• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured everyone else was doing this, I might as well get mine out of the way. I didn't do the whole cast though. Most of the colors I picked were either red or black. But Toon Link, Greninja, DK, Luigi and Mac were exceptions. I'd still use Blue Mega Man too.

Smash 4 color swaps 2.JPG

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I heard Tharja was cut from the trophies. **** EVERYTHING.
Um...What?

She's still one of the trophies even now. She hasn't been removed or anything. What are you talking about? O_o

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My roster is basically:

+

:troll:

Seriously, someone made a joke in a PM I had and as weird as it sounds, I would actually be good with this roster for weird reasons :)
I would main Mr. Game and Watch. Too bad Mr. Game and Watch got nerfed. But at least Mr. Game and Watch got buffed too. What about you?

D

Deleted member

64 days for the Wii U version.
The first Smash Bros. was released on the Nintendo 64.
There were 12 characters including unlockables.
There are 12 unlockable characters in Smash 4.
4 goes into 12 three times.
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED AND BY EXTENSION GORDON FREEMAN CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4 DLC.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would main Mr. Game and Watch. Too bad Mr. Game and Watch got nerfed. But at least Mr. Game and Watch got buffed too. What about you?
Don't care, he;s in with most (or I think all?) same moves as melee and brawl, main.

I just like how silly and simple he looks and animations is where it gets so much better.

But for unknown reasons, I just got used more quickly to his handling. The jumps are high and slow, recovery is really useful, like to spam the aerials, and the little sounds he makes from dashing (the clicking).

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The first Smash Bros. was released on the Nintendo 64.
There were 12 characters including unlockables.
There are 12 unlockable characters in Smash 4.
4 goes into 12 three times.
HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED AND BY EXTENSION GORDON FREEMAN CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4 DLC.
Valve confirmed for co developer of Smash 4 all along.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't care, he;s in with most (or I think all?) same moves as melee and brawl, main.

I just like how silly and simple he looks and animations is where it gets so much better.

But for unknown reasons, I just got used more quickly to his handling. The jumps are high and slow, recovery is really useful, like to spam the aerials, and the little sounds he makes from dashing (the clicking).
Yeah, I was never all that good with Mr. G&W. Though recently, when I was playing Melee, he was one of the characters I tried out often.

I just want to shoot lasers at people with Mega Man.

D

Deleted member

Valve confirmed for co developer of Smash 4 all along.
When Gabe Newell said his favorite game was Super Mario 64 it was actually a hint that he's been secretly working with Nintendo to create Smash 4!
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

D

Deleted member

My roster is basically:

+

Seriously, someone made a joke in a PM I had and as weird as it sounds, I would actually be good with this roster for weird reasons :)

I'm just finishing my SSB4 icons, now that the renders have been uploaded.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've heard she's been cut. Do we havey any new photos?
Not sure who told you that, but they're wrong.

I saw her in a trophy gallery while watching a stream before. Sorry to say, I didn't take a screencap or anything.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Until I see a screencap I'm gonna go with what they said.

Also, what do you guys think of this?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Ah, I was asking myself what was page and I think they ere stage_---?

Because I don't recall reading chr_page in the rip txt.

Actually, can anyone pass me a 7z of the full texture ripped in their directory hierarchy?

I love to mess in those like I did for TTYD and one day, will do for SPM.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Not too sure. They might just be placeholders for now. But DLC could be cool. I'm guessing these arrows just swap to a smaller Character screen with said potential DLC characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not too sure. They might just be placeholders for now. But DLC could be cool. I'm guessing these arrows just swap to a smaller Character screen with said potential DLC characters.
I figured they would scroll over perhaps?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Porygon-Z seems like an odd choice for a trophy
We're talking about the same trophies that doesn't includes Ridley and where the Paper Mario reppng managed to be less diverse than brawl which was ONLY trophies.

So, in that sense it's not odd.

I think that the WiiU trophies will be drastically different. Hoping for the minimum for SPM (one trophy at least).

The reason an SPM trophy would be awesome now is because since brawl, ther never repped all the games released from the series in minimum trophies. Brawl forgot PM64, did slight on TTYD, but mostly SPM.

This game is doing most on sticker star, decent on TTYD (it's actually VERY good, but relatively, it's just decent) and slight on PM64, but none so far on SPM which...should be at least slight.

Hey, that game talks about love, Mother jokes in description potential :)

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
I should mention that I'm also speaking from a stance on where I want Smash to go in the future. Regardless of whether hardware makes a 100-character roster or whatever is possible is not as relevant as the time and manpower that would still need to go into making it a reality.
Right now, Smash is a once in a console generation kind of series. It's unlike many other series of its kind. (Other fighting game franchises, I mean.) I'd like Smash to step out of this.
Having a sort of "trim-able" roster would make doing so much easier. And would make having characters on a sort of "rotation" easier to deal with from a player's perspective.
I mean, let's say starting with Smash 7, we reach this type of system I brought up. In the Smash 7 roster, Robin is not present.
However, Smash 8 comes around, Robin is back alongside, I don't know, Bowser Jr. and a few of the newcomers from Smash 7. Normally this would be torturous, but what if instead of there being a six or seven year long gap in between these titles, there was only half that?

It seems to me that the reason people are so against cuts in Smash is because Smash has established itself as a fighting game franchise which always tries its best to bring back as man fighters as possible. I'll admit, it was wrong of me to say that it's too big already. And maybe it won't be too big a roster with the next entry as well. But what about three or four entries down the line? With the amount of time and energy that would need to go into programming and balancing all those character, don't you think there will eventually come a time where trying to bring back everyone from the last title, while also trying to bring in enough new fighters to satisfy the consumers, would just be too large a task for what it would be worth in the end?
In my opinion, the answer is yes. It may not happen with the next entry or even the next two after that, but it will happen eventually, and it wouldn't be a result of hardware limitations.
Yeah but you are considering the fact of future releases cutting important characters to a representing franchise in the game. I understand cuts happen and no one wants that, but you need to also understand that it's from time constraints not from time saying it will. When a character is created they have the data of that character, all they need to do is program them into the game and that's it. 3 to 4 entries down and say it will be to big is still foolish thinking since other fighting games increase their roster each game with 1-3 cuts due to unpopular opinions on that character. Characters on rotation wouldn't make things easier, it just would create more problems since people would not like it. Smash has always had a long gap and that won't change especially with consoles releasing every 8-10 years. With that huge of a gap and waiting for Nintendos next console, we need to add 3-6 more years for the next smash after a console launch.

So the answer is no. It definitely won't happen within these next entires and certainly not later, especially with all the characters having big fanbases behind them.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Porygon-Z seems like an odd choice for a trophy
An odd choice for an odd Pokemon.

Seems fitting. =P

I do miss Porygon2 in Melee though. Sure, once summoned there's a small window for the move to connect, but if it happens, its always fun to watch opponents receive crazy horizontal knockback. And I find it fun to get hit myself and try to DI outta it and recover.

Soul.

Mega Gallade: "Its Attack and Speed are boosted."
Knew it lmao. This thing is going to BL for sure.

Soul.

What's a BL?
Dang kids and their crazy slang.
BL = Bordeline
Bordeline (Smogon): A Pokémon that is considered too strong for the Underused tier, but is "not that good" in the Overused tier. Mega Gardevoir was the same thing until the Aegislash ban or so which made it good. Now it can spam Hyper Voice with no worries thanks to it being 110 BP after STAB (same type attack bonus) + base 165 Special Attack.

D

Deleted member

BL = Bordeline
Bordeline (Smogon): A Pokémon that is considered too strong for the Underused tier, but is "not that good" in the Overused tier. Mega Gardevoir was the same thing until the Aegislash ban or so which made it good. Now it can spam Hyper Voice with no worries thanks to it being 110 BP after STAB (same type attack bonus) + base 165 Special Attack.
Huh?
Speak up, my hearin' ain't so good in my left ear.

Last edited by a moderator:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I know I'm quite late on this but the characters I am most interested in no particular order with my personal fave alt(s);

upload_2014-9-18_0-33-21.png

Yea, I like red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom