• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Speaking of buying things,I heard Minecraft was bought by good 'ol Microsoft.
My friend is very unhappy,for his dreams of PS4 Minecraft is over.
There's a reason for why he can't just get an XBOX.
His right hand is deformed,and the PlayStation controller is the only one that is fit for his hands. He can't use the XBOX controller properly. His writing is troubled too,but it's funny sometimes when he writes little stories,and I read them. He's not offended by it.

Best quote from mishap writing : "We have to save them!" converted to "We have to sex them!"
I don't think you guys understand Microsoft that well, they will make money wherever it will make sense. Mojang will remain a subsidiary, and Minecraft (just like Microsoft Word) will be available on multiple platforms.

I'm glad your friend can still play games though, that's cool.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I enjoy :4darkpit:

And I absolutely love and plan to main :4duckhunt:

How exactly is it trolling for someone else to use them online against me?
Well, their taunts might go something like this, "I got in over (insert popular deconfirmed character)".

D

Deleted member

Finally I can do this joke because of the page number being 404:

"404 computer hamsters not found."

Please someone get where I took this line!
I was about to post something referencing the 404 error. xD

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, their taunts might go something like this, "I got in over (insert popular deconfirmed character)".
Yeah, I don't see how anyone will care at that point. Just seems like cruelty for the sake of it.

Of course you could always just say "I wasn't too big!"

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Finally I can do this joke because of the page number being 404:

"404 computer hamsters not found."

Please someone get where I took this line!
Yay for Fracktail.

Ugrading threat level to jelly roll 1.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If there isn't a duck emote by tomorrow I swear to god I will make one myself and tag warchamp demanding he code it in.

As you can see, I really want that emote.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Sucks that I can't see the Lucina and Duck Hunt icons on my tag since I use my iPad. I saw the icons while I was on my phone, but not on my iPad. It makes me wonder if the people even see them in my tag at all, especially @ Arcadenik Arcadenik and @ Robertman2 Robertman2 who dedicated themselves for supporting Duck Hunt and Lucina respectively. They should really be proud of themselves.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I may be late to the party with this one, but ****, this annos me when people bring this up. Don't watch his wrist, watch his hand. He is not spinning his wrist 360. He's just very, very skilled with a sword.
Link is also very, very dumb for putting his scabbard straight up on his back. It's mostly a Hollywood thing when characters have this, but seriously, this:

Would most likely translate to this irl (unless he has very long arms):

I know I'm nitpicking as it's a video game, but I guess it's one of my pet peeves. Seriously, though, another downfall is that anyone could sneak up to a person who has their sword on their back, pull it out, and slice off their head. This should happen to Link, or at least his Master Sword should get stolen. :laugh: Ah, gotta love video game logic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Probably tomorrow morning.

It's really good, hope you like it.
It is, but for better experience, here's a trick:

If you want to train with sandbag infinetely without cpus, go in group and host a match with anyone. You can start a match with you alone and a cpu and you get to the wifi waiting room, but the match only starts if you press L and R at the same time leaving you free to do stiuff with him.

Tips are limited if you keep tapping the button, but there's a lot for characters. Don't tag me for Paper Mario stage tip, I know them all already.

Also, I will loose my privilege of having the demo early :(

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
inb4 PETA goes at Nintendo for the 5th Time (2 Pokemon, a Mario and a Cooking Mama) for Duck Hunt in SSB4. :4lemmy:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Guys. I just realized something. I realized why Xenoblade is so good. So for those of you who don't know, many members of Square Enix left after Chrono Chross to make their own company. What we now know as Monolith Soft. One of Square Enix's most beloved games is Chrono Trigger. Xenoblade takes all of the elements that made that game great(since many of the developers made Chrono Trigger). Think about it. Character specific arts, area of effect attacks, different ways the story can go, using "chain attacks", having a huge world, aggro, are all things that were taken from Chrono Trigger and used in Xenoblade. That's why it is so good!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You seen the test footage?
NSFW warning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CphFZGH5030
About a dozen times by now, I love myself the Merc with a Mouth.
inb4 PETA goes at Nintendo for the 5th Time (2 Pokemon, a Mario and a Cooking Mama) for Duck Hunt in SSB4. :4lemmy:
Let them wail like banshees!!!!
Not like what they say even matters, they're a bunch of hypocrites and idiots that focus on made up problems rather than real ones. Kinda like the Westboro Baptist Church but with animals.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys. I just realized something. I realized why Xenoblade is so good. So for those of you who don't know, many members of Square Enix left after Chrono Chross to make their own company. What we now know as Monolith Soft. One of Square Enix's most beloved games is Chrono Trigger. Xenoblade takes all of the elements that made that game great(since many of the developers made Chrono Trigger). Think about it. Character specific arts, area of effect attacks, different ways the story can go, using "chain attacks", having a huge world, aggro, are all things that were taken from Chrono Trigger and used in Xenoblade. That's why it is so good!
REALLY???

Wow, RPG is just confusing. Creature was APE from Earthbound and Mother 1 so elements from the series kinda got there (I know for 2 music at least), TTYD humour and some gameplay is based on Mother AND smrpg is the foundation by the same who made Chrono trigger BUT NOW, XENOBLADE IS FROM CHRNO TRIGGER???

Just, amazed of how Chrono trigger and Earthbound influenced the further games.

Really, I never tough of that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So do people just think that every Ridley supporter is the same? Ridley was my third most wanted newcomer.

Some seem to think that I should be boycotting the game and hating all of the newcomers because "precious Ridley."

I don't even care anymore, I've got a nice roster full of characters and all but one of my mains is back. Everything's fine for me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So do people just think that every Ridley supporter is the same? Ridley was my third most wanted newcomer.

Some seem to think that I should be boycotting the game and hating all of the newcomers because "precious Ridley."

I don't even care anymore, I've got a nice roster full of characters and all but one of my mains is back. Everything's fine for me.
Simply because there are some that sadly do fit the stereotype of giving deaths threats and boycotting. A vocal minority if you will.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

It's really different from people to people, but I can say that you and me are in the minority.

One of my 2 longest post on this site is a Ridley essay after E3. It's really long to read, but it's the most detailed post I've made except my TTYD memories (those...will take a really interesting subject to beat this length).

The thing is, I just kinda wanted him, not the same scale as Paper mario which I'm ok he got a stage. The only thing I still find way too much questionable and that has still nothing to do with my view of the game is why teasing?

Don't even try to convince me it was a deconfirmation because ironically, I just can't believe we have yet to see him in any form because that we know is IMPOSSIBLE to NOT happen.

So, I still find the tease very questionable if he's not there, but it's negligable to have him as hazards for me. It;s just that I don't really like the tease he did for that.

But at the same time, I understand the hates honestly. I don't complain myself because I didn't want him THAT much, but I can understand one doing it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
REALLY???

Wow, RPG is just confusing. Creature was APE from Earthbound and Mother 1 so elements from the series kinda got there (I know for 2 music at least), TTYD humour and some gameplay is based on Mother AND smrpg is the foundation by the same who made Chrono trigger BUT NOW, XENOBLADE IS FROM CHRNO TRIGGER???

Just, amazed of how Chrono trigger and Earthbound influenced the further games.

Really, I never tough of that.
I know! Just look at their battle systems. It's almost scary looking at it.
Even look at the characters. They are extremely similar!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Sucks that I can't see the Lucina and Duck Hunt icons on my tag since I use my iPad. I saw the icons while I was on my phone, but not on my iPad. It makes me wonder if the people even see them in my tag at all, especially @ Arcadenik Arcadenik and @ Robertman2 Robertman2 who dedicated themselves for supporting Duck Hunt and Lucina respectively. They should really be proud of themselves.
Thanks!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Simply because there are some that sadly do fit the stereotype of giving deaths threats and boycotting. A vocal minority if you will.
I dunno, I keep seeing more people bashing Ridley and just being cruel to his supporters than I'm seeing supporters complaining.

Not to say that I haven't seen the supporters acting badly, there are a fair share of them. Doesn't really justify anything though.

Probably just best to ignore people on both ends. It has been surprisingly quiet ever since the game came out.

D

Deleted member

Not sure who I would contact regarding this issue, but I set my Smash 3DS main to Greninja, and it's not showing up.

I tried to set Greninja as my Wii U main and it still doesn't show.

Anyone else having problems with Greninja? (assuming you set one of your mains to Greninja)

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

I do genuinely feel the hardcore fans act like really spoiled brats.

Like, on par with a 4 year old child not getting a tricycle and causing Armageddon in the house.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I dunno, I keep seeing more people bashing Ridley and just being cruel to his supporters than I'm seeing supporters complaining.

Not to say that I haven't seen the supporters acting badly, there are a fair share of them. Doesn't really justify anything though.

Probably just best to ignore people on both ends. It has been surprisingly quiet ever since the game came out.
I would assume the reason why is because people have finally come to terms and accepting the roster for what it is.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Not sure who I would contact regarding this issue, but I set my Smash 3DS main to Greninja, and it's not showing up.

Anyone else having problems with Greninja? (assuming you set one of your mains to Greninja)
Just annoy @Warchamp7 until he fixed it.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I know! Just look at their battle systems. It's almost scary looking at it.
Even look at the characters. They are extremely similar!
Earthbound is quite a phenomenal for getting unrelated reference in other games.

EVERY Paper Mario game got at least one obvious one (except maybe sticker star because IDK), Pokemon got 2 music refeence, SSB4 is now getting Earthbound humor in trophies description (this implies being similar to Paper Mario) and get this because you would maybe mind blown:

Majora's mask has an item collectathon like the monkey maze in Erthbound.

If anyone can explain me this one, really i have no idea how useful you would be.

Tough, my avatar is the most questionable question I've asked on a game, why it got in TTYD?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Sounds like you might be part of the silent majority like I am. I don't mind having Ridley in Smash but I'm not gonna have a nervous breakdown or throw a temper tantrum if he isn't in the game. I'm still gonna have fun with Smash whether Ridley is in the game or not. Hell, I was still gonna buy Smash even before I knew the Duck Hunt Dog was leaked.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I can't see it either... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom