• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wanna see Xenoblade trophies! Come on Bionis, Mechonis, Egil, Dunban, ****son, Melia, Alvis, Metal Face, and the others!
So long as none of their descriptions contain spoilers, bring it on! because I haven't finished the game yet. Only just got to sword valley

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I've noticed that Mr. Game & Watch isn't getting much attention.
Most-if-not-all new characters have a "Colors?" thread, and all the colors have been shown in full picture at a good quality faster than Palutena's Lightweight.
Meanwhile, at the Game & Watch "Colors?" thread...
*cricket*

D

Deleted member

Most-if-not-all new characters have a "Colors?" thread, and all the colors have been shown in full picture at a good quality faster than Palutena's Lightweight.
*cricket*
Because Mr. Game & Watch's colors are exactly as you would expect.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*cricket*
Well I mean, what is there? Mr. Game & Watch has different colors. We've all seen them. What's more important though is the turtle.

Last edited:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I'm getting the Wii U first. I bought that expensive thing with only a handful of games (a handful of games that are pretty good) and I really want to experience the next game in my favorite series in glorious HD on my glorious HD TV. I'm not wasting $40 on the 3ds version when I already have to buy the Wii U version ($60), A new gamecube controller because mine broke ($15?) and a gamecube adapter ($30?). That totals up to about $105 not including tx. Doesn't it suck to be a dedicated fan to something when you have to work for your money? Also Luigi looks incredible in HD!

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
*cricket*
  • Here we have blue game and watch. "..."
  • Here we have yellow game and watch. ".."
  • Here we have orange game and watch. "..."

The only shocking thing would be removing his default color, black. (But even then that would be expected)

Soul.

I'm watching the VGBootCamp Smash 3DS stream right now.
Looks like you can actually change the control layout.

Last edited:

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Villager is a god damn monster.
The only downside I see so far is that his attacks have quite a bit of start-up, mainly the grab being extremely slow. But he has so many tools to recover and control space it's not even funny. When people will learn to aim with FAir and BAir, playing against Villagers is going to be a complete nightmare.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know. Heck, I still need to see more footage of Mr. Game & Watch. Though his aerials look to be faster when they hit the ground (at least to my eyes).
As a Mr. Game & Watch player, they are all faster for sure, except for his down air, which seems to be just as slow as Brawl. I'm assuming the turtle is buffed due to the removal/nerf of SDI, which will make the move flow into itself better. It was already one of his best moves.

On the subject of Mr. Game & Watch though, I noticed his dash attack doesn't seem to have him put on the hard hat anymore. Kind of weird that they would choose to remove it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Villager is a god damn monster.
The only downside I see so far is that his attacks have quite a bit of start, mainly the grab being extremely slow. But he has so many tools to recover and control space it's not even funny. When people will learn to aim with FAir and BAir, playing against Villagers is going to be a complete nightmare.
Honestly, if only the short jump was just a little shorter. Then it could work.
Though I definitely see character like Dedede and DK having a hard time.

Last edited:

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Villager... Oh god.
Over powered example:
Sharing bowling balls, villager team.
If there's any future re-balancing, I want him nerfed.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if only the short jump was just a little shorter. Then it could work.
Though I definitely see character like Dedede and DK having a hard time.
I honestly don't mind the short jump. If it was enough height to easily land the projectiles, he could have one of the best harass tools in the entire game with no drawback whatsoever. Right now, you require a bit of finesse to land correctly, and it's a good compromise for me.
Though I agree huge characters will have a lot of trouble against the little guys. I'm very curious to see if they'll have a way to fight back...

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
So this is the best Kirby can do when he sucks up a Mii Fighter? I was actually expecting something like this, it's not like Kirby could literally have your Mii Fighter's face, but you know they could've put you're fighter's hair or something!
Mii.png

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
OH MY GOD, I JUST SAW THAT I GOT THE EARLY DEMO CODES, I AM LITERALLY SHAKING!

D

Deleted member

Also, it seems G&W lost some KO Power.
Implying not all.
Not that it matters too much anyway, he seems to be better than :gawmelee: either way, and certain physics changes really do benefit him. I don't think it'll be too much to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom