• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ(◔ д◔)ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎ํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํํ(◔ д◔)ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Oh you.
I think you broke something
ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้
ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I was searching for avatars for later use. And I came across this.

What did I just see? A new Mega Evolution?! Or perhaps a joke on Sentret being on steroids in Pokémon X/Y. For reference: here's its artwork. Kind of looks like it's flatter and more flying squirrel-like.

Here's the beast in Pokémon X/Y. It looks so buff!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How they got together:

Ghirahim: "So you're a one-off character that's playable, huh?"
Sheik: "Yeah."
Ghirahim: "That's pretty hot."
Nah, it probably went like this. :p

Sheik: All right, I'm yours.

While looking for that gif, I found this!

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I noticed that too. Really hits you once you see a game and say, "Hey, didn't that used to be $59.99?"

Isn't it because of the recent drop of the Canadian dollar versus the US $? Someone more well-versed in economics may be better to talk to, as I don't know much. Still, not only does it seem unfair, but I'm worried that once our dollar is doing better, the price increases may not even come back down.
It wasn't about the drop in exchange rates between Canadian and US dollars, all the big 3 apparently agreed to a price hike to price everyone out of buying physical copies cus of 'manufacturing costs'. Which is BS since it only costs $1.50 per unit to make, probably a little less now.

You know Microsoft suggested this, what with that all-digital future they keep trying to make and all the DRM the XBone was gonna have.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah, Zelda is Probably hanging out with Metroid right now.
Probably teaching him how to crawl or something. I heard Zelda is a master of crawling. But one must wonder... Why can't Metroid crawl?:troll:

D

Deleted member

Changed up my character selection a bit:
upload_2014-9-17_20-53-55.png

Top row is characters I plan on maining, everyone else is more or less characters I'll play for funsies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I heard Tharja was cut from the trophies. **** EVERYTHING.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
@ Ffamran Ffamran I am of the opinion that the series title is justified even if Link has 99% of the screen time. The legend of the Hero is [NEAT] but, you see, it's not the root of the series and came after the machinations of old gods.

As far as other potential Zelda stories go it would be interesting to see the "A Link to the Future" hoax be a real thing someday. Something like it, anyway.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
IGGY IS LOVE
IGGY IS LIFE
I will burn his hair! :grrr:

@ Ffamran Ffamran I am of the opinion that the series title is justified even if Link has 99% of the screen time. The legend of the Hero is [NEAT] but, you see, it's not the root of the series and came after the machinations of old gods.

As far as other potential Zelda stories go it would be interesting to see the "A Link to the Future" hoax be a real thing someday. Something like it, anyway.
It's more of a joke, but it'd be cool if Zelda was playable in more games. As for Ganondorf: a prologue where you play as Ganondorf and see his rise as a promising hero and fall to villain would be cool. After that, you take over as Link starting his journey and maybe it'd be a neat and ironic idea if Link was raised by Gerudo.

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
They should do a Mario RPG with the Zelda series. Make it so that in one of the Zelda games, Ganondorf joins forces with Link and Zelda to fight a greater evil.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They should do a Mario RPG with the Zelda series. Make it so that in one of the Zelda games, Ganondorf joins forces with Link and Zelda to fight a greater evil.
This reminds me of Super Paper Mario where Bowser again, joins up so he can take over a world since I think the main villain wanted to destroy it and that would make taking over a world moot.

Yes! Stuff to use to procrastinate from doing uni work!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I will burn his hair! :grrr:

It's more of a joke, but it'd be cool if Zelda was playable in more games. As for Ganondorf: a prologue where you play as Ganondorf and see his rise as a promising hero and fall to villain would be cool. After that, you take over as Link starting his journey and maybe it'd be a neat and ironic idea if Link was raised by Gerudo.
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht if only he knew.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I honestly think the Paper Mario series got created because of very coincidental events surrounding smrpg and its planned sequel.

First, smrpg isn't directly related to the series and they only cancelled smrpg2 with what happened with Square and CD (you probably know the story already with FF7). That's is really why it was already on tha table and IS took this idea and just remade it.

If smrpg, a game not directly related to the series wasn't there, the Paper Mario series wouldn't exist.

Tough, this makes me wonder what would happen if it was well, not Paper Mario style, but uses the same humour style. I think that the zelda series has even more unexplored potential on that regard. It;s simple imagine Mother text quality with Zelda series...

I can't stress how far you can get in 4th wall there.

Speaking of this, I really want to know why IS took this style. Mother and Paper Mario are not even related and as far as I know, there's no relation between APE and IS and there's even less with Creatures and IS so why it;s still a thing?

Btw, if you question this theory, I can provide evidences if you want, but i'm sure the series got influenced a lot by Mother and from someone who have played Earthbound, it's really awesome because the series could maybe share this style while its series where it originated is dead now.

Tough, Mother will never be beaten in humour deepness because it's really unrestricted like there's just subject you don't see getting in any Mario games, but still to go as far as telling jokes about Windows over a rain of hilarious reference to it, that's still something.

Like, in zelda, it might be a bottle joke. You know, common vgl and stuff, but introduced in 4th wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom