• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The King of Hyrule isn't funny? How the hell can anyone hate the guy who was considered more memorable than the annoying and creepy cast in both Zelda CDi titles or had awesome YouTube Poops like the Dinner Blaster. If anything, there wouldn't be any CDi memes or YouTube Poops if it wasn't for that bearded badass.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sometimes, I wonder what the king is pointing to. The ceiling? The sky? The stars? It's questions like these that make me wonder if there's a deeper meaning to the CliffJumper than we ponder. Something that we ignored due to it's lackluster comedy.
Fix'd

Well right now it's distracting me from the fact I'm currently broke, hungry with almost no food, no working phone, and that i'm continuously getting shafted by my student loan office. :(
That's sad.
I hope you get through it.

The King of Hyrule isn't funny? How the hell can anyone hate the guy who was considered more memorable than the annoying and creepy cast in both Zelda CDi titles or had awesome YouTube Poops like the Dinner Blaster. If anything, there wouldn't be any CDi memes or YouTube Poops if it wasn't for that bearded badass.
The King is funny, except when it's used out of context.

Why is Cliff saying "MAH BOI!" after I gave him a third-degree BUUUURRRRN!!!!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sometimes, I wonder what the king is pointing to. The ceiling? The sky? The stars? It's questions like these that make me wonder if there's a deeper meaning to the Faces of Evil than we ponder. Something that we ignored due to it's lackluster quality.
So I just told this to my friend, and he replied:

image.jpg

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And I thought Bowser Junior was the "Scrappy Doo" of the Mario fandom. Both Daisy and Junior are pretty underrated Mario characters IMO.
He's a lot like Waluigi, he's mostly loved or hated by people in the fanbase. Personally, I think Bowser Jr is a little buttplug of a character but I'm okay with him in Smash thanks to Sakurai including all the other Koopalings.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
He's a lot like Waluigi, he's mostly loved or hated by people in the fanbase. Personally, I think Bowser Jr is a little buttplug of a character but I'm okay with him in Smash thanks to Sakurai including all the other Koopalings.
I dunno, most unlike Waluigi, Bowser Jr actually exists. Waluigi will never be playable in Smash

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Cliffjumper linked a cmpressed version of an awesome music,

That isn't gaming :troll:

Seriously tough, I think I'm one of the few people that can be that picky in ost listening. I can write a whole paragraph on any Paper Mario music or any music I loved.

Screw mp3, all hail to wav!

Or CD, original and lossless, those are good too.

EDIT:

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht

Joke: he doesn't get the alert because it's an edit.

So, hi if you read this message.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You see, that's kinda in context, because they're laughing.

Then you haven't seen me in other threads.
You lose.
You always lose.

I think most of the people who hate Bowser Jr. hate him because he kinda replaced the Koopalings.
I'd say more people hate Waluigi than Bowser Jr. I've seen a lot of people who are just "Eh. Ok" with Bowser Jr. But for Waluigi, you either love or loathe him.

I don't get why people will hate a character for something they "did" (Waluigi only being in spin-offs, Bowser Jr replacing Koopalings, etc).
You should like a character for their freaking character.

That's why I hate Daisy.
She doesn't have any character!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
You see, that's kinda in context, because they're laughing.

You lose.
You always lose.

I think most of the people who hate Bowser Jr. hate him because he kinda replaced the Koopalings.
I'd say more people hate Waluigi than Bowser Jr. I've seen a lot of people who are just "Eh. Ok" with Bowser Jr. But for Waluigi, you either love or loathe him.

I don't get why people will hate a character for something they "did" (Waluigi only being in spin-offs, Bowser Jr replacing Koopalings, etc).
You should like a character for their freaking character.

That's why I hate Daisy.
She doesn't have any character!
Wasn't Daisy supposed to be a tomboy to Peach's proper lady or something?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well right now it's distracting me from the fact I'm currently broke, hungry with almost no food, no working phone, and that i'm continuously getting shafted by my student loan office. :(
He's distracting me from remembering how annoying my li'l sister can be, that I lost my old GBA, and I still don't have a G1 Optimus Prime

P.D.:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I will never understand why would anybody want Daisy, Birdo or Toadette as playable characters in Smash.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No. That's just a personality people associate with her for some reason, because all she does in the series are sports.
Which could have built upon and maybe a Paper Luigi spin-off or something could have done that.
She's more annoying than anything.
I find Tingle way more annoying; his existence is annoying. Daisy's just there and Waluigi's wacky.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
A character is not truly annoying of they're supposed to be annoying.

Like Tingle. It's funny how weird he is. He is supposed to be annoying like that.

But when a character is supposed to be a legitimate character, like Daisy, but ends up being annoying, it's actually annoying.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Anata wa sore ni tsuite monku o iu koto ga dekiru yō ni, watashi wa, mojidōri, kore o tōkō sh-ite imasu. Anata ga nanrakano katachi de kore ni ōtō suru to, anata ga watashi no wana ni ochita nda.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I find Tingle way more annoying; his existence is annoying. Daisy's just there and Waluigi's wacky.
But at least I can find something of a personality in Tingle. Albeit a strange, demented one. Daisy's personality is really just an idea, the concept of a tomboy. And all that's left is talk, annoying, yapping, talk.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I personally prefer Tingle to Daisy, but that's just me.
I hate Tingle with a fiery passion of a thousand suns. He's creepy, greedy, and annoying. Daisy's deadbeat self is less of an issue there.

I will never understand why would anybody want Daisy, Birdo or Toadette as playable characters in Smash.
Birdo spits eggs; easy semi-clone character. Don't know about Toadette, but Daisy could just use sports stuff for her move set.

A character is not truly annoying of they're supposed to be annoying.

Like Tingle. It's funny how weird he is. He is supposed to be annoying like that.

But when a character is supposed to be a legitimate character, like Daisy, but ends up being annoying, it's actually annoying.
So, I can't be annoyed by an annoying character, but I can be annoyed by a character who's potential has been wasted?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Anata wa sore ni tsuite monku o iu koto ga dekiru yō ni, watashi wa, mojidōri, kore o tōkō sh-ite imasu. Anata ga nanrakano katachi de kore ni ōtō suru to, anata ga watashi no wana ni ochita nda.
"WATASHI WA SHINEN.....SHINENZU!!!!!"

That other guy: "CAPTAIN HOTDOG!"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hate Tingle with a fiery passion of a thousand suns. He's creepy, greedy, and annoying. Daisy's deadbeat self is less of an issue there.
I don't get easily creeped out by video game characters.
Greedy? Sure. Annoying?

I haven't been annoyed by him, personally. Dude has a dream. Not like he's actively trying to get into Mr. Fairy's pants like people keep acting. Haha, but I jest.

D

Deleted member

Meh, I wish I had a demo code, but I'll probably wait until Friday for the public release.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Saw someone on the Clashtournaments stream (Nakat) use PK Fire vs Robin's upB, couldn't recover because he couldn't actually get OFF of the ledge due to no invulnerability on a regrab. Could he have just input a getup/roll when he snapped to the ledge (ala Overswarm's analyzation), no clue. But this proves that there is ledge counterplay in this game, make no mistake.

TL;DR of this entire quest of mine; YOU CAN EDGEGUARD. It's just not as effective as Melee, but somewhat of a "spin" on Brawl's. Things you can do:

• Grab the ledge after your opponent does (when they sweetspot for example) and either force them off the ledge (which eliminates their invulnerability frames) or forces them to buffer a roll/getup from the ledge, then attempt to punish them
  • Use a projectile to "check" the ledge, if they get hit they lose their invulnerability frames, making you able to continuously hit them off the ledge unless they buffer a getup/roll, which you can punish
Either way, this is immediately better than just letting them grab the ledge and get back on for free, it's almost exactly like what you do to punish tethers in Project M

We'll see how things go from here, but -----repost this------ and practice/test it. If we have this down before Smash WiiU comes out, I bet we'll know exactly how to effectively stop autosweetspotting from being a nuisance and start thinking of it as a hindrance.
Repost this everywhere, get it out.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't get easily creeped out by video game characters.
Greedy? Sure. Annoying?

I haven't been annoyed by him, personally. Dude has a dream. Not like he's actively trying to get into Mr. Fairy's pants like people keep acting. Haha, but I jest.
There's something about Tingle that's just disturbing... It's probably his tights...

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So, I can't be annoyed by an annoying character, but I can be annoyed by a character who's potential has been wasted?
If you are annoyed by an annoying character, you aren't truly annoyed.
That character is simply fulfilling it's role, to be annoying.
Wether you praise it for how annoying it is is up to you.

You should be completely annoyed by a character is annoying, but isn't supposed to be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

You should be completely annoyed by a character is annoying, but isn't supposed to be.
But that doesn't mean you can't be annoyed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

This makes no sense! :dizzy:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I guess that makes some sense.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Meh, I wish I had a demo code, but I'll probably wait until Friday for the public release.
That makes me think, I wish I could show you, but I was in a PM conversation where me and one person wanted a code while only one code could be given. It went into crazy PW jokes and GIF that was the best posts I've read only to get the code :)

The other person was so lucky that he won one with a contest after.

Hey, @SpaceJell0 you should come here from time to time, this thread is good.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528

This makes me think of an argument I had with my mother after she dragged me to Treasure Planet (long story. I was 16 and angsty) - she felt I needed to be enthralled with Martin Short's loud obnoxious robot, and that I always "hated the characters everyone else loved."

That movie was already terrible enough - did you need to add a screaming Martin Short?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom