• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcAchu

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm ArcAchu (arc fire and pikachu). My friend rocket racoon introduced me to this site. I'm pretty new here so yea.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Anyone else kind of bummed out that most of the remaining character threads have basically devolved into straw grasping and extreme denial? It's like watching a sand castle slowly crumble...
.....This is the truth of humanity......

D

Deleted member

To celebrate page 3, here's a greentext story from 4chan.

Hey, I'm ArcAchu (arc fire and pikachu). My friend rocket racoon introduced me to this site. I'm pretty new here so yea yea.
Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your stay!
Just don't go to the character support threads.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Pretty much. What happened next is that a bunch of people started begging for DLC for the characters that didn't make it and... oh... I guess this is what you call deja vu.
Although I guess it's not as bad since DLC is actually possible on the game's platforms and Nintendo's shown they're willing to do it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey, I'm ArcAchu (arc fire and pikachu). My friend rocket racoon introduced me to this site. I'm pretty new here so yea.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
Welcome
image.jpg

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
All Shulk aside, I'm going to leave you guys with a topic of interest:

G'night guys! You all rock!

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
3.0 fever. All right

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm still quite saddened that Brawl in the Family is really close to coming to an end. Matthew's stated he'll reveal how many comics are left and when it will end this Tuesday.

I guess it's only fitting given how it originally came out around Brawl's time and Smash 4 is just around the corner...

Soul.

Discuss the salt starring September 13th when the remaining characters' threads are disconfirmed.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
ever notice that Dunban and Robin say the same line "on my mark" in both Robin and Shulk's final smashes?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
If I don't see Trollzama, it's 0/10.

But yeah that's likely gonna happen. :ohwell:
Not even a video can recount all the priceless stuff that goes down in those threads.
Smash 4's speculation is a lot more entertaining than brawl's, which was mostly just sad.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
10 PotD's left. Hype.
*krrtz*
This is Ground Control SR64 reporting to Pilot Smashboard, I repeat, this is Ground Control SR64 reporting to Pilot Smashboard.
We are approaching liftoff to our journey to planet Smash.
We just need the signal from Captain Masahiro to launch.

T - 10.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Pretty much. What happened next is that a bunch of people started begging for DLC for the characters that didn't make it and... oh... I guess this is what you call deja vu.
Although, to be fair, DLC talk is much more warranted this time around as Nintendo are finally open to it. Also, Namco Bandai love DLC...

I don't think people should get their hopes up, but at least with SSB4 it's within the realm of possibility.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Although I guess it's not as bad since DLC is actually possible on the game's platforms and Nintendo's shown they're willing to do it.
Which is true so I honestly don't see Nintendo supporting DLC for SSB4 longer than a year after release. With Brawl, Sakurai explained at length multiple times that DLC was hilariously impractical for the Wii until people finally got the hint around July 2008 and finally accepted that it wasn't going to happen. E3 2006- "DLC probably won't happen." GDC 08- "Er, no... the Wii can't handle it; sorry guys." European Brawl Launch- "Okay... stop... DLC is not going to happen BUT I'm probably going to make another Smash game eventually so... just wait a couple of years, maybe?"

Lozjam

Smash Champion
And this kids, is why you should never play World of Warcraft

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Which is true so I honestly don't see Nintendo supporting DLC for SSB4 longer than a year after release. With Brawl, Sakurai explained at length multiple times that DLC was hilariously impractical for the Wii until people finally got the hint around July 2008 and finally accepted that it wasn't going to happen. E3 2006- "DLC probably won't happen." GDC 08- "Er, no... the Wii can't handle it; sorry guys." European Brawl Launch- "Okay... stop... DLC is not going to happen BUT I'm probably going to make another Smash game eventually so... just wait a couple of years, maybe?"
The funny part is that DLC is possibly going to happen this time around, and people are still going to be screwed out.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Welcome! Hope you have a swell time here, I joined earlier this year and didn't use my account until a few months ago. xD I kinda wish that I made use of my account sooner. Lol.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've never even played Xenoblade and I'm ready for Shulk Time.

Sure it's sad that Snake, King K. Rool, Ridley, etc. might not make it, but we've got a damn good roster....Bowser Jr. included...

I mean, just look at these lovely blokes: :4pacman::4shulk::4robinf::4palutena:
And I've still got my favorite veterans that aren't Snake! :4kirby::ness2::4falcon::4link::gw::4olimar::4metaknight::4dedede:

If only we could all be optimistic, but this is humanity we're talking about. Come on guys, you got Mega Man.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Discuss the salt starring September 13th when the remaining characters' threads are disconfirmed.
Wow it's hard to believe we'll know the full official roster in less than 2 ****ing weeks that's crazy
Also I accepted your skype friend request thing

Soul.

Wow it's hard to believe we'll know the full official roster in less than 2 ****ing weeks that's crazy
Also I accepted your skype friend request thing
Yeah, it's now September, lol. 11 days remain.
That's good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom