• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm already ahead of the game. I use the notes feature on my iPad to copy off unlocking methods of things in the game, which I would highly recommend
You know what I would highly recommend?
Just play 120 VS matches to unlock everyone.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I'm already ahead of the game. I use the notes feature on my iPad to copy off unlocking methods of things in the game, which I would highly recommend
Smart. This time around, I'm going to unlock everybody with VS matches. I've never done it that way before. Gonna have some buddies over, have a few drinks and by the end of the night BAM full roster.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Who would want to main Lucario anyway?, he has terrible air game, the worst recovery in the game and a cheap OHKO punch.
If the word's "cheap" "KO" and/or "punch" describe a character in a fighting game, they become instantly popular.

Ergo, people who main Lucario.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I plan to do matches, but I might get sick of waiting to get Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Smart. This time around, I'm going to unlock everybody with VS matches. I've never done it that way before. Gonna have some buddies over, have a few drinks and by the end of the night BAM full roster.
To be fair, I did unlock Mewtwo in Melee by playing V.S. Mode 700 times ten years ago.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, I did unlock Mewtwo in Melee by playing V.S. Mode 700 times ten years ago.
Me and my friend played 1,000 to get Mr. Game & Watch because we had no idea how to beat Young Link's target test. We just picked Space Animals and jumped off the cliff. I got so sick of hearing the Star Fox victory theme.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Me and my friend played 1,000 to get Mr. Game & Watch because we had no idea how to beat Young Link's target test. We just picked Space Animals and jumped off the cliff. I got so sick of hearing the Star Fox victory theme.

Too bad fox is top tier! :troll: <3 :foxmelee:

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Lucario is looking pretty weaker than he was in Brawl. Got nothing but nerfs- poor guy. :troll:
I don't understand why they nerfed Bowser so much. He really didn't need any nerfs. I mean, making him even more hunched for his stance?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Typical, yet another American reviewer gives another Dynasty Warriors game a low score like the syndical ******s they are. I wouldn't be surprised if the inevitable IGN rating is a 6/0 like Kirby Triple Deluxe.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/09/17/hyrule-warriors-averages-74-on-metacritic/
CUZ GAME REVIEWERS REALLY MATTER AMIRITE?
If anything it's more the popular opinion that matters, the critical opinion rarely does because they're usually biased and there's all sorts of shady backroom stuff that goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking this but with ducks and dogs instead of teddies and squirrels

I wonder why didn't they make a Conker's BFD sequel. I mean I'm aware Microsoft canceled it and instead wanted Rare to make the BFD remake for Xbox but yeah.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder why didn't they make a Conker's BFD sequel. I mean I'm aware Microsoft canceled it and instead wanted Rare to make the BFD remake for Xbox but yeah.
RARE really didn't like the idea of a Conker sequel, even when they could make it

They said if they ever made one the first thing they'd do is kill off conker by suicide and have a different protagonist

as far as they were concerned his story was over

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well, here are my planned mains. Mostly just did this to pick my favorite alternate colours. I just love G&W's new inverted one.

RARE really didn't like the idea of a Conker sequel, even when they could make it

They said if they ever made one the first thing they'd do is kill off conker by suicide and have a different protagonist

as far as they were concerned his story was over
Actually no. Chris Seavor said that the original ending was Conker killing himself, but they changed it because they felt it was a bit much/to leave it open for a sequel. He actually said he had planned out most of the sequel actually, and that the Conker remake on the XBox was originally going to be the sequel, until complications came up and they just decided to remake the first.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why would triple deluxe get a 6?

It was great

I mean, maybe not a 10 great but definitely not a 6
Their main complaint is that the game was too easy and they think that anyone that's older than 12 would not enjoy it. Yet they dare had the nerve to praise the likes of Super Mario 3D Land (The easiest Mario game in history). Most of the time, I don't really care for reviews ever since most of them seem biased and unbelievable most of the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Their main complaint is that the game was too easy and they think that anyone that's older than 12 would not enjoy it. Yet they dare had the nerve to praise the likes of Super Mario 3D Land (The easiest Mario game in history). Most of the time, I don't really care for reviews ever since most of them seem biased and unbelievable most of the time.
Never thought I'd see the day that a Kirby game would be criticized for being too easy. Isn't the the point?

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's mostly a corrupt business. Some companies buy good reviews. EA is one of them. So I basically go by with what Peppy said when buying a game:
'Trust your instincts'.

D

Deleted member

Isn't IGN biasing PS and Xbox games? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom