• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Go back to your spunky little b****. You had your chance, and you blew it. Try to talk me out of it and you will be tortured for the rest of your pathetic life.
I would rather be tortured the rest of my life and be with you, than to leave. I cannot believe how sorry I am... She threatened my life if I tried to break up with her, it has only taken me this long to figure out. I would rather spend a few moments with you and die, then spend the rest of my life with her.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Go back to your spunky little b****. You had your chance, and you blew it. Try to talk me out of it and you will be tortured for the rest of your pathetic life.

Ouch, that's harsh! How bout little Gold Pit-kun here that you can hang out with instead? *shivers*

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Dunno if this is directed towards everyone else here (including me), but...

haters-gonna-hate_mario-luigi.gif

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went to H & M today and saw a nice shirt for pretty cheap, but when I tried it on in the dressing room my nipples were just poking through

It was a very thing material and you could almost see right through it

R0Y

Smash Master
I went to H & M today and saw a nice shirt for pretty cheap, but when I tried it on in the dressing room my nipples were just poking through

It was a very thing material and you could almost see right through it
Why not wear a bra?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
'Oy.
'Oy.
Don't call Lady Phosphy such names.
It's rude and disrespectful to her gracefulness.
Ugh, more people. *teleports* (Goodnight!)
Good night!
Who would even want to prank me?

Why would I even try to avoid that? Pink/purple is a pleasant colour.
I dunno, I'm probably gonna be pranked though. Everyone's targeting me.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what? They used Melee's models?

Hmm, could Charizard be based on his Melee trophy model, as in both instances they don't have blue eyes, but that orange/amber colour (whatever it is)? I don't even know...
I thought so too, but the model is more detailed than the Melee trophy.
Could just be the Melee trophy model with a graphical update, though.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Why not wear a bra?
LOL.

You can dress bra-less though, and there's some neat tricks you could use to look fine. It depends on the person though.

I thought so too, but the model is more detailed than the Melee trophy.
Could just be the Melee trophy model with a graphical update, though.
Yeah, could be a graphical update. But knowing that the card uses Melee models is kinda cool. I'm jelly, I want that card now. =P

Last edited:

Soul.

I'll probably keep away from watching any streams. All I'm looking for is the full roster, and once that comes it'll be another long wait until I can actually play the game myself. Though we should have basic stats on each character by then, at least.

It'll be curious to see whether the competitive blokes think the custom moves are viable or not, and just to see what they are in general. Or if Miis will even be allowed. I don't know much about the goings on with that end, though I'm trying to learn.
Most certainly. Custom moves only add more depth to Smash 4. Banning them or something wouldn't make sense unless there were valid reasons. I can see the "Equipment" thing with items that power up the speed and strength of the moves getting banned, but not custom moves.
Miis will be playable...their custom specials could make them an issue, but I guess that will be heavily discussed when the streams start.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Honestly I don't understand what's going on. Then again, when is anything sane 50% of the time? I feel like a Pit being inflicted by Confuse or Spin (KI:U reference). @_@

R0Y

Smash Master
Honestly I don't understand what's going on. Then again, when is anything sane 50% of the time? I feel like a Pit being inflicted by Confuse or Spin (KI:U reference). @_@
Discussion turned to nipples.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Most certainly. Custom moves only add more depth to Smash 4. Banning them or something wouldn't make sense unless there were valid reasons. I can see the "Equipment" thing with items that power up the speed and strength of the moves getting banned, but not custom moves.
Miis will be playable...their custom specials could make them an issue, but I guess that will be heavily discussed when the streams start.
Up to my Knowledge;
Miis, Palutena and Custom Moves are in the process of thinking.
Equipment has been for-sure banned.
And I'm still not Pranked.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What, who broke your heart Loz?
Myself... And my mortality..... I broke @★•Star_Lee•★'s heart, which in turn broke mine... Phosphora threatened me with my life to go out with her... I should have refused, it would have been a short end to all of this. I should have died for @★•Star_Lee•★'s sake... But I didn't, she's changed now, I broke her heart.... I don't think she will ever be happy again.... I need to get her back, I need for her to be happy.... I will regret the rest of my life if she's unhappy, for even a second more!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
LOL.

You can dress bra-less though
Nopan is far better.

Err, anyway...

So how many people here have actually been to tournaments and such? What are the general basics that'd help an average bloke join the competitive scene? It'll probably be easier to jump in with the new games, since everyone kind of has to start from scratch.

R0Y

Smash Master
Myself... And my mortality..... I broke @★•Star_Lee•★'s heart, which in turn broke mine... Phosphora threatened me with my life to go out with her... I should have refused, it would have been a short end to all of this. I should have died for @★•Star_Lee•★'s sake... But I didn't, she's changed now, I broke her heart.... I don't think she will ever be happy again.... I need to get her back, I need for her to be happy.... I will regret the rest of my life if she's unhappy, for even a second more!
She's too young for you anyway Loz. Phosphora's a good girl, apologize to her.

Last edited:

Soul.

Up to my knowledge;
Miis, Palutena and Custom Moves are in the process of thinking.
Equipment has been for-sure banned.
They are? Huh. I didn't know that. They'll probably be discussed more when Smash 3DS is out in Japan.
Equipment being banned is a good thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My college history teacher was pissed because he always saw me drawing in class and through I wasn't paying attention but got straight A's on every test

I heard afterward he increased the difficulty of the class. My sister took it and failed

R0Y

Smash Master
My college history teacher was pissed because he always saw me drawing in class and through I wasn't paying attention but got straight A's on every test

I heard afterward he increased the difficulty of the class. My sister took it and failed
The plot thickens. Why wouldn't you be wearing a bra?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I feel like the only one who buys the games on Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. It's surprisingly addicting and has a charming story so at least give a try!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Phosphora threatened me with my life to go out with her...
I have a communication device that let's me talk with the wonderful Forces of Nature.
True story, if I had a camera I'd show ya. But I don't, so you don't get to see Lady Phosphy in reality. Sucks to be you.
Again, if I had a camera I would show you, but I don't have one. I'm not hip with the Phones and Stuff.
Only with the magical device that let's me talk (and see) the Forces of Nature up above.
Isn't that how World War One started?
Probably.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I have a communication device that let's me talk with the wonderful Forces of Nature.
True story, if I had a camera I'd show ya. But I don't, so you don't get to see Lady Phosphy in reality. Sucks to be you.
Again, if I had a camera I would show you, but I don't have one. I'm not hip with the Phones and Stuff.
Only with the magical device that let's me talk (and see) the Forces of Nature up above.

Probably.
Then who threatened me and took advantage of me? I don't understand... She was phosphora, she looked the same and had the same voice and personality as her....

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Nopan is far better.

Err, anyway...

So how many people here have actually been to tournaments and such? What are the general basics that'd help an average bloke join the competitive scene? It'll probably be easier to jump in with the new games, since everyone kind of has to start from scratch.
Never been to a tournament myself (competitive players talk too much **** for my taste most of the time), but things like being really solid on your mechanics (wave-dashing and such in Melee, for example), being competent with at least one fighter and knowing their weak/strong match-ups, and having a sparring partner who is dedicated to putting in hours of practice with you will really help you when preparing for a tournament. Beyond that, it's just practice practice practice. Some people recommend bringing headphones if you think the crowds will be too distracting, but it's up to you. Best of luck to you in your tournament-going endeavors.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Then who threatened me and took advantage of me? I don't understand... She was phosphora, she looked the same and had the same voice and personality as her....
Simple.
IT WAS A SPY.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
but things like being really solid on your mechanics (wave-dashing and such in Melee, for example), .
Well I'm screwed.

The only "advanced technique" I could ever pull off was the DACUS, and that's apparently gone.

And my best character is probably cut, while my other best was nerfed horrendously.

Though I guess I'll have to see once I play the game. Olimar wasn't as bad as I thought he would be in the demo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom