• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Young Link and Toon Link fill the same role in the roster, hence the two will never appear together.

Toon Link now also holds the advantage of being more popular and appearing in more Smash games, so I think he will be staying in Smash. Between the two, Toon Link is now the better choice.
Outside of Masked Link, where Young Link having a new slot is justified. As for the "replacement", it makes a lot of sense. Why he kept with TP for everyone else is another story, though.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I heard from the Spriter's Resource a few days ago that people figured out how to rip 3DS sprite files. Saw some from KI: Uprising and Pokemon X and Y. Glad they're doing SSB4 already.

Hope to see some from Kingdom Hearts; Dream Drop Distance.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So I found that palette program people are using.

After some consideration, this is what my Smash Legion is looking to be:

SmashLegion.png

Schveet.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Say what you will about the clone trio in Smash 4, they are nowhere near as bad as the likes of Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart.

Regardless, hated characters are always good choices to troll people online.

So I found that palette program people are using.

After some consideration, this is what my Smash Legion is looking to be:

View attachment 25383

Schveet.
What is that program? Do you have a link?

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Is...
Is the blank space supposed to be Kellam? :laugh:
OMG

There's a Professor Sycamore and Inigo trophy (which is funny, when I saw the Owain trophy a day or 2 ago, I was like, "Damn, where the heck is Inigo!?"). FANGIRLS (AND BOYS)... REJOICE!!

But seriously, Inigo's one of my fave FE characters like asdfghjkl

but then I saw the Lucas trophy... must... not... cry...

Lucas...

Dammit!

I'm tots fine though ;) Is there a Masked Man trophy? Cuz it'd be awesome if we have one.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Say what you will about the clone trio in Smash 4, they are nowhere near as bad as the likes of Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart.
I actually don't care all that much about the character roster in Mario Kart. I mostly play them for the new courses. That's why I'm looking forward to the DLC. Excitebike course, presumable Luigi's Mansion 2 course... I can't wait!

And here's the program: http://apps.warchamp7.com/smash/roster/

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
My thoughts:

Lucina, Greninja (unless it becomes really, really popular like Lucario), Dark Pit (I don't think Sakur-bias will save him even if Sakurai stays on board for Smash), Megaman (because Capcom is practically going out of its way to make sure the character dies), and possibly Dr. Mario (it would be kind of funny if Dr. Mario appeared in every second installment).
If Lucario survived the transition from Brawl to Smash 4, Greninja will definitely make it into Smash 5.
If the world lasts that long, that is...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What is that program? Do you have a link?
I guess it's an app Warchamp made. Find it here.

You click on a panel, choose a character, and choose a palette. You can add rows or columns. It says to "take a snapshot", but there doesn't seem to be one. I did a Print Screen and edited the image with GIMP, after which I posted it in this thread.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I actually don't care all that much about the character roster in Mario Kart. I mostly play them for the new courses. That's why I'm looking forward to the DLC. Excitebike course, presumable Luigi's Mansion 2 course... I can't wait!
Yeah, I agree the courses are the most important thing about Mario Kart.

Didn't stop the loads of ******** about Pink Gold Peach. (Which I think was more justified than the clone trio in Smash 4.)

Based @Warchamp7.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yeah, I agree the courses are the most important thing about Mario Kart.

Didn't stop the loads of *****ing about Pink Gold Peach. (Which I think was more justified than the clone trio in Smash 4.)
I have to agree with you there. Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario at least had something going on for them and are actual game characters. PGP isn't and won't ever be in a main Mario game.

And the only characters I'm thinking of using alt are Cordelia or Cherche Lucina and Bee Ness. I mostly play with the regular outfit. I'm that boring.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

My 5 picks for now. (Subject to change.)

Ganondorf looks so sinister in his SSB4 render.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What if Pink Gold Peach got announced as a separate newcomer clone of Peach for Smash 4? :troll:
Only if instead of pulling turnips with faces she pulls turnips with Mercedes logos on them.
In fact, what the heck, give her a Mercedes-themed alternate costume.
Might as well make people hate her as much as possible. :troll:

Neutral-B pulls out Baby Rosalina instead of Toad

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have to agree with you there. Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario at least had something going on for them and are actual game characters. PGP isn't and won't ever be in a main Mario game.

And the only characters I'm thinking of using alt are Cordelia or Cherche Lucina and Bee Ness. I mostly play with the regular outfit. I'm that boring.
You do realize by Nintendo's standards, "main games" do not exist for Mario, right? Miyamoto outright treats them the same. Every game happens(except the ones that don't, like the CD-i games, and maybe the PC ones) without a doubt. There is no actual canon. So Spin-Off and Main Game are useless terms officially for the Mario series. They're all equal here. Pink Gold Peach is still an awful choice. Metal Mario doesn't work due to the Metal Box. I want to see the new metal designs, though. May matter.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You do realize by Nintendo's standards, "main games" do not exist for Mario, right? Miyamoto outright treats them the same. Every game happens(except the ones that don't, like the CD-i games, and maybe the PC ones) without a doubt. There is no actual canon. So Spin-Off and Main Game are useless terms officially for the Mario series. They're all equal here. Pink Gold Peach is still an awful choice. Metal Mario doesn't work due to the Metal Box. I want to see the new metal designs, though. May matter.
Yeah, I know. I was just too lazy to type 'The non-Sports games'.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only person that is disappointed Fire Emblem: Awakening is hogging the trophies? I would of liked something from Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade or pretty much anything from the Japanese games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, I know. I was just too lazy to type 'The non-Sports games'.
And Paper Mario, and the edutainment...

The problem with the phrase "Main Games" is we don't know what they really are. There's only genres at best for this series. There is definitely a case of "what started it and what other genres exist and are treated differently by fans" though. Miyamoto is weird on this. He outright said that Mario Galaxy's 2 story does not officially connect to Galaxy 1's. He just said they have continuity. Which is strange. In a way, it's the only game(besides Hotel Mario) he practically cites as non-canon. But he also said he doesn't believe Mario would ever be a doctor either, so who knows? Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom