• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If only the rest of the shipwreck could go through them so swimmingly.

I never actually got upset, despite being led on to believe he was in fact 'confirmed' by sources/dark powers that be.

I am sad I failed as Kapitan, admittedly. Or rather I felt I could have done more.
Oh, damn... No, don't feel that way.
You may have been our "Kapitan," but, deep down, you were also one of us. Just as susceptible to the things which lead all of us on. The ever so classic "I put my pants on one leg at a time like everyone else" situation.
I wouldn't say you failed. I wouldn't say any of us failed. There's a difference between being wrong and being illogical.
The conclusions you, I, we came to... They may have been wrong in the end, but I don't think they were illogical.
Perhaps there's more you could've done... Maybe more I could've done... More we all could've done. Personally, I think I could've been significantly less cocky... But I won't say I was stupid for my conclusions, nor do I think anyone else is.

My Kapitan, our journey may have ended with no treasure. It may have been a wasted effort...
But I'll never say I regret any of it. I've made so many memories with the rest of the crew.
We've been through a lot, and it may have all been for not... The destination may not have been what we wanted, but the journey is something I will never want to forget... Something I think nobody will want to forget...
Kapitan, you've done so much for everyone. You've kept us all together. You've kept the ship from sinking entirely. You're a part of the memories that nobody will ever want to get rid of. Don't think that you have failed; the Kapitan is in charge of making sure everyone reaches the destination safe and sound, and I think you did an excellent job in that regard.
What lies at the end, however, is entirely up to fate... It's not something any of us can control.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have to give the Super Smash Bros. series a lot of credit for one thing: Every single character from the first game has had perfect attendance in every single installment. I can't think of any other fighting game series that has accomplished this as well.
Makes me so happy.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I guess this means no surprises at tomorrow's Treehouse in what Smash Bros. matters.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because making fun of Ridley fans is cool right guys!?
RIGHT!?
They have to make fun of someone because they themselves did not get the character they wanted.

"Oh boo hoo, woe is me. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit ruined this game even though they were low-effort clones that were intended to be alternates." Cry me a river.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Does anyone here know if there's some kind of team or program online which helps amateur competitive Smash players begin in the competitive Smash or general eSports community? Any kind of information someone could give me would help immensely! Thanks in advance~

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
So....the new roster looks nice.

No Ridley,I see.
I wonder how that's doing to supporters.
Last I checked, some of them threw a big hissy fit about it and a few took to calling Sakurai nasty names before the mods stepped in and locked the thread.

I wish I was joking about that!

A few also took the opportunity to (justifiably?) rub the salt into the gaping wound. In any case, the Ridley 4 smash phenomena we've been seeing since Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U was first officially announced at E3 2013 has now come to a close and for those of us who got sick of seeing RIDLEY CONFIRMED everywhere we went on the forums as well as other places on the internet where people were discussing smash 4 can now let out a big sigh of relief knowing that we won't have to deal with that nonsense for hopefully another 6-7 years. ;)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So guys. I have a question.

Which game do you think has the best list of newcomers? Melee, Brawl, or Wii U/3DS?

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I guess I'll throw this in too.
Pros
Dr. Mario (sue me)
Mii Fighters (sue me again)
Lucina (sue me again again)
Koopa Clown Ca-Imean Bowser Jr (ESPECIALLY LEMMY, #TEAMLEMMY)
Duck Hunt Doge (Especially the Dalmatian color, Dalmatians are my favorite breed of Dog)
Toon Link returns
Alph Alt. Costume (sue me again again again)
Villager
All the other newcomers
R.O.B. returns (sue me again again again again)
Jigglypuff returns (sue me again again again again again)

Pictochat Returns
Magicent (I know 0% about Earthbound/Mother, but I like it.)
F-Zero Stage
Final Destination Stages

Smash Run
For Fun/For Glory (FF Team Smash included)
Accessing All Star right off the bat (Plus Multiplayer All Star)

Master Core

Cons

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
They have to make fun of someone because they themselves did not get the character they wanted.

"Oh boo hoo, woe is me. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit ruined this game even though they were low-effort clones that were intended to be alternates." Cry me a river.
I got Palutena and Little Mac and also I'm happy to see Takamaru as an AT; still I can't help but laugh at Ridley fanboys

Morbi

Scavenger
Last I checked, some of them threw a big hissy fit about it and a few took to calling Sakurai nasty names before the mods stepped in and locked the thread.

I wish I was joking about that!

A few also took the opportunity to (justifiably?) rub the salt into the gaping wound. In any case, the Ridley 4 smash phenomena we've been seeing since Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U was first officially announced at E3 2013 has now come to a close and for those of us who got sick of seeing RIDLEY CONFIRMED everywhere we went on the forums as well as other places on the internet where people were discussing smash 4 can now let out a big sigh of relief knowing that we won't have to deal with that nonsense for hopefully another 6-7 years. ;)
Six to seven years is not long enough, I wanted Ridley in the game; however, the "Ridley Phenomena" was really annoying.

D

Deleted member

Though really they're already disappointed enough. You guys don't need to aggravate it by acting like assholes, it's just going to make the situation worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Wow Morbid.

I've had you pinned as a bit of a cynic, but I never thought you could be such a *****. -.o'

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So I guess I'll throw this in too.
Magicent (I know 0% about Earthbound/Mother, but I like it.)
Earthbound's available on Wii U VC for a small price. Recommended. ;)

You'll have to emulate Mother and Mother 3 if you want to play them.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631

I hear Dark Pit is completely different from Pit. Then again, I've also heard he's just Brawl Pit. TBH I never really supported Ridley until I saw the crazy amount of fans in support of him, and frankly I want him to be in now just because of how bad everyone else does. That said, I'll still be over the moon about this game even if the Big 3 get bullied by Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina in a cutscene.

Morbi

Scavenger
I got Palutena and Little Mac and also I'm happy to see Takamaru as an AT; still I can't help but laugh at Ridley fanboys
I was just generalizing; typically people are more aggressive if they are aggravated. Tips and tricks, subscribe.

There are other circumstances involved, of course.

Wow Morbid.

I've had you pinned as a bit of a cynic, but I never thought you could be such a *****. -.o'
Do you hate Dark Pit and Dr. Mario?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anyone have a video showing Doc's Final Smash and maybe his Entry Animation?
I NEED TO SEE IT

D

Deleted member

So guys. I have a question.

Which game do you think has the best list of newcomers? Melee, Brawl, or Wii U/3DS?
I think Melee had the best in terms of the roster being doubled and having classic characters like Zelda, Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, etc. But I think WiiU/3DS has the most interesting characters in that they're really unique and/or unexpected (Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Rosalina, Mega Man).

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Any chance of a release date? Or demo release date?

I think Melee had the best in terms of the roster being doubled and having classic characters like Zelda, Bowser, Peach, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, etc. But I think WiiU/3DS has the most interesting characters in that they're really unique and/or unexpected (Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Rosalina, Mega Man).
Indeed. That is the only thing I look forward to regarding the Treehouse. The international demo release date, please and thank you.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll admit, I mostly yelled there out of anger (salt, if you will). It's just when you hear Ridley confirmed and seeing him brought up in each and every topic we get into you get tired of it. I'll admit, any time I saw Ridley in anything (jokes, topic, etc.) I cringed. You would get called an idiot for saying you don't care about Ridley. It was like a dead horse but somehow still alive. And when he was disconfirmed, just hearing everyone call Nintendo (and possibly the "haters") very disproportionate and uncalled for words. One can't help but snap.

Now, that's far from a justification. I, like many, could have worded our posts better. And if needed bring it to a place where it wouldn't have caused as much hate (especially with how unstable said Ridley thread thread was). But that's how I feel about the situation. Detractors should have been a bit more respectable. And the supporters could have been a little less entitled.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

u wot m8?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Do you hate Dark Pit and Dr. Mario?
Not at all. You know I wanted Dark Pit and since Dr. Mario is basically Melee Mario, I'm sorta cool with him.

Game wise, as I said, my issue is the timing versus the content itself.

Hey, it's not your fault. Don't worry. None of us were really ever sure.

But you know? I'll be honest. As much as I know I shouldn't be, I am legit mad at this right now. In the words of a reviewer who I highly respect, "The ending is always paramount". For this to be the last thing we come across or that we would unlock upon getting the game? Horribly disappointing. If these had been revealed earlier on and some of the other Newcomers and Veterans were the unrevealed unlockables instead, I'd be cool with it. But this set with this timing? Had I already gotten the game and found all of this out, I'd have honestly felt kind of ripped off.

As dumb as it may sound, and I know it does to some, the timing of all of this is what really bothers me versus the content itself. It's a major letdown. If this is seriously what I'm supposed to be hyped for and looking forward to, I don't know if I really even want it anymore.

This is precisely why I wanted to know everything ahead of time from the start. Now I know what I'm getting into and no matter what I pick, I have no one to blame but myself...And maybe Sakurai for his terrible taste, but that's subjective as not all will agree.

...However, if it turns out that he did some nonsense to where the 3DS and Wii U versions have entirely different unlockables and you have to get both games and sync them together in other to have the full roster on both, I don't know if I'll be absolutely delighted for the other characters being in or absolutely furious for Ninty pulling such a **** marketing mood. That kind of **** only works with Pokemon. It shouldn't be done with anything else.

*sigh* But...at the end of the day, they are a business and as such:

So, such is life, eh?
But in regards to you, my problem is just your attitude and behavior about all of this. I expected better than this but, maybe I expected a bit too much.

I get that you're happy with the result and that's cool, but you and many others are, or should be, perfectly capable of expressing said feelings while letting those who are a little less than satisfied express theirs without being such a smug **** about it.

I'm not quite sure what I was really thinking or expecting myself but, I'd say as a friend, you're the biggest disappointment for me today. Seriously, step off, will you?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'll admit, I mostly yelled there out of anger (salt, if you will). It's just when you hear Ridley confirmed and seeing him brought up in each and every topic we get into you get tired of it. I'll admit, any time I saw Ridley in anything (jokes, topic, etc.) I cringed. You would get called an idiot for saying you don't care about Ridley . It was like a dead horse but somehow still alive. And when he was disconfirmed, just hearing everyone call Nintendo (and possibly the "haters") very disproportionate and uncalled for words. One can't help but snap.

Now, that's far from a justification. I, like many, could have worded our posts better. And if needed bring it to a place where it wouldn't have caused as much hate (especially with how unstable said Ridley thread thread was). But that's how I feel about the situation. Detractors should have been a bit more respectable. And the supporters could have been a little less entitled.
Or everyone could just mind their own business. That would be too easy though. I do not enjoy the prospect of Chorus Men in the slightest, guess how many times I visited that thread. Guess how many times I posted.

Zero

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
... It surely doesn't feels funny when I'm the one salt rubbed
I'm sorry. :( I'll miss them as well.

I'll admit, I mostly yelled there out of anger (salt, if you will). It's just when you hear Ridley confirmed and seeing him brought up in each and every topic we get into you get tired of it. I'll admit, any time I saw Ridley in anything (jokes, topic, etc.) I cringed. You would get called an idiot for saying you don't care about Ridley . It was like a dead horse but somehow still alive. And when he was disconfirmed, just hearing everyone call Nintendo (and possibly the "haters") very disproportionate and uncalled for words. One can't help but snap.

Now, that's far from a justification. I, like many, could have worded our posts better. And if needed bring it to a place where it wouldn't have caused as much hate (especially with how unstable said Ridley thread thread was). But that's how I feel about the situation. Detractors could have been a bit more respectable. And the supporters could have been a little less entitled.
Ridley will, as long as he is not playable, always cause a snowball effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom