• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oooooohhh I think I understand now.....hmmm...but the New3DS could still run 3DS games...so if they made DLC and yet its only for N3DS and they put it on the Wii U...wouldn't that kinda be like a loophole, because in a sense they are putting them for a 3DS and the Wii U
No. Because the old 3DS doesn't get it.

Keep in mind that the 3DS and New 3DS are completely treated as unique systems. Like the DS and DSi or Game Boy and Game Boy Color.

That, and I don't think Sakurai would go for it himself despite his great job at twisting truths.

If the New 3DS was just "the 3DS with more memory", that'd work. But it has a new C-Stick as well. It's quite literally a Wii U compared to the Wii at this point. The name doesn't matter because Sakurai said those statements before we knew the New 3DS existed. He may never have known about it. I honestly think if he was going to do that, he would've delayed the game and made it New 3DS only. But he didn't.

So I fully doubt that loophole could work. Especially with the New 3DS not being a regular 3DS in all ways but, well, name.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Eh, I suppose. PotDs aren't that "hype" anymore. At least for me, since I find gameplay more interesting.

Yeah...speaking of topics:
Yoshi looks so adorable now! Yoshi's battle stance or rather battle dance is so cute! Even falling from the sky, Yoshi looks SO HAPPY! I think I might have a heart attack if this continues. We have Luma, Yoshi, Pikachu, Greninja - dorkiest ninja you will ever meet -, and the duck from Duck Hunt. Any more and I will die.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm thinking about changing my major

Now that I'm done with school

to computer programming

Only problem is, I heard the teacher is REALLY strict on class schedules and I have work

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still loads of whining over the Ice Climbers.

I understand it was a questionable decision, especially if they were supposedly running on the Wii U, but it still doesn't justify all the **** going on.

I fail to understand how people get so bratty about a freaking video game.

D

Deleted member

I understand it was a questionable decision, especially if they were supposedly running on the Wii U, but it still doesn't justify all the **** going on.

I blame the government.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

He made it clear he worked very hard to attempt it. But be honest, would ignoring the rest of the game for one character be fair?

The SSE took up 70% development time. Think about how much other areas of the game suffered for this. This time, he didn't overconcentrate on one area. The game is now far more balanced and we have tons of quality content(and Uprising, heh) instead. I hate the cut, but he made a very smart decision.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I fail to understand why it upsets you so much tons of people lost their favorite character to technical limitations in a version of a game that they may not see as even needed.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wonder how many people actually cared this much about Ice Climbers before hearing about their cut. I'm sure there were plenty, but I can't help but think some people only started caring after hearing about it...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I fail to understand why it upsets you so much tons of people lost their favorite character to technical limitations in a version of a game that they may not see as even needed.
Hey, guess what: my favorite character in Melee, Mewtwo, got cut in Brawl. It was disappointing? Yes.

Did that stop me from playing the game and having fun with it? No.

Did I go to internet forums to ***** and whine about it? No.

I'm upset with the cuts, too, but you don't see me acting like a spoiled child that doesn't get what he wants.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are you defending immaturity

It's something that should be questioned, scrutinized and stamped out of people

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey, guess what: my favorite character in Melee, Mewtwo, got cut in Brawl. It was disappointing? Yes.
Did that stop me from playing the game and having fun with it? No.
Did I go to internet forums to ***** and whine about it? No.
I'm upset with the cuts, too, but you don't see me acting like a spoiled child that doesn't get what he wants.
I wonder if you have such a negative response to that because you are a mod and thus have to deal with it firsthand.
In my opinion, they can act "like a spoiled child" if they want, as a game they are/were extremely for is not to their liking.
I can't relate personally, but that doesn't mean I think they are doing anything wrong.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think everyone should do as I do and just not give a ****.
Be like me and play Destiny or whatever game you want until Smash 4 comes out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly I think everyone should do as I do and just not give a ****.
Be like me and play Destiny or whatever game you want until Smash 4 comes out.
I'm not going to play a game that got a review score of 7

that means it sucked

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Between whining and constructive criticism, there's a clear difference.

However, for all the flaws the game has (and what can be seen as a flaw may be subjective), judging from what I played on the demo, it looks to be a great game. I feel the positives outweigh the negatives.

Sakurai may have made some questionable decisions on the games' development, I agree, but that doesn't stop me from respecting him for his professionalism. You can disagree with someone else respectfully.

Like all of us, Sakurai is human and with that comes making mistakes and unwise decisions. Errare humanum est.

I wonder if you have such a negative response to that because you are a mod and thus have to deal with it firsthand.
In my opinion, they can act "like a spoiled child" if they want, as a game they are/were extremely for is not to their liking.
I can't relate personally, but that doesn't mean I think they are doing anything wrong.
How about anyone who doesn't like the game just not buy it in the first place?

No one is forcing them to buy Smash 3DS.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to play a game that got a review score of 7

that means it sucked
See you've already broken rule #562 of my philosophy, "Do not give a **** about what anyone says."
And by obeying that rule you break rule #999.1 of my philosophy, "Do not give a **** about this list of rules."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How about anyone who doesn't like the game just not buy it in the first place?
No one is forcing them to buy Smash 3DS.
...?
I'm not sure we are at an understanding here.
My point was, there's no reason to answer people on the internet complaining with...more complaining.

And I was specifically referring to people upset over the Ice Climbers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...?
My point was, there's no reason to answer people on the internet complaining with...more complaining.

However, when the forum becomes a negative pile of complaining, it severely brings down threads and derails them, which leads to flaming. It's kind of important for it to be hammered out to keep the peace.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
...?
I guess you have a point there, but I needed to vent a little bit.

I'm part of those people, yet you don't see me spreading so much negativity and bashing the game for their absence.

I think people are making a big deal out of a video game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
However, when the forum becomes a negative pile of complaining, it severely brings down threads and derails them, which leads to flaming. It's kind of important for it to be hammered out to keep the peace.
That is true.
However, judging from the tone of Frost's post, it doesn't seem to concern moderation. Is seems more related to people on the internet been whiny. Which is not news. Especially in regards to Smash Bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That is true.
However, judging from the tone of Frost's post, it doesn't seem to concern moderation. Is seems more related to people on the internet been whiny. Which is not news. Especially in regards to Smash Bros.
He wasn't speaking as a Moderator. I myself have been one on forums/chat, hence my issues with this. I'm glad there's a venting topic, but I wish people would stay in there. >_>

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I guess you have a point there, but I needed to vent a little bit.
Well, if you're simply venting, I have no place contradicting you, now do I?

I'm part of those people, yet you don't see me spreading so much negativity and bashing the game for their absence.
I think people are making a big deal out of a video game.
Well, for some people, the video game is a big deal.
Do I personally think that cutting Ice Climbers = end of the world?
No. But then again, I was never a fan of their playstyle.

In fact, I really wish they had been included alone. Especially in this game as they would have been perfect candidates for Nana/Popo alts akin to the Villager. Technically they may have been the first to do so.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In fact, I really wish they had been included alone. Especially in this game as they would have been perfect candidates for Nana/Popo alts akin to the Villager. Technically they may have been the first to do so.
I think that idea is cool, but I can easily explain why it didn't happen.

A long time back, Sakurai said he would never make a character play severely different from their previous self since it'd alienate players. He kept his word. Every playable character is still similar to their old selves where applicable. Losing your second character is a major change. Far more than simple buffs like Bowser or Ganondorf got.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Was fire nation only able to conquer because of their technology?

Because they seem like the weakest of the benders

DonkeyStrong

Smash Cadet
My 2 cents for anyone maining Luigi

smash attack every chance you get, not just at high %

combo these with throws, and finish with smash attack

another good finisher is dash but only at high %

- His ground game is 90% defensive, get inside, roll, smash, throw etc. don't waste time on fireball unless you follow it up with a dash attack

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think that idea is cool, but I can easily explain why it didn't happen.
A long time back, Sakurai said he would never make a character play severely different from their previous self since it'd alienate players. He kept his word. Every playable character is still similar to their old selves where applicable. Losing your second character is a major change. Far more than simple buffs like Bowser or Ganondorf got.
I agree to that, however, I have two points:

One, their moveset wouldn't be different because of the lack of a second climber. Popo and Nana have the exact same moveset, so really, the only difference is less attacks/damage, which could obviously be remedied with buffs. Although the general playstyle is gone regardless as

Two, Smash 4 makes it harder to chain-grab. This could remove a lot of power for Ice Climbers, so even if they returned as is, their playstyle would have to change.

Also, a single character known as simply "Ice Climber" could be marketed as a new character on their own, like Charizard.
That was there's a bit more leniency on the moves they could change.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Air benders can fly and remove the air from people's lungs, water benders can control and rip out the blood from someone's body (Not to mention 70% of the earth's surface is water) and earth benders control the ground beneath people's feet and can construct massive rock structures

fire benders just shoot fire

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The argument of being human was never meant to put someone on untouchable grounds.
I never once implied that.

Well, for some people, the video game is a big deal.
And, in my opinion, that is a problem.

I wouldn't have minded that, actually.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree to that, however, I have two points:

One, their moveset wouldn't be different because of the lack of a second climber. Popo and Nana have the exact same moveset, so really, the only difference is less attacks/damage, which could obviously be remedied with buffs. Although the general playstyle is gone regardless as

Two, Smash 4 makes it harder to chain-grab. This could remove a lot of power for Ice Climbers, so even if they returned as is, their playstyle would have to change.

Also, a single character known as simply "Ice Climber" could be marketed as a new character on their own, like Charizard.
That was there's a bit more leniency on the moves they could change.
Actually, having two characters attacking is what made them unique and notable. Losing that makes a lot more of a difference as you think it does.

Also, to be fair, Charizard does play on his own. He just can be taken out of the battle for someone else. It's no different from Zelda/Sheik. Imagine if Olimar could not use any Pikmin. Entirely new style. And the people playing Nolimar knows this. It's a whole new way to play. In this case, it'd be forced. Either way, it's still a lot more different than you think it is. Or at least Sakurai seems to think so.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've seen people who complain about the character roster, and honestly, I never care about what their complaints about it are. I make my own opinion about the roster and just leave it alone. ******** about the roster will not "fix" it.

Example: Little Mac shouldn't be playable.

See? :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've seen people complain about Duck Hunt and that's just ridiculous

They should be complaining about Dark Pit

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Air benders can fly and remove the air from people's lungs, water benders can control and rip out the blood from someone's body (Not to mention 70% of the earth's surface is water) and earth benders control the ground beneath people's feet and can construct massive rock structures

fire benders just shoot fire
Fire Benders also have lightning, for some reason. A few of them also have explosive powers. And they aren't as gimped as Water/Earth Benders when taken out of their element. Like a Water Bender in the desert.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fire Benders also have lightning, for some reason. A few of them also have explosive powers. And they aren't as gimped as Water/Earth Benders when taken out of their element. Like a Water Bender in the desert.
Their gimped at night

They draw power from the heat of the sun

That's 50% of every day

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And, in my opinion, that is a problem.
Well, in that case, I don't know what to suggest to you. On a personal level, it can't be helped.

Actually, having two characters attacking is what made them unique and notable. Losing that makes a lot more of a difference as you think it does.

Also, to be fair, Charizard does play on his own. He just can be taken out of the battle for someone else. It's no different from Zelda/Sheik. Imagine if Olimar could not use any Pikmin. Entirely new style. And the people playing Nolimar knows this. It's a whole new way to play. In this case, it'd be forced. Either way, it's still a lot more different than you think it is. Or at least Sakurai seems to think so.
Well, what about the last point? About them being made DLC as a quasi-newcomer?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Personally, I am upset about the Ice Climbers less about their unique moveset and more the fact a whole series is losing representation. I am one of the few people who actually likes the NES Ice Climber and sees potential in it for a reboot.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But their power is still usable, just weaker. Put any Earth-bender on a boat and they are damn near useless.
So they are weaker but have more dependable powers

Although if air benders were war like they probably could have conquered

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally, I am upset about the Ice Climbers less about their unique moveset and more the fact a whole series is losing representation. I am one of the few people who actually likes the NES Ice Climber and sees potential in it for a reboot.
This is why I dislike Snake's cut too. I just wish I knew why.

But both are good points. At least IC had a legit cut reason. He tried hard, and failed. That in itself is nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom