• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't understand what you understand
But if I understand you don't know what's Google
I don't understand anything anymore sonny. I'm just outta touch with this generation.
I'm gonna stop now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is porygon-Z a pokeball pokemon?

Porygon-Z is actually one of my all time favorite pokemon

Pokemon doesn't seem to like to put the porygon line in media because of electric soldier porygon though

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Is porygon-Z a pokeball pokemon?

Porygon-Z is actually one of my all time favorite pokemon

Pokemon doesn't seem to like to put the porygon line in media because of electric soldier porygon though
Not a Poké Ball assist. Just a trophy. I wish there was more Porygon love outside of the games and Smash. :(

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Yeah but you are considering the fact of future releases cutting important characters to a representing franchise in the game. I understand cuts happen and no one wants that, but you need to also understand that it's from time constraints not from time saying it will. When a character is created they have the data of that character, all they need to do is program them into the game and that's it. 3 to 4 entries down and say it will be to big is still foolish thinking since other fighting games increase their roster each game with 1-3 cuts due to unpopular opinions on that character. Characters on rotation wouldn't make things easier, it just would create more problems since people would not like it. Smash has always had a long gap and that won't change especially with consoles releasing every 8-10 years. With that huge of a gap and waiting for Nintendos next console, we need to add 3-6 more years for the next smash after a console launch.

So the answer is no. It definitely won't happen within these next entires and certainly not later, especially with all the characters having big fanbases behind them.
Are you trying to have a debate with me as to why what I'm saying won't happen?
Because of course it won't. Not in the near future, anyway. Because it's been established that one of the goals of each Smash entry is to bring back as many characters from the previous. That isn't going to change because most people don't like change.

But I think it should happen because I don't think the focus of each Smash should not be to bring back everyone. I want the series to focus on new content, not bringing back old content. Not to such an extent that Ness, Bowser, Wario, Game and Watch, Pit, Jigglypuff, Dedede, etc. ever have a chance of being cut, granted, but instead to such an extent that making sure Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer return doesn't take priority over two brand new, unique characters who have never been playable, to put it simply

I'm "that guy" who doesn't mind cuts that much. I enjoy seeing the characters I like playing as in Brawl being able to fight a larger cast with better graphics, sure, but I'm not going to cry that Wolf, for example, didn't return despite how much I think he should've.

Two things though...

When a character is created they have the data of that character, all they need to do is program them into the game and that's it.
No, it's not that simple.
There is no "that's it" with adding characters. The paraphrase the big man himself: it's not addition, it's multiplication.
The more characters, the more effort, the more time. But time and effort don't increase linearly with characters. Hardly.
It increases exponentially. Each character needs to be tested and balanced in the multitude of possible matchups with all the other characters. It's only natural that with each added character the balancign phase would increase dramatically

Smash has always had a long gap and that won't change especially with consoles releasing every 8-10 years. With that huge of a gap and waiting for Nintendos next console, we need to add 3-6 more years for the next smash after a console launch.
I'm pretty confident that my hypothetical situation made the implication clear that Smash would cease being a once-per-console series. Of course the "rule" of one Smash per console would have to dropped for this to even make sense as a course of action. How would what I said make any applicable sense otherwise?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's going to be shortly after I'm done with work tomorrow

And I got a short day of work tomorrow

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I've been looking at the renders.

This is pretty cool.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
The idea that Nintendo and Namco already had plans for DLC during Smash 4's development really bothers me. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but I feel Nintendo's on a very slippery slope here.
If it does end up true, I wonder how Sakurai must have felt about it or if he's going to actually participate in DLC development at all. He seems like the kind of person who would despise it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The idea that Nintendo and Namco already had plans for DLC during Smash 4's development really bothers me. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but I feel Nintendo's on a very slippery slope here.
If it does end up true, I wonder how Sakurai must have felt about it or if he's going to actually participate in DLC development at all. He seems like the kind of person who would despise it.
I think it's fair, honestly.
No one going to complain about more content, especially if it's not pricey.
However, if characters are specifically cut to to be made as DLC, it's a little more disconcerting.

Judging from all the exploits already known about the game, it appears it is not made to be as complete as previous games.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Speaking of DLC anyone seen the hyrule warriors DLC?
I think it's fair, honestly.
No one going to complain about more content, especially if it's not pricey.
However, if characters are specifically cut to to be made as DLC, it's a little more disconcerting.

Judging from all the exploits already known about the game, it appears it is not made to be as complete as previous games.
I guess we have to hope the wii u version is more complete.

Staarih

Smash Master
The DLC Nintendo does is glorious. I didn't plan on getting Hyrule Warriors but I don't know, it's starting to grow into quite a game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So this DLC means that Cia, Valga, and Wizro are all now playable. A welcome addition, though it really should've been on-disc.
However, here's where it gets interesting:

Zelda Dungeon said:
Twilight Princess pack
– 1 new character
– 1 new weapon
– New Adventure Map
– 2 new costumes
This is interesting. I'm assuming the costumes are Link's Village clothing, and either his Magic Armor/Zora Armor, or perhaps it is Zelda's cloak, which would rock.
As for the new weapon, I'm going to make a crazy prediction that it is Midna's true form as a "weapon" of sorts.
The new character is probably going to be Ashei, as I can't think of anyone better.

Majora’s Mask pack
– Two characters
– New adventure map
– 3 costumes
Now here's what everyone's been wanting, and frankly I called it. The characters are most likely going to Skull Kid and Tingle, however they could go crazy and throw in Kafei or something.

Well, if you guys like Hyrule Warriors but thought it needed more stuff, a.k.a everyone, you're in luck.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So this DLC means that Cia, Valga, and Wizro are all now playable. A welcome addition, though it really should've been on-disc.
However, here's where it gets interesting:

This is interesting. I'm assuming the costumes are Link's Village clothing, and either his Magic Armor/Zora Armor, or perhaps it is Zelda's cloak, which would rock.
As for the new weapon, I'm going to make a crazy prediction that it is Midna's true form as a "weapon" of sorts.
The new character is probably going to be Ashei, as I can't think of anyone better.

Now here's what everyone's been wanting, and frankly I called it. The characters are most likely going to Skull Kid and Tingle, however they could go crazy and throw in Kafei or something.

Well, if you guys like Hyrule Warriors but thought it needed more stuff, a.k.a everyone, you're in luck.
If they really want crazy they could go have a windwaker pack and have toon link and tetra.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, even Fire Emblem Awakening DLC was free.
Not all of it was.

Tecmo Koei giving away DLC for free?
Did I just end up in an alternate reality? :crazy:
Well, there's a lot of...not free DLC. Like the stuff I covered.
However, Cia, Valga, and Wizro are all free. Which indicates they were meant to be playable initially, but were cut to save time. The fact they are free regardless is in good nature.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's a lot of...not free DLC. Like the stuff I covered.
However, Cia, Valga, and Wizro are all free. Which indicates they were meant to be playable initially, but were cut to save time. The fact they are free regardless is in good nature.
Yeah, I saw that.
But considering Tecmo sold wallpapers as DLC for DW8, these three being free is a very good surprise for me. Hoping they somehow get one or two missions but I'll take what I can.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The extra characters and the Marth Outrealm DLC (until a certain point) were, the rest wasn't.
I know.

Yeah, I saw that.
But considering Tecmo sold wallpapers as DLC for DW8, these three being free is a very good surprise for me. Hoping they somehow get one or two missions but I'll take what I can.
Ha, wallpapers? That is pretty ridiculous.
Judging from that record, I surmise this is more a Nintendo decision than a Koei Tecmo decision.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ashei being in Hyrule Warriors with Tingle and Skull Kid would be a dream come true. I'll definitely main Cia and Valga though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ashei being in Hyrule Warriors with Tingle and Skull Kid would be a dream come true. I'll definitely main Cia and Valga though.
Agreed. I recently did a playthrough of Twilight Princess to refresh my memory and was constantly impressed by how awesome Ashei was, even though she did absolutely nothing.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Tingle not being in HW from the beginning was the thing that surprised me the most.
They're definitey not going to pass up on the occasion this time. I wonder if they'll play him straight or somehow make him the most powerful character in the game, making Ganondorf and Skull Kid look like fluffy pandas compared to him.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tingle not being in HW from the beginning was the thing that surprised me the most.
They're definitey not going to pass up on the occasion this time. I wonder if they'll play him straight or somehow make him the most powerful character in the game, making Ganondorf and Skull Kid look like fluffy pandas compared to him.
Hoping latter, expecting former.
I hope that Skull Kid pulls from more than just Majora's Mask.

I'd love to troll people with the puppets from Twilight Princess.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Agreed. I recently did a playthrough of Twilight Princess to refresh my memory and was constantly impressed by how awesome Ashei was, even though she did absolutely nothing.
Despite that, she her dressed in a Yeti outfit made her look awesome and she's the only Resistance member with a visible weapon. I hope they give her some ice abilities in addition to her swordsmanship to represent the Snowhead mission.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Just looked on Amazon.com and looks like I'm getting Smash Bros. 3DS right on release day :grin:

This means... Hype Train has increased to full speed :colorful::

It looks like the Hype Train went so fast that it ascended into space :laugh:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Last night I think I may have invented the weirdest tongue twister ever while imagining if Nintendo formed a merger with Hasbro. Try saying "Nintendo Hasbro Holdings" three times fast.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of Skull Kid, here's hoping we get a Clock Town/Tower stage for the WiiU version.

The Skull Kid AT doesn't drop the moon, so maybe the moon might be used somewhere else...

Gnome sane? You gnome sane.

---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom