• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Calm the throwing insults around down everyone, now.

Do what people did when characters like Takamaru were confirmed. Offer your condolences and move on.

I understand that people are disappointed and angry that their most wanted characters did not make it in, but there is no excuse for outright and blatantly attacking the people themselves. If it keeps going on, I will get nasty.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not at all. You know I wanted Dark Pit and since Dr. Mario is basically Melee Mario, I'm sorta cool with him.

Game wise, as I said, my issue is the timing versus the content itself.

But in regards to you, my problem is just your attitude and behavior about all of this. I expected better than this but, maybe I expected a bit too much.

I get that you're happy with the result and that's cool, but you and many others are, or should be, perfectly capable of expressing said feelings while letting those who are a little less than satisfied express theirs without being such a smug **** about it.

I'm not quite sure what I was really thinking or expecting myself but, I'd say as a friend, you're the biggest disappointment for me today. Seriously, step off, will you?
I am not sure what your problem is; however, I assure you, I am not being a smug little *****. I am genuinely bothered by the hatred that this immaculate roster is receiving for no logical reason at all. Everyone is reserved the right to complain, as such, I reserve the right to complain about everyone's complaining. If you have a problem with that, good sir. Go ahead and slap that ignore button.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So i found my 5 mains for the 3ds
1st: :4megaman:

2nd::ness2:

3rd::rosalina:

4th::4peach:

5th::4robinf:

Still Gonna try everyone except Duck hunt dog

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am not sure what your problem is; however, I assure you, I am not being a smug little *****. I am genuinely bothered by the hatred that this immaculate roster is receiving for no logical reason at all. Everyone is reserved the right to complain, as such, I reserve the right to complain about everyone's complaining. If you have a problem with that, good sir. Go ahead and slap that ignore button.
You're not complaining about the complaining when you're blatantly just insulting and making fun of someone who is upset. You're just bullying. There's a huge difference between "Stop complaining about this. It's not that bad" and "HAHA! I'm GLAD you guys didn't get what you wanted and I did! In your face!"

That's what I'm saying.

And I just said you're a disappointment, not that I hate you or anything. Ignoring you is a bit extreme. You make it sound like I don't want to speak to you ever again or something. -.o

Morbi

Scavenger
You're not complaining about the complaining when you're blatantly just insulting and making fun of someone who is upset. You're just bullying. There's a huge difference between "Stop complaining about this. It's not that bad" and "HAHA! I'm GLAD you guys didn't get what you wanted and I did! In your face!"

That's what I'm saying.

And I just said you're a disappointment, not that I hate you or anything. Ignoring you is a bit extreme. You make it sound like I don't want to speak to you ever again or something. -.o
How did I make fun of anyone? The cry me a river portion? I do not recall to be perfectly honest, and I am not sure why you, of all people, decided to be a white knight. Do you not make fun of people every single day?

If you think, "I'm glad that you guys did not get what you wanted" is making fun of someone... then yeah, I guess I did. However, I would assert that I did not make fun of anyone. I am just being a douche.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How did I make fun of anyone? The cry me a river portion? I do not recall to be perfectly honest, and I am not sure why you, of all people, decided to be a white knight. Do you not make fun of people every single day?

If you think, "I'm glad that you guys did not get what you wanted" is making fun of someone... then yeah, I guess I did. However, I would assert that I did not make fun of anyone. I am just being a douche.
Perhaps you should stop being a douche then, dude. Plain and simple.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm a tad salty about Snake, Wolf, Lucas, and ICs. I can forgive the clones, however boring I think Dark Pit is.

Other than that? Got just about everything I could've asked for, and Duck Hunt Dog.

Hype is love, hype is life.

You guys can have the discussion back now.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a quick question, has anyone taken screenshots of Duck Hunt Dalmatian, Black Coat Doctor Mario and Lemmy? I know Lemmy's exists somewhere, can't find it, and I want to use the 3 to make me a new icon.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
For what I've seen, this is what I think of the newcomers, from best to worst:

1. Duck Hunt. Brilliant in every way. Amazing, cute and funny redesign, incredible throwbacks (seriously that side-B with Wild Gunman, and the Final Smash, my ****ing God). He is perfect and the ones who are against him are just idiots I'm sorry. Best addition to the roster by far.
2. Pac-Man. Also what they did with him is absolutely brilliant. I love characters who use elements from other games in their moveset, if it's justified. Pac-Man has a crazy moveset, **** all those "He can just eat!" idiots. Sakurai made something amazing with him. Seems like a no-brainer now.
3. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Again, another brilliant moveset. The Koopa Clown Car makes them absolutely unique and funny to look at. The Final Smash doesn't look that good but I have to see it again maybe. Also the alts are all justified and they bring 8 different characters in one package.
4. Shulk. Maybe I'm a little biased but I couldn't see this Smash Bros. without a Xenoblade rep. He was my most wanted newcomer. He looks and plays exactly as I thought, and his mechanic is interesting. Maybe not extremely appealing to the eye for someone who hasn't played his game, but I'm sure it'll be much more of impact once played. Only complaint is his Final Smash starring Dunban and Riki only. Should've had the other characters too on rotation. Oh well.
5. Little Mac. He was a no-brainer. He's badass and seems a very fast-paced character, the one you want to use when you want to just break some bones without thinking too much about it. Sm4sh without him would've been an half-failure.
6. Villager. I absolutely HATE Animal Crossing but damn does Villager look fun. His Timber move is probably the craziest Smash Bros. move ever, a mix of both technique and crazyness. I also like the reference to Balloon Fighter.
7. Wii Fit Trainer. Yes I still love her after all this time. She's just so random and out of the box that I can't really find any problem with her inclusion. I love odd balls additions. Her Final Smash is a little boring.
8. Mega Man. I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan but he needed to be here. He seems to have a very interesting moveset and all-around, the fanservice is great. Probably the best crafted pure retro character, he has a throwback every cm of his body. I'm sure that if I was a Mega Man fanboy, he would probably be number one.
9. Mii Fighter. I've never been against Miis to join the battle. I'm not the biggest fan of breaking them into three different characters (could've been just one with three different custom movesets like Palutena, not three x three) but I love their customization. I just hope it has nothing to do with the actual Streetpass and that everything can be unlocked in-game. And yes I'm excited to play as myself (going to be a Gunner).
10. Robin. I've played Awakening and didn't really enjoyed it but at least it brought us a magic-user Fire Emblem character. Not much to say about him, his gimmick seems interesting but I don't know if I'm going to like him/her much.
11. Greninja. Yeah he kinda looks badass and has a goofy way of playing for some reason to me. His moveset is OK, only the Substitute really impressed me though. Final Smash sucks.
12. Rosalina & Luma. They did find a very interesting way to bring that useless Rosalina in the battle, I'll give 'em that. A puppet character was missing from Smash Bros. so I'm OK with her being in, even though I think Paper Mario should've had priority.
13. Palutena. Sure a no-brainer but, I dunno. Thanks to Sakurai's bias she got more custom moves out of all the characters in the roster, and not a single one really stood out to me. I like her as a character, but she surely seems pretty boring as a fighter. It's weird that the two characters from one of my favorite games on 3DS (Uprising) are also the two characters of which I'm less excited about out of the whole game.
14/15 (tie). Lucina and Dark Pit. Disappointing, useless, boring reskins of other characters. Don't know how they can be over any of the characters listed above. Dark Pit is straight up a palette swap, they even call him Black Pit in Japan LOL. Yeah some of his moves seem different but come on. Even Dr. Mario is more unique. I seriously can't tell Pit and Black Pit apart from the footage I've seen. Lucina is straight up ugly in the WiiU version, I mean you can seriously tell she was a quick +1. I thought the good part about having her was that Masked Marth would've been playable, but nope not even that. Pathetic. They will be both quickly forgotten when Smash 5 comes out and they will be cut.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
For what I've seen, this is what I think of the newcomers, from best to worst:

1. Duck Hunt. Brilliant in every way. Amazing, cute and funny redesign, incredible throwbacks (seriously that side-B with Wild Gunman, and the Final Smash, my ****ing God). He is perfect and the ones who are against him are just idiots I'm sorry. Best addition to the roster by far.
2. Pac-Man. Also what they did with him is absolutely brilliant. I love characters who use elements from other games in their moveset, if it's justified. Pac-Man has a crazy moveset, **** all those "He can just eat!" idiots. Sakurai made something amazing with him. Seems like a no-brainer now.
3. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Again, another brilliant moveset. The Koopa Clown Car makes them absolutely unique and funny to look at. The Final Smash doesn't look that good but I have to see it again maybe. Also the alts are all justified and they bring 8 different characters in one package.
4. Shulk. Maybe I'm a little biased but I couldn't see this Smash Bros. without a Xenoblade rep. He was my most wanted newcomer. He looks and plays exactly as I thought, and his mechanic is interesting. Maybe not extremely appealing to the eye for someone who hasn't played his game, but I'm sure it'll be much more of impact once played. Only complaint is his Final Smash starring Dunban and Riki only. Should've had the other characters too on rotation. Oh well.
5. Little Mac. He was a no-brainer. He's badass and seems a very fast-paced character, the one you want to use when you want to just break some bones without thinking too much about it. Sm4sh without him would've been an half-failure.
6. Villager. I absolutely HATE Animal Crossing but damn does Villager look fun. His Timber move is probably the craziest Smash Bros. move ever, a mix of both technique and crazyness. I also like the reference to Balloon Fighter.
7. Wii Fit Trainer. Yes I still love her after all this time. She's just so random and out of the box that I can't really find any problem with her inclusion. I love odd balls additions. Her Final Smash is a little boring.
8. Mega Man. I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan but he needed to be here. He seems to have a very interesting moveset and all-around, the fanservice is great. Probably the best crafted pure retro character, he has a throwback every cm of his body. I'm sure that if I was a Mega Man fanboy, he would probably be number one.
9. Mii Fighter. I've never been against Miis to join the battle. I'm not the biggest fan of breaking them into three different characters (could've been just one with three different custom movesets like Palutena, not three x three) but I love their customization. I just hope it has nothing to do with the actual Streetpass and that everything can be unlocked in-game. And yes I'm excited to play as myself (going to be a Gunner).
10. Robin. I've played Awakening and didn't really enjoyed it but at least it brought us a magic-user Fire Emblem character. Not much to say about him, his gimmick seems interesting but I don't know if I'm going to like him/her much.
11. Greninja. Yeah he kinda looks badass and has a goofy way of playing for some reason to me. His moveset his OK, only the Substitute really impressed me though. Final Smash sucks.
12. Rosalina & Luma. They did find a very interesting way to bring that useless Rosalina in the battle, I'll give 'em that. A puppet character was missing from Smash Bros. so I'm OK with her being in, even though I think Paper Mario should've had priority.
13. Palutena. Sure a no-brainer but, I dunno. Thanks to Sakurai's bias she got more custom moves out of all the characters in the roster, and not a single one really stook out to me. I like her as a character, but she surely seems pretty boring as a fighter. It's weird that the two characters from one of my favorite games on 3DS (Uprising) are also the two characters of which I'm less excited about out of the whole game.
14/15 (tie). Lucina and Dark Pit. Disappointing, useless, boring reskins of other characters. Don't know how they can be over any of the characters listed above. Dark Pit is straight up a palette swap, they even call him Black Pit in Japan LOL. Yeah some of his moves seem different but come on. Even Dr. Mario is more unique. I seriously can't tell Pit and Black Pit apart from the footage I've seen. Lucina is straight up ugly in the WiiU version, I mean you can seriously tell she was a quick +1. I thought the good part about having her was that Masked Marth would've been playable, but nope not even that. Pathetic. They will be both quickly forgotten when Smash 5 comes out and they will be cut.
Newcomers from best to worst:
1. Dark Pit; this does not require an explanation, clearly he is the best. No exceptions.
2. Dr. Mario is the Melee veteran that deserved to return over Mewtwo.
3. Lucina might not offer anything aside from her gender, but she was a great choice.
4. Who cares about anyone not on the top three?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's ok, I already got over it because of hype in the game and that we got a stage.

I might do a general series talk elsewhere tough. So, don't think I'm done with his series especially in this thread.

Tough, I suggest you give your final words on my thread soon because it's going to get archived Saturday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom