• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost, I love you bro, but I gotta get this out there for the public. Ready? Okay.

*takes a deep breath.*

I say nay to ****ing Dark Pit. Sorry, dude.

Smooth Criminal
:c

Nah, it's okay. :shades:

I admit I actually feel a bit conflicted with this roster. Lucas was actually one of my favorite characters to play as in Brawl, same for Wolf. I also held a bit of hope for Mewtwo's return.

But then, there's amazing newcomers. My favorite is Robin, by far.

(I wouldn't have minded Dark Pit as an alt, like Alph and the Koopalings, to be honest...)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
:c

Nah, it's okay. :shades:

I admit I actually feel a bit conflicted with this roster. Lucas was actually one of my favorite characters to play as in Brawl, same for Wolf. I also held a bit of hope for Mewtwo's return.

But then, there's amazing newcomers. My favorite is Robin, by far.

(I wouldn't have minded Dark Pit as an alt, like Alph and the Koopalings, to be honest...)
Has anyone figured out what the difference is between Pit and Dark Pit, in terms of movesets, FS or stats?

If the difference turns out to be minimal, then that means he's...

Literally a clone. :O

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Has anyone figured out what the difference is between Pit and Dark Pit, in terms of movesets, FS or stats?

The differences are likely very subtle. He's like Lucina in that regard.

It's what happens when alts get upgraded to playable characters at the last minute.

The differences will eventually be detailed by Sakurai.

Soul.

The Reset Bomb Forest
Rainbow Road
Corneria
Pictochat
Pacman Stage
Should be legal as well. I also think we should consider not banning walk offs.
Maybe. They could be legal, but I really don't know.
Does the Doc still have his semi-spike BAir and non-meteor smash FAir?
Poor Mario. He's now inferior to the Doc. At least both will have combo potential.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well I just went through all 5 stages of depression in the span of like an hour.
This is an awesome roster.
If only the rest of the shipwreck could go through them so swimmingly.

I never actually got upset, despite being led on to believe he was in fact 'confirmed' by sources/dark powers that be.

I am sad I failed as Kapitan, admittedly. Or rather I felt I could have done more.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Dark pit has brawl pit specials, I think.

They talked about it in gamexplain's newest discussion.

he has the shield down B and the wheel of death side B

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still, it's good to see speculation ending now. It's been a long run (3 years) guys.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I would assume something similar to Dr. Mario. Being slower but more powerful.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I don't know. He doesn't really have any evidence to back that up.
Well that would be a let down if it's true
Not until they even announce DLC.
Which probably won't happen until the Wii U version is out.
Yep lets just hope it's true cause if not smash feels half if not
"Old and crappy"? It isn't about that.
It's the fact he was the single most requested character for this game, Game Freak had been really pushing him last year, and Sakurai directly addressed him, and he still wasn't included.

I don't like Mewtwo, but that's sheer stupidity on Sakurai's part.
I have to agree mewtwo was a heavy show off for pokmeon x just as much as greninja , lucario it makes since to see him back yet he's denied a return again with only have to looking forward to is a dog with a duck on his back , mario alt , and brawl pit (dark pit) it feels kinda insulting to me

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that after Sakurai said 50 times that the games would have the same roster, there are still people who think otherwise.
Personally, I'm completely happy with this final roster. I can't wait to see the custom moves/alts/possible wii u exclusive modes.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I can't believe how much things have changed since that e3 demo. Less landing lag the game seems pretty fast. Good roster no ridley and combos. If it had dash dancing and jump momentum it would be even better.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
In an alternate universe...

"We considered adding Dark Pit, but then we realized that in Kid Icarus Uprising, he plays identically to Pit. I then considered giving him a unique moveset, but then I realized he is just another angel with a bow of central European origin, and adding him would look like bias on my part. We then decided that it would be easier- and preferable, if we brought back Lucas and Wolf from the previous instalment instead."

If I only I lived in said universe. :(

If you can't tell already, I take back what I said about Dark Pit, he can die in da fiyah along with Dr. Mario.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman

I never actually got upset, despite being led on to believe he was in fact 'confirmed' by sources/dark powers that be.

I am sad I failed as Kapitan, admittedly. Or rather I felt I could have done more.
I'm just personally confused.
A lot of the parts about Smash 4 marketing just feel iffy to me. If the 3DS roster does end up the same for the WiiU version with no modifications, I won't help myself from wondering the thought process of Sakurai and Nintendo sometimes yes I'm talking about Ridley p-please don't bully.
Well, I know it's my bias talking, but I'd like to see Sakurai talk about the development of the game so I can understand the man better. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy Megaman and G&W, I guess.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Does anyone have most-if-not-all of Doc's Moveset/Animations as GIFs ready to go?
I really wanna see his Entrance Animation and his Final Smash, plus his Moveset.
(And maybe his Victory poses)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Hey, it's not your fault. Don't worry. None of us were really ever sure.

But you know? I'll be honest. As much as I know I shouldn't be, I am legit mad at this right now. In the words of a reviewer who I highly respect, "The ending is always paramount". For this to be the last thing we come across or that we would unlock upon getting the game? Horribly disappointing. If these had been revealed earlier on and some of the other Newcomers and Veterans were the unrevealed unlockables instead, I'd be cool with it. But this set with this timing? Had I already gotten the game and found all of this out, I'd have honestly felt kind of ripped off.

As dumb as it may sound, and I know it does to some, the timing of all of this is what really bothers me versus the content itself. It's a major letdown. If this is seriously what I'm supposed to be hyped for and looking forward to, I don't know if I really even want it anymore.

This is precisely why I wanted to know everything ahead of time from the start. Now I know what I'm getting into and no matter what I pick, I have no one to blame but myself...And maybe Sakurai for his terrible taste, but that's subjective as not all will agree.

...However, if it turns out that he did some nonsense to where the 3DS and Wii U versions have entirely different unlockables and you have to get both games and sync them together in other to have the full roster on both, I don't know if I'll be absolutely delighted for the other characters being in or absolutely furious for Ninty pulling such a **** marketing mood. That kind of **** only works with Pokemon. It shouldn't be done with anything else.

*sigh* But...at the end of the day, they are a business and as such:

So, such is life, eh?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Here are my final thoughts about the roster

Pros
Palutena
Lucina
Duck Hunt
Bowser Jr
Shulk
Ike, Lucario, Sonic, Yoshi, and Falco return
Zero Suit Samus is better than ever
They at least kept Charizard
Gender options for Robin and Wii Fit Trainer
Rayman, Waluigi, Chorus Men, and Geno are not playable
We got a lot of ladies

Cons
Mewtwo's not coming back
Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers are gone
Dr. Mario isn't my style
Dark Pit could've been what Pit was in Brawl
Meta Knight was just copied over against fan will
Could've used more StarFox and Zelda characters
Pac Man doesn't look very impressive, but I'm still glad he made it in
Yoshi and Captain Falcon should've been revealed far earlier than that
Third Party Characters are defaults
Gematsu's supplier just HAD to assume that the Chorus Men were in just because of the RH enemy in Smash Run
Not enough villains

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Cut Characters from Brawl:

Snake (obvious choice as Hideo Kojima hasn't contacted Sakurai yet again asking for his inclusion and he already got his wish with Brawl)

Squirtle (Greninja's presence more or less deconfirmed him for quite a while)

Ivysaur (was 50-50, but Pokémon Trainer's absence was a nail in the coffin for her)

Lucas (Mother 3 while a good game is still kinda cult followingish as not many have actually played it and Ness has more staying power being one of the original 12)

Wolf (Fox and Falco have more prominence in the series I guess?)

How interesting. Melee had 5 cut characters going into Brawl and now from Brawl to 4, we again have 5 cut characters from the previous game.

In addition to that, the beloved Ice Climbers who debuted in Melee and returned to Brawl are now gone! Funny how Rosalina and Luma and the Duck Hunt Dog are basically two characters for the price of one, yet the Ice Climbers CAN'T be in the game due to "problems making them load/work". They would have been a welcome surprise as the 50th and final character to be added to the roster.

That said, Was SEVEN Mario reps really necessary? Dr. Mario is a character I've played the mess out of in Melee, but he could have just as easily been an alt costume for Mario ala Project M

Dark Pit doesn't seem to do much that Pit doesn't already do. Guess that staff is just for show unless it is his Final Smash or something.

Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog at least bring something new to the table

Ness, JigglyPuff, Falco, Ganondorf, and Wario were all expected returns. R.O.B comes as a bit of a surprise.

At this point, waiting on a character who will either never be part of the roster (Ridley) or will most likely not be coming back (MewTwo) is just silly imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom