• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wait, what? Some dude made an unofficial Service Pack 4 for Windows XP?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My Team: Galvantula, Lucario, Chandelure
Opponent's Team: Landorus-T, Talonflame, Zapdos

1st turn: Galvantula vs Landorus-T
Galvantula uses HP ICE - Landorus-T faints
2nd turn: Galvantula vs Talonflame
Talonflame uses Brave Bird- Galvantula endures with Focus Sash
Galvantula uses Thunder- Talonflame faints
3rd turn: Galvantula vs Zapdos
Galvantula uses Thunder- critical hit- Zapdos fainted
lucario_meme_faces_by_azmilucario997-d4wjvc8-2.png

"I didn't have to do ****!"
A funny match I got done with.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
These last couple pages are definitely interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I JUST realized why the mall was so busy today.

Everyone was off because it's a holiday

I always have mondays off regardless

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Well I'm screwed.

The only "advanced technique" I could ever pull off was the DACUS, and that's apparently gone.

And my best character is probably cut, while my other best was nerfed horrendously.

Though I guess I'll have to see once I play the game. Olimar wasn't as bad as I thought he would be in the demo...
Well, you had a good point when you said that since the game is new, everyone will be on relatively equal footing. It takes time to even discover an advanced technique, let alone master it. Since the game is new and it will take even the most dedicated players time to discover any advanced techniques, this might not be an issue for some time.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, so Apple is going to unveil iPhone 6 on September 9.. meh, I'd like more Smash 3DS / WIi U information instead. :troll:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Why are the temples in Wind Waker horrible and boring? The wind temple is the worst; can't count how many times I got knocked all the way to the bottom floor.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Why are the temples in Wind Waker horrible and boring? The wind temple is the worst; can't count how many times I got knocked all the way to the bottom floor.
The Wind Waker Temples are awesome! I don't think I ever got knocked to the bottom floor :S. Wear your iron boots.

D

Deleted member

The Wind Waker Temples are awesome! I don't think I ever got knocked to the bottom floor :S. Wear your iron boots.
Personally I think the Majora's Mask temples are the best.
Except for the water temple.
**** the water temple.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
**** the water temple.
I hated the ice temple because it's possible to mess up and have to redo it

But I like the boss fight

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So how many people here have actually been to tournaments and such? What are the general basics that'd help an average bloke join the competitive scene? It'll probably be easier to jump in with the new games, since everyone kind of has to start from scratch.
I haven't been to any tourney, so I'm not the best to talk to. But I am starting to get into the competitive scene. I said that I'd like to start with Smash 4, but screw that! I wanna start with Project M!

So, right now I'm practicing and learning the fundamentals, techniques, and match-ups. However, tech skill isn't everything. Know your mains well, but also try out every fighter, so you know their limitations (may help knowing your opponent's character).

I'm currently practicing the fundamentals like wavedashing (and wavelanding, general platform movement with mains = basically doing this, etc.) at least 10 min a day (I have improved on my wavedashing A LOT by doing these session once a day). It's all about building muscle memory. and dexterity, that's something I need to improve on

I'd recommend checking out if there's tourney/weeklies/whatever in your area (just go to the Tourneys Listings section and find your area). Of course, there's not gonna be any for Smash 4 yet (that's the game that you want to get into?). But it would be nice to know if there's any Smash scene in your area, especially if you want to practice any previous game and for the future (Smash scene in my city is tiny T_T and I don't have any friends to practice with).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a quick question
What would the most crazy, impossible 1st Party Character be if they were included in Smash.
I'd say Rusty Slugger.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I found most of them overstay their welcome; especially the earth temple.
The Earth Temple was my favorite of the bunch, there wasn't much that hindered you if you made a mistake, and the aesthetic and puzzles were pretty nice.

The Wind Temple is less forgiving if you make a mistake, but typically keeping in mind where treasure chests and unexplored rooms are made sure I didn't get lost.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
**** the water temple.
The Water Temple is always the worst dungeon in the game. Especially OoT's Water Temple, I swear I got stuck in there for about a week when I first played it. After that I finally cracked and looked up a walkthrough. :awesome:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I haven't been to any tourney, so I'm not the best to talk to. But I am starting to get into the competitive scene. I said that I'd like to start with Smash 4, but screw that! I wanna start with Project M!

So, right now I'm practicing and learning the fundamentals, techniques, and match-ups. However, tech skill isn't everything. Know your mains well, but also try out every fighter, so you know their limitations (may help knowing your opponent's character).

I'm currently practicing the fundamentals like wavedashing (and wavelanding, general platform movement with mains = basically doing this, etc.) at least 10 min a day (I have improved on my wavedashing A LOT by doing these session once a day). It's all about building muscle memory. and dexterity, that's something I need to improve on

I'd recommend checking out if there's tourney/weeklies/whatever in your area (just go to the Tourneys Listings section and find your area). Of course, there's not gonna be any for Smash 4 yet (that's the game that you want to get into?). But it would be nice to know if there's any Smash scene in your area, especially if you want to practice any previous game and for the future (Smash scene in my city is tiny T_T and I don't have any friends to practice with)
So much thissssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Smooth Criminal

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The Water Temple is always the worst dungeon in the game. Especially OoT's Water Temple, I swear I got stuck in there for about a week when I first played it. After that I finally cracked and looked up a walkthrough. :awesome:
Nope, in terms of water temples, from best to worst, it goes:

1. Water Temple
2. Great Bay Temple
3. Ancient Cistern
4. Lakebed Temple (shudders)

Lakebed Temple was easy, it just sucked.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
**** the water temple.
The temples from that game almost made me dislike it among other things related to design consistencies that gt me stuck for things I shouldn't. The immersion with strong emotions like the music and the story more than made up, but water temple was so frustrating I almost couldn't appreciate how this game is pure art.

I'm sure I would love more this game if it wasn't for the temples.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Earth Temple was definitely my favorite in Wind Waker, mostly because of it's creepy atmosphere (I love areas in games like that) being accompanied by (and being able to play as) Medli throughout the dungeon, and the interesting mechanics and puzzles it used. It also happens to be home to many of my favorite enemies to fight, so I revisit it quite a bit whenever I play Wind Waker.

Not entirely sure why looking back, but when I was little my first trip to the Tower of the Gods gave me crap tons of trouble....I was stuck on it for days. Heck, on my first night I even rage quit it and started roaming and exploring the great sea for a few days before finally deciding to go back and make some actual progress again.

I love all of Wind Waker's dungeons, though nowadays I have little trouble with them aside from the Wind Temple.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just "whiskey caramelized" mushrooms and onions and put them atop a thin cut steak I grilled, which had been marinated in "Try me Tiger sauce" and whiskey for some hours

It was delicious

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
As much I would like to give a full explanation to why I dislike Wind Waker's temples, I have to go to bed for classes tomorrow.

Night.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, and in term of Water Temples.....

I hate the puzzles in just about all of them with a passion. OOT's Water Temple was a freaking maze, with an annoying as heck Mini boss (while challenging I'm personally just really annoyed by it) those low river passages with the whirlpools....so much for me to dislike about it. Master Quest actually made it a bit easier but also far less interesting overall. (you can get all the dungoen items including the Longshot super early on making things much easier, and the only regular enemies in the dungeon are Lizalfos, a few Spikes and some Dodongos in one room.)

Finding my way around Great Bay Temple wasn't much of a pain to me, more so I just had tons of trouble figuring which water pumps should be activated under the circumstances. Not to mention the hard as hell boss known as Gyorg.

Lakebed Temple was hard for me to navigate as well, mostly because of one giant room containing several passages and the staircase puzzle....oh God, the staircase puzzle...

Lastly, Ancient Cistern was only difficult for me because of the first major puzzle that required me having to strike a lock from specific directions in a certain order. I couldn't manage to find the hints and didn't want to beat it through a long series of trial and error so I just looked the answer up. The Stalmaster Mini-boss made for one hell of a challenging fight though. Difficult, but was very satisfying. The dungeon itself was also the most interesting water temple in the series IMO, especially with the dark underground part with all the undead Bokoblins and ancient machinery. And the boss fight? PERFECT conclusion to the dungeon. Epic music, challenging fight and great design. I was far from let down.

I was puzzled and disappointed with the lack of actual underwater combat in the Cistern though. It's supposed to be a water temple (most of it anyway) but the only underwater enemies are present solely in the first room and they can all be avoided very easily. That's just me nitpicking things though, I thought it was a great dungeon overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom