• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Yep, yep, that's whenever a Smash Game releases for you.

And I'm just like we learned all of this like a month ago.

I feel good about this roster. I just wonder how the Wii U version will get hype.... I mean, almost all of us will get both anyway.. But what will the Wii U do to convince casuals to get both? I really wonder because the 3DS version gets character hype... Now what's left....
Having the next instalment of an incredibly popular party game in your living room? Also it looks pretty. I don't imagine casuals usually care about character hype to begun with.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've already stated multiple times that I got the characters I wanted so the final roster didn't really matter to me, but I'm actually rather pleased. DHD looks fun, my Melee main is back, Bowser Jr. looks great and I love the koopaling alts, and Wario looks a bit more like Wario this time around. I'm only disappointed with Dark Pit, but I'll get over it eventually.

OH YEAH AND MAGICANT AND FIX YOUR SPOILER TAG
So the leaked roster from last month really was all the other new characters. The dip**** just forgot to get the Mii Fighters so All-Star was still incomplete. At least that's cleared up.

Excuse me while I get all of my things.

I swear, I almost think that was intentional on the leaker's part. I more mad at him than anything. What a moron. He had ONE JOB.

*sigh*...Oh well. So we've got our final roster. Personally, while I expected it, I'm still a bit disappointed and even disgusted. ROB is probably the main reason why, if not the only one.

But I'll get over it. I was really hopeful for Mewtwo and even Ridley, moreso due to recent events, but I already made my peace ahead of time at the idea of them not making it, so I'll deal. Especially since literally everyone else I strongly wanted showed up...Well, save for one.

How does everybody else feel?
Fixed. Someone really needs to fix that bug where the [/spoiler] becomes part of a link you try to post or something.

That or Smashboards could do away with ti's dumb as hell censor rules, but that's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'll use @ Rebellious Treecko Rebellious Treecko idea:

Some things I like, character and stage wise.

More palette swaps, some being new costumes. I wasn't fond of Lucina, but her having all Awakening-based alts made me like her inclusion.
Mother****ing Bowser Jr!
Palutena!
Duck Hunt (Dog)!
Little Mac!
Pac Man!
Shulk!
Robin!

Mother 1 Magicant stage
Game Boy stage

Things I don't like:

No Ice Climbers returning
Ness having his Brawl victory theme
No new Kirby stage
No new DK stage
Dr. Mario returning and Dark Pit being new (I'll accept this over time, though)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wonder if Sakurai might elaborate in an interview as to why he didn't include the biggest fan requested characters as playable. The same way he explained why Chrom wasn't a playable character back in july.

Soul.

I am honestly glad speculation is over. Now, we can finally get into the gameplay and stuff.
I really don't care if the 3DS version has scrolling stages. It has enough legal stages.
- Arena Ferox
- Battlefield
- Final Destination (And the FD forms of the other stages...I don't know if they'll be legal.)
- Prism Tower
- Tortimer Island (I can see this being legal).
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, first, going to give impression from just the roster ITSELF and tell another perpective on what would happen next because... you'll see later in this post.

The roster itself is pretty good tbh. Not only my main is there and I like his design, but Pacman may be my new second main now. Maybe megaman, but not sure.

I really am fine with everyone else and there's some characters I like without caring too much like JR, duck hunt, maybe shulk and greninja. I'm curious how they play hand on and if I like them.

As for clones, no complains EXCEPT Ganondorf. I didn't get it in brawl so I still don't get it. Seems to be cursed because of its past.

Now, sorry, but there's several problems I need answers to tell that it wasn't a "trick".

I saw a theory some time ago that seemed to make sense and it was about basically,

3DS having an X roster on release.
WiiU having a Y roster on release.

X WOULD NOT be equal to Y on release.

But, what they would do is after the WiiU release, x will receive the missing from Y and Y will receive missing from X all done via free DLC.

I was really sceptical, but now, I now take this a very considerable possibility.

Hear me out because I will only tell it once and it will not change: There's NO, and I mean NO way Ridley would NOT get a proper deconfirmation before final roster. I'm dead serious, he's [deconfirmed] NOW because he wasn't in the roster that is said to be the full one, but doesn't tell if it includes DLC or not. We have so far not seem a trophy of him...that's a huge problem because it's 99% impossible to not be in the game at any role. There's a metroid stage on 3ds do you really think an hazard on pyrosphere is ALL he have?

Trophies. Even assist works, but now, we have no mention of him whatsoever and if we don't see one after days, sorry, but speculation is only done FOR NOW and so, it might REVIVE abrutly without warning.

That is the only reason I claim this. I'm of course done with any speculation, but it's only FOR NOW. In fact, I'm almost sure something else is hidden, but even then, it's just personal theory so take it as you will.

Still, it doesn't change my hype on the game. If however the teqase was done for boss, then, I'll take it, but from now, I'm going to seriously question the reason behind such planning. I really don't get it and I legitimetly tried before if it would happen.

Stages: I still want to know about Paper Mario music, but the stage roster is awesome. I might even say
with fzero, Paper Mario, gameboy kirby and freaking magicant. I really love magicant with how much reference from that game is present. That game is pure art and so, it's so awesome to see it repped like this. Great tribute for earthbound fans.

Not really mad about cuts honestly.

So, really hyped for the game, but I can't believe it would be the ABSOLUTE end. I just have way too much questions on Ridley that I don't even believe I haven't gotten answers now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wonder if Sakurai might elaborate in an interview as to why he didn't include the biggest fan requested characters as playable. The same way he explained why Chrom wasn't a playable character back in july.
Just watch. He says he did not include Ridley because of his size. Because irony is a dish best served cold.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"I considered adding Ridley, but he seemed like just another giant terrifying lizard, and we already have Bowser and Charizard."

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'll use @ Rebellious Treecko Rebellious Treecko idea:

Some things I like, character and stage wise.

More palette swaps, some being new costumes. I wasn't fond of Lucina, but her having all Awakening-based alts made me like her inclusion.
Mother****ing Bowser Jr!
Palutena!
Duck Hunt (Dog)!
Little Mac!
Pac Man!
Shulk!
Robin!

Mother 1 Magicant stage
Game Boy stage

Things I don't like:

No Ice Climbers returning
Ness having his Brawl victory theme
No new Kirby stage
No new DK stage
Dr. Mario returning and Dark Pit being new (I'll accept this over time, though)
We do have a new Kirby stage.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well it appears I missed the hour speculation ended, along with the butt hurt that came with it.

Anyway I'll say the roster is pretty good, some great characters, some very wanted ones (little Mac, palutena, freaking mega man) and a lot of balancing also seemed to be in place (wonder how long that will last)
Though it was at cost of some memorial veterans, lucas and wolf the well respected and hoped pseudo clones, snake a loveable third party, and ice climbers from the melee days.
We got some lovable and most likely well mained characters, but at an noticeable cost. Will it be worth it? Who knows were buying the game whether we like it or not, might as well enjoy all the positives

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Today was everything i thought it would be chaos & hype!

I'm happy about this roster, yeah sure there are some total lame choices (in my opinion of course) like Dark/Black Pit, but he's outweighed by nice characters like Duck Hunt Dog.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
First of all is everyone forgetting different stages confirmed for the Wii U? I know we will have Dk and Kirby then.

Second of all.
LEAKED INFORMATION ON EMOTIONAL SMASHER SALT LEVELS IN THE UPCOMING MONTHS.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dr. Mario's final smash is so hilariously lazy that it almost makes me angry. I like how they changed his personality though to match that of a stereotypical doctor. It's kind of funny seeing Mario that way.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I got what I wanted, but everyone else...
Ugh. At least it's better than Melee.
I didn't get all what i wanted

Despite the fact that I've never finish Earthbound, I still love the stage, its music, the aesthetics, the design, EVERYTHING. It's ONE OF my new fav. stages.
Final destination, N;s castle, and Guar Plains are the other ones.
Magicant is from Mother 1 i'm also hoping ninten is a alt for ness

I hope so i want someone to also put mewtwos face on chroms "i guess i'll get my chance someday..." gif or pic please poor mewtwo....

Last edited:

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
I am bathing in the tears and listening to the cries of Ridley fans from all over. I also find it hilarious that Sakurai chose Dr. Mario over Mewtwo. Sure, this sounds dickish, but it is kinda funny and messed up at the same time.

Ness's PK Thunder KO's now! He also seems like he has a lot less lag too. This makes me happy.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
But the polar bear...
But the two game rule...

But the fan translation...

But the new Star Fox...

But the new Mega evos...

But the 3DS port...

But the other new Mega evos...
But the fact that importing him from Melee would be relatively easy... (they'd have complete access to Melee's code, unlike PM)

But the fact that he's the main villain...
But the fact that his franchise only has 1 1/2 characters...

But the fact that he plays exactly the same as his original in his own game and is a literal clone.. (so are Snack and Mewtwo but wth)
But the obvious franchise bias on Sakurai's part...

But alternate costumes and custom moves...
But the fact that his last game starred his brother...

:(

I really believe in quality over quantity, and that Brawl's roster is much better than this.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
First of all is everyone forgetting different stages confirmed for the Wii U? I know we will have Dk and Kirby then.

Second of all.
LEAKED INFORMATION ON EMOTIONAL SMASHER SALT LEVELS IN THE UPCOMING MONTHS.
Take my feels towards my thread after leak, that was me.

ESPECIALLY the depression part. I actually got out and still hoped before the deconfirmation, but this time, I could take it.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Dr.Mario plays better than Mewtwo anyway.

Everyone wants Mewtwo but his play status in Melee is so low. So I'm alright either way.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Also, all of you people who are constantly ****ting on all the fans of characters that didn't get in:
Stop.
This sort of quasi-flaming should not be allowed, and frankly, it makes you look a major ass.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am honestly glad speculation is over. Now, we can finally get into the gameplay and stuff.
I really don't care if the 3DS version has scrolling stages. It has enough legal stages.
- Arena Ferox
- Battlefield
- Final Destination (And the FD forms of the other stages...I don't know if they'll be legal.)
- Prism Tower
- Tortimer Island (I can see this being legal).
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
The Reset Bomb Forest
Rainbow Road
Corneria
Pictochat
Pacman Stage
Should be legal as well. I also think we should consider not banning walk offs.

R0Y

Smash Master
Anyone else fascinated by this kind of thing?

Mmmm, I want to see Smash U rolling off the assembly line. Though we almost certainly won't see it, it will have to be happening soon behind closed doors at any rate if they want to make Black Friday.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the roster could be better. I'm saddened by the exclusion of Mewtwo and Ice Climbers.

But I got Robin. I got Palutena. I got Mega Man. I got Pac-Man. I got Little Mac. I got Greninja. I got Duck Hunt Dog.

Personally I think it's a great roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom