't study a lot, I'd rather secure my future.

If I could, I'd be playing Orcs Must Die!, Castle Crashers, Tomb Raider (2013), Mass Effect, and a bunch of other games, but I can't.
Yes, I read that.
That doesn't matter.
Trust me, even when you get a better computer you STILL won't play a majority of the games you own.

D

Deleted member

That's nothing. I haven't finished Dream Team, 3D Land, my 2nd Pokémon X playthrough in French - pourquoi pas? -, Demon's Souls, my third Twilight Princess and my first 100% run of it; Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - I kind of want to wait until I get Path of Radiance - and Awakening - I might restart since I over-zealously grinded and well, it's boring being able to one-shot people without fear -; Super Mario Galaxy 2, Grandia 2 which I no longer own, Dark Cloud which I don't own anymore and the sequel - it's like the 7th time I restarted -; Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Dragon's Crown, and the Metroid Prime trilogy.

Games I haven't even started: Kirby's Epic Yarn, The Last Story, Ninja Gaiden, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Metroid: Other M and Metroid 1, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages, Assassin's Creed 1, might get Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, and 60+ games on Steam that I can't run about 90% because I have a crappy PC and thought I would build one over the summer, but nope, university started.

Should I mention "my games I don't own" backlog? Or my film and books backlogs?
I also haven't completed Kirby Mass Attack and some other DS / 3DS games (and said 3 I mentioned before) + Wii games.. but I'll probably get back to them at some point.. don't know when. xD

I downloaded Steam in 2012, and it was a nightmare experience for me, maybe because the year wasn't faring well for me (bad stuff happening) and all, it's a great application though; I also tested TF2.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yes, I read that.
That doesn't matter.
Trust me, even when you get a better computer you STILL won't play a majority of the games you own.
I already don't play a majority of the games I own with or without a better computer. I only want a better computer so I can have a system that can play anything that's not an exclusive.

All my time is spent doing stupid stuff like watching videos and lurking forums... All those wasted hours that I could have used to beat the games I own... Oh well.

Last edited:

Soul.

I just went to vStream, and lol, that site is going downhill.

You can clearly see Naruto's butthurt raging eyes. Oh, is getting icons from YouTube users (or alternatives) fun.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just went to vStream, and lol, that site is going downhill.

You can clearly see Naruto's butthurt raging eyes. Oh, is getting icons from YouTube users (or alternatives) fun.
Uh... What's happening there?

Usopp

Smash Apprentice
@ everyone on east coast who didn't get a code to play the demo. We get it today at 12 in the afternoon #'Murica

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Man, I just watched a video of Ness vs Mac. Ness absolutely wrecked him.

Tears and joy... Ness is better than ever!
:ness64::nessmelee::ness2::4ness:

I can't get this game in my hands soon enough.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just downloaded the demo and completed my fist match. The game is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom