• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Oht god this is the third time this thread got over 2000??? Wow. Talk about nutz.

Expect pic of the day to be about Shulk. Hopefully it isn't.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
GG's @ Substitution Substitution You're pretty good. This is my first time playing this build of the game against someone. I think I've played it a total of 5 times spread throughout 6 years lol. I had no clue how to do anything on a lap top lol. Controls got me a few times. I didn't know how to shield half the time. Most of my attacks I pressed the wrong button hahaha. I don't even know what the heck a "black mage" is lol. That Link is pretty nice though. It took me a bit but Zamus had her revenge heheheheh. I didn't even know what stages to pick so I only picked the same two except that Wario one. It looked neutral at first. Also items. Did you use a real controller by any chance?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Nope. It was all through a keyboard.
Dang. You must have the hang of it a lot better than I do. I even had trouble short hopping. I don't even know if teching is in that game lol. I had no clue how to do it. Fun matches though. Really close ones. I couldn't missile cancel with Samus. I'll see you in Smash 4. (I'm glad it seems like they buffed Zamus's F-smash because trying to get a short hop b-air/f-air is almost impossible for me lol)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
GG's @ Substitution Substitution You're pretty good. This is my first time playing this build of the game against someone. I think I've played it a total of 5 times spread throughout 6 years lol. I had no clue how to do anything on a lap top lol. Controls got me a few times. I didn't know how to shield half the time. Most of my attacks I pressed the wrong button hahaha. I don't even know what the heck a "black mage" is lol. That Link is pretty nice though. It took me a bit but Zamus had her revenge heheheheh. I didn't even know what stages to pick so I only picked the same two except that Wario one. It looked neutral at first. Also items. Did you use a real controller by any chance?
Can I join too?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
And so it has been re-born.

So Super Smash Flash 2 is okay. I mean, sure there's the anime characters and all, but it's fan-made. Though Link's Boomerang is annoying as hell to deal with

I've never even played Xenoblade and I'm ready for Shulk Time.

Sure it's sad that Snake, King K. Rool, Ridley, etc. might not make it, but we've got a damn good roster....Bowser Jr. included...

I mean, just look at these lovely blokes: :4pacman::4shulk::4robinf::4palutena:
And I've still got my favorite veterans that aren't Snake! :4kirby::ness2::4falcon::4link::gw::4olimar::4metaknight::4dedede:

If only we could all be optimistic, but this is humanity we're talking about. Come on guys, you got Mega Man.
I'm remaining optimistic. Most of the characters shown off seem really cool. And even if I won't main them all, I'm actually excited to try them out. But for me, no one's topping my dood Mega Man. He's the hypest of hype robots :4megaman:.

And I'm remaining optimistic we'll still have one or two surprises that we'll get something not found in the leak. Because surprises are fun or something.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa
I can, just not now. It's about midnight where I'm at and I would love some form of sleep. But I would love to fight you sometime.
Though Link's Boomerang is annoying as hell to deal with
Coming from someone who does main Link, it is. But it's so much fun to use.

Dang. You must have the hang of it a lot better than I do. I even had trouble short hopping. I don't even know if teching is in that game lol. I had no clue how to do it. Fun matches though. Really close ones. I couldn't missile cancel with Samus. I'll see you in Smash 4. (I'm glad it seems like they buffed Zamus's F-smash because trying to get a short hop b-air/f-air is almost impossible for me lol)
It is possible to tech. And it's abut the same as normal Smash (shield before hitting ground).
But yeah, Smash 4 hopefully will be better.

ArcAchu

Smash Rookie
Sorry if I'm a pain at first but hopefully I'll adapt with everyone

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's alright. Tell me next time when you're up for it. I main Black Mage.

Sorry if I'm a pain at first but hopefully I'll adapt with everyone
Don't need to be so modest about it. Go crazy, this thread in particular thrives on that. ;)

Last edited:

Soul.

Can you register to play online in SSF2 now or something? I was trying out Pikachu on the Training mode a while ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing I find ''meh'' in SSF2 is the inclusion of anime characters, like Ichigo, Goku, and Naruto.. well, it's a fan-made game after all, and a pretty good one at that. :shades:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
All Shulk aside, I'm going to leave you guys with a topic of interest:

G'night guys! You all rock!
Am I really going to have to do this again?
Fiiiiine.
*Ah-HEM*
Ladies (mmm), and-a gentlemen, may I have your attention please.
We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of the company Hudson Soft.
Known as Nintendo's one-and-only Second Party, developing outstanding titles such as Mario Party and Bomberman on all kinds of systems.

But during the late Gamecube Era, Hudson went silent.
No games to be found.
No announcements to be made.
Just, silent.

Then it happened.
During the beggining of the Wii Era.
Hudson Soft left Nintendo, stabbed a knife into our backs and TWISTED THE BLADE by going to the X-Box 360, where the last Bomberman Game they produced was made there.
CALAMITY AND WOE INSUED!
THE MARIO PARTY SERIES CRASHED!
BOMBERMAN FADED AWAY FROM EXISTENCE!

THE LORDS AND LADIES CRIED; "HUDSON, HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?"
...And now, we are at today...
Where Mario Party 10 is as bad as Sonic Genesis and all Nintendo gets is the DSiWare Bomberman App that doesn't even work now that the Wi-fi for the old DS Generation's games has died out.
Rest in Peace, HUDSON SOFT. May your Bumble Bee Mascot find a new hive.
Thank you, and-a good night.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Am I really going to have to do this again?
Fiiiiine.
*Ah-HEM*
Ladies (mmm), and-a gentlemen, may I have your attention please.
We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of the company Hudson Soft.
Known as Nintendo's one-and-only Second Party, developing outstanding titles such as Mario Party and Bomberman on all kinds of systems.

But during the late Gamecube Era, Hudson went silent.
No games to be found.
No announcements to be made.
Just, silent.

Then it happened.
During the beggining of the Wii Era.
Hudson Soft left Nintendo, stabbed a knife into our backs and TWISTED THE BLADE by going to the X-Box 360, where the last Bomberman Game they produced was made there.
CALAMITY AND WOE INSUED!
THE MARIO PARTY SERIES CRASHED!
BOMBERMAN FADED AWAY FROM EXISTENCE!

THE LORDS AND LADIES CRIED; "HUDSON, HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?"
...And now, we are at today...
Where Mario Party 10 is as bad as Sonic Genesis and all Nintendo gets is the DSiWare Bomberman App that doesn't even work now that the Wi-fi for the old DS Generation's games has died out.
Rest in Peace, HUDSON SOFT. May your Bumble Bee Mascot find a new hive.
Thank you, and-a good night.
That's deep.
R.I.P Bomber-Man...

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Whoa Topic 3.0? We made it.

Yes, I'm late. My laptop charger broke.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Hype it up for another menu.

Target smash and stage builder may not be in the 3ds version but I really hope we get it on the WiiU.

What im also hoping is to have a free roaming mode in smash run. Being able to set the time to unlimited and just run around and explore for fun. Hopefully we can do this mode online and just mess around in this huge level. It'd be like our own play ground.

D

Deleted member

I think the fact I initially thought Metal Face was Eggman (since I haven't played Xenoblade and Metal Face's voice honestly sounded like Eggman's to me when I first heard it) is kind of pathetic...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just to induce all the rage on this thread, in SSF2, I main Goku. Let the hatred of anime characters begin. :awesome:
NARUTO SUCKS!!!
Is that what you were looking for?
In all honesty, it's a fan-made game for fans, they can do whatever the hell they want to with it, and I don't understand all the hate for them anyways.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I still need to play SSF2.

...Meh, maybe when I get me an Xbox 360 controller. Keyboard controls suck. D:

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure the normal Target Smash and Stage Builer will make it to the Wii U game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Has Mr. Conroy given his opinion on Shulk yet?
Is he really feeling it?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
While we're on the subject, what do people use to connect 360 controllers to PCs? 360 controllers have like no normal ports and I don't think Microsoft sells wireless adaptors for them?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING AHHHHHHH

Last edited:

Soul.

I main this new character. It's called "where are the other characters in SSF2?"
If there's a new Direct, we should all see the characters in glorious 3D and not HD. :troll:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey guys! It's my birthday now.

SO BOW DOWN YOU FILTHY PEAS-

*Cough*

I-I mean. Party time YAY! <3

Status