• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Loss 2 reps one being a villan
Only villans are the two from the last two games (Kirpy reps dont count!!!)
One of them is still a clone.
Alt costumes took up roster space (if you dont think so then GTFO)
No real Alt comstumes for a lot of characters (Project M wooped Sakurai's ass in that department)
Little mac is the only new character that got in through Western fanbase (everyone wanted MegaMan btw) rest are commercial or Japanese biase towards anime cliche lookin swordusers

This game loss hard and you sheep know it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
No real Alt comstumes for a lot of characters (Project M wooped Sakurai's *** in that department)
Little mac is the only new character that got in through Western fanbase (everyone wanted MegaMan btw) rest are commercial or Japanese biase towards anime cliche lookin swordusers

Stop being butthurt.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Memories of January of 2008 flow through my head.

Fans complained about no Ridley and no Mewtwo. Fans called Sakurai biased for adding Wolf and Lucas because the Star Fox and Mother series were irrelevant.

It's just a repeat of past events. Nothing more, nothing less.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, looks like this is the second game in a row where Ness is my only main to return. Not going to stop me from buying the game, but I'm hoping for DLC now whereas I would have never agreed to it before. This time, Mewtwo, Lucas, Pichu, and Pokemon Trainer as a unit didn't make it back. :/

At least there's a lot of cool easter eggs in Magicant.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, any final words?
Overall, the roster is pretty good. A few personal choices aside. I feel in terms of movesets, we've got plenty of characters that are far too unique to pass up. With the likes of Mega Man his Keep Away, Little Mac's Boxing, Shulk changing his Stats and Rosalina being able to control Luma from a distance. While others like Robin and Bowser Jr just look insanely fun even without having those qualities to the same degree.

This is why, even with clones in this game, Smash 4 still has the most impactful newcomers yet.

Though I think the Wii-U version might have better stages. I feel like the 3DS version has too many scrolling ones for my linking.

Now I'm just looking forward to the other Special Move variants. And I hope the online doesn't lag to the abyss like Brawl's does.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though, at the end of the day, I only have one question.
How on Earth does one unlock the characters? I want to unlock Dr. Mario as fast as I can.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
I guess the surprisingly long load times are because of the larger cartridge size. The game is about 2.1 GB, so it has to use a 4GB card. If it's anything like DS those cards are slower.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Hey, I was right! The All-Star picture does get updated!
Where were you when @ RamOne RamOne was right for the first time in his life?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
50 characters not bad rai only 4 i dislike in that roster but i won't whine dissapointed on no mewtwo but atleast i get Rosalina,Pecah ,Rockman,Ness and Bowser Jr [Sorta]

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This is the final roster? Pretty sad at no Mewtwo...

Magicant looks amazing, though.

What a great day for smash pretty great roster and no ridley i'm happy. Ridley fans take that eternal L and have dat seat.
Modz plz

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
No real Alt comstumes for a lot of characters (Project M wooped Sakurai's *** in that department)

Stop your whining, mate. It's pissing me off. Fine, don't buy the game. But please don't share your rants with us. Snake is not in the game. I don't talk **** about Sakurai despite Snake being one of my favorite video game characters of all time. You can call me pig but NEVER call me sheep.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So the leaked roster from last month really was all the other new characters. The dip**** just forgot to get the Mii Fighters so All-Star was still incomplete. At least that's cleared up.

Excuse me while I get all of my things.

I swear, I almost think that was intentional on the leaker's part. I more mad at him than anything. What a moron. He had ONE JOB.

*sigh*...Oh well. So we've got our final roster. Personally, while I expected it, I'm still a bit disappointed and even disgusted. ROB is probably the main reason why, if not the only one.

But I'll get over it. I was really hopeful for Mewtwo and even Ridley, moreso due to recent events, but I already made my peace ahead of time at the idea of them not making it, so I'll deal. Especially since literally everyone else I strongly wanted showed up...Well, save for one.

How does everybody else feel?

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Despite the fact that I've never finish Earthbound, I still love the stage, its music, the aesthetics, the design, EVERYTHING. It's ONE OF my new fav. stages.
Final destination, N;s castle, and Guar Plains are the other ones.
Can we just take a minute to appreciate Magicant? Best fan service stage in a long time.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So the leaked roster from last month really was all the other new characters. The dip**** just forgot to get the Mii Fighters so All-Star was still incomplete. At least that's cleared up.

http://i.imgur.com/YwKGO7d.png[/spoiler]

I swear, I almost think that was intentional on the leaker's part. I more mad at him than anything. What a moron. He had ONE JOB.

*sigh*...Oh well. So we've got our final roster. Personally, while I expected it, I'm still a bit disappointed and even disgusted. ROB is probably the main reason why, if not the only one.

But I'll get over it. I was really hopeful for Mewtwo and even Ridley, moreso due to recent events, but I already made my peace ahead of time at the idea of them not making it, so I'll deal. Especially since literally everyone else I strongly wanted showed up...Well, save for one.

A little less incensed

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I feel good about this roster. I just wonder how the Wii U version will get hype.... I mean, almost all of us will get both anyway.. But what will the Wii U do to convince casuals to get both? I really wonder because the 3DS version gets character hype... Now what's left....

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Though, at the end of the day, I only have one question.
How on Earth does one unlock the characters? I want to unlock Dr. Mario as fast as I can.
Play classic on 7.0 with bowser and defeat Master Core without continues for Bowser Jr.
Play classic as Mario for Dr. Mario.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I feel good about this roster. I just wonder how the Wii U version will get hype.... I mean, almost all of us will get both anyway.. But what will the Wii U do to convince casuals to get both? I really wonder because the 3DS version gets character hype... Now what's left....
Ridley being a boss. :troll:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Memories of January of 2008 flow through my head.

Fans complained about no Ridley and no Mewtwo. Fans called Sakurai biased for adding Wolf and Lucas because the Star Fox and Mother series were irrelevant.

It's just a repeat of past events. Nothing more, nothing less.
No kidding, it's the ultimate deja vu. So much like 2008 that I feel that I should be going to work at Wal-Mart again. :awesome:

At this point there is little for me to say. My stake is the roster was always very wishy-washy to begin with. I've never held the actual complete roster in regards to whether I was going to buy the game or not. Even if none of my character had gotten in nothing would have changed for me. Unlike Brawl where I got very few characters I liked, this time I got six characters I was clamoring for. It's a very odd feeling to say the least.

I'm an oddly satisfied with the results even if I wished there had been more. I understand that it not that simple for others and it's going to take some time before that anger dies down like it did in Brawl.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Some things I like, character and stage wise.

More palette swaps, some being new costumes.
Duck Hunt (Dog)
Little Mac!
Megaman!
Shulk!
Robin!
Palutena!
Greninja!
Shulk!
Miis!
GRENINJA!!!
SHULK!!!

More Mario characters
A Melee character returning

N's Castle stage
Mother 1 Magicant stage
Rainbow Road stage

Things I don't like:

No Mewtwo returning
No Ice Climbers returning
No Snake returning
No Ridley
No Toad, despite more Mario fighters

No major classic Kid Icarus content (from the first game or Myths and Monsters) so far
No new DK and Metroid stages
No past stages from SSB64

-----

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I like the fact the one leaked roster wich happended to be real was the worst roster and revealed on the same day as the Staged Inside Job Day. Never forget. :troll:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well, for starters, the 3DS version appears to lack both Event Mode and Stage Creator, so it seems those two will be Wii U exclusive.

There will likely be some kind of Adventure Mode as well, to counterbalance Smash Run. I expect Classic and All-Star Modes to work roughly similar to how they do in the 3DS version.

Furthermore, I could see more options in the Stadium. Character-unique Target Tests (and even Board the Platforms) in addition to Home Run and Multi-Man Modes.

And there's also the HD appeal, the greater music selection and quality, and likely other small things.

I imagine that, now that the 3DS version is soon to launch, Sakurai will begin focusing on promoting the Wii U's features over the next two months.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361

Stay :shaker: and leave.
No one will miss you.

D

Deleted member

http://i.imgur.com/YwKGO7d.png[/spoiler]

I've already stated multiple times that I got the characters I wanted so the final roster didn't really matter to me, but I'm actually rather pleased. DHD looks fun, my Melee main is back, Bowser Jr. looks great and I love the koopaling alts, and Wario looks a bit more like Wario this time around. I'm only disappointed with Dark Pit, but I'll get over it eventually.

OH YEAH AND MAGICANT AND FIX YOUR SPOILER TAG

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
@ Fire Tactician Fire Tactician
What were you saying about a chrom icon and emblem?

Play classic as mario
When she unlocked the last character, she also unlocked the ability to use special icons as her "avatar" for online play. There were the typical character portraits and series emblems, but there was also a Chrom one near the bottom!

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Welp, that's the end of speculation (Unless DLC happens). Now the real wait begins. 10/03/14 will be an early christmas.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can we just take a minute to appreciate Magicant? Best fan service stage in a long time.
I hate the Mother franchise so I can't really bring myself to appreciate it in that sense.

In the sense of it being a nice looking stage, though? Sure. Makes me hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom