• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll admit. The roster is very much give and take for me. On one hand there's characters like Duck Hunt and Villager. But at what cost?

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So, R.O.B. is it, huh?

This roster sucks. While I agree that some of the characters are good, the rest of it just sucks...I hope DLC happens now.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Characters not in Smash 4:
Melee veterans:
Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy and Young Link

Brawl veterans:
Lucas, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Wolf and Snake

5 characters from each of the previous two games are not in this game.

And with this, character speculation comes to an end.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Where? Gema hasn't unlocked ROB, did the other guy did it?
Yup, in the image posted above (Rob is in CSS).

I'm thinking there's a very good chance for DLC. There's no way Ridley won't make an appearance on 3DS outside of a trophy. And Isaac being a fan-favorite, yet mysteriously hasn't made an AT appearance? No newcomers for Kirby or DK (and honestly LoZ)? Add that the Mario universe gets 3, and KI/FE universes got 2 a piece, and something doesn't feel right. Hell, DK:TF is arguably the favorite game on the Wii U. Even the global powerhouse Pokemon only received 1 addition.

I honestly feel this is Sakurai creating a roster that he can improve on and create a splash with via DLC..

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Firstly, if that leak never happened, we would have been super excited to see the four characters that weren't announced yet.

Also, I'm fairly certain more characters are in order if they expect to seell two copies of the same game.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Thank you Sakurai....
Thank you for wasting my damn time with lousy ass pics
Thank you for adding characters no one asked for
Thank you for ignoring fan requests and critisisms about gameplay
Thank you for being a biased hag and putting carbon copys while cutting unique characters
Thank you for lying about catering to the competetive community
Thank you for making an unecisarry comment about Mewtwo and not show Ridley as a boss for two years
Thank you for saving me 300+$ on a failed consule
Thank you.....

I hope you had suffered aganizing pain on your hand during development cause you are the biggest peice of **** right now. As for the haters **** you all I dont care if you delete this account. This was one of my favorite video games and yet just like everything else its ruined thanks to coperal bull****!

Im done with video games. Now if you exuces me im am going to drink and smoke until my receptors forget about this ever happening!!!

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm not one to say this often...
But this roster is worse than Brawl.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. If Snake gets in as dlc or something this roster will be perfect in my eyes. If not, then it's still amazing

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So that is the final roster eh? What were the unlock conditions for each unlockable character?

I like the final roster in all honesty. Sure there were quite a few cuts from Brawl but Skurai warned us from the beginning that not everyone would return so that should have been expected. Most of the cuts that happened at least make sense, the only one the doesn't make sense is ICs but we got DHD in the process which is better imo. all in all a pretty good and solid roster that is on par with the past rosters.

Goodbye character speculation. You shall not be missed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Thank you Sakurai....
Thank you for wasting my damn time with lousy *** pics
Thank you for being a biased hag and putting carbon copys while cutting unique characters
Thank you for making an unecisarry comment about Mewtwo and not show Ridley as a boss for two years
Thank you.....

I hope you had suffered aganizing pain on your hand during development cause you are the biggest peice of **** right now. As for the haters **** you all I dont care if you delete this account. This was one of my favorite video games and yet just like everything else its ruined thanks to coperal bull****!

Im done with video games. Now if you exuces me im am going to drink and smoke until my receptors forget about this ever happening!!!
I have a better idea. Go try to make a crossover fighting game where you have to deal with nagging fans that will mutilate you at the drop of the hat. All the while trying to make a quality game.

Go on. I dare you.

D

Deleted member

Thank you Sakurai....
Thank you.....

This was a pleasant post to wake up to.

D

Deleted member

Thank you Sakurai....
Thank you.....

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Thank you Sakurai....
Thank you.....

Don't get so angry bro, theres always next iteration for Sceptile.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
so.........thats that huh? well cant say im surprised. kinda miffed about lack of Mewtwo and Lucas, but we DID get some amazing newcomers too. the only hope left for some of us is DLC but tbh i dont expect much out of that aside from maybe some character alts

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I'll probably be sticking in this forum, since I'll probably buy both versiona anyway because of Robin, Shulk, Lucina, Mega Man, Pac Man, Koopalings... But ****. 2 franchises lost characters, 2 franchises aren't represented by characters AT ALL now, including Ice Climbers which have the polar bears popping around the place which is a massive kick in the teeth, Isaac (a very popular request as you might know) doesn't even look to be an assist trophy now and he's contradicting his statement about him "cutting down on clones."
Time to cringe every time I see one of those bears in smash run...

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So the truth has been revealed.

No Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, or Dixie...

sigh. Better hope they're working on DLC characters.

I think this is a love/hate relationship with this roster.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
This is bull crap.

There are some requested characters, but most of them are highly unrequested and just added for the sake of promotion or novelty.

While most of these look fun to play as, (Wii fit trainer/Greninja) it just feels cheap to have these over worldwide fan requested ones like King K Rool or Mewtwo.

I'm still going to play the crap out of this game though

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Still a little bummed about no Ice Climbers, but the rest of it is great. Never expected a final five anyway.
I mean, I got my number one want Bowser Jr (never expected him to make it after Rosalina), I got my number two want Palutena.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Is it possible that the Wii U will have more characters and you can get them by Free DLC on 3DS?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It sucks that a lot of people are upset. But it happens. I just want to say that we should still look forward to an awesome game. It’s not every day a game with Mario, Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man come together to fight it out. I can understand that you might miss your Brawl mains, or you were looking forward to a new character, I really do. But it’s best not to get too upset. But there are plenty of fighters to try out. So that’s something.

I’m just waiting to get this game in my 3DS and play it until my hands can’t take it. So, I’m looking forward to fighting you guys online, even if I’m that great at the game. I’m going to main Mega Man and Mario, but you likely knew that.

And maybe there’s DLC. So if there’s something you still want to look forward to, there’s that.

In other news, I haven’t gotten much sleep lately. So that sucks. It’s not Smash related, but I can sort of feel myself nodding off every once in a while.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Im Salty....

Ima goddam Saltmine!!!

Yall sniffin that **** up like coke and I hope you OD on it!!!

Enjoy ya clones and bias *** weaboo lookin characters!!!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speculation is officially over, it seems. What a journey.

I'm unhappy about Wolf and Lucas, but I believe that we will get them as DLC in due time. I didn't get my top wants, but the originality in the ones we got kind of makes up for it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been waiting three thousand years to say this....

Goodbye, Mewtwo

DLC is your last chance. Good luck.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Im Salty....

Ima goddam Saltmine!!!

Well, at least you admit the salt is real. But I would suggest calming down. No matter how awesome Smash is, it's still just a video game.

Anyway, to some of the older members, was post Brawl this bad? I do see some people taking the bad news well. So I'm a little relieved about that.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Thank you Sakurai....
Thank you.....

Cry some more

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Im Salty....

Ima goddam Saltmine!!!

Calm down, brother, or I'll have to get the hammer cracking.

(It's fine if you're salty, I totally understand, just don't post in huge text.)

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I feel sorry for Sakurai the most. The pressure he must have felt in deciding the character roster was probably terrible.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
We need to make sure there are Trophies for Bandana Dee, Ridley, Isaac, K. Rool, and so on before making a assumption.

DLC is always a possibility, and finding those trophies is important.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Honestly, the roster is pretty damn good I feel. Our problem is we all saw the leak and built up a mountain in optimism that it was an incomplete roster. We got plenty of new characters that add some significant play styles (Rosalina, Shulk, Robin, Villager, PAC-man, Palutena, Lil Mac maybe DHD/bowser jr). Each of these brings a unique element, and this should keep tier lists dynamic. Losing IC and Snake is a little rough thiuh, since they're both unique too

There were lots of great classic additions, and some hyped newer additions. My real only beef with the roster are the 3 clones. Dr Mario, I'm ok with, since his move set and traits are a degree different from mario. I was initially upset with Lucina with her being a gimped shadow of Marth. After seeing all the nice costumes, that represent a good bit of FE, I've opened up to her addition. Dark Pit though, eff that. All Sakurai is doing there is boosting KI sales. The costume variety is pretty shanty too, it could have easilly be combined into one character.

The only other complaint is a few no-brainer costumes missing. We have some gems, but a Dry Bowser, Masked Dedede, Galacta Knight, scarlet-locks Ganon, Impa for Shiek, etc.. All of these would've been huge and a good replacement from clones. Perhaps DLC?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And before I forget, I have orders to crack down on tear drinkers. Drink lightly.

Heavy drinkers WILL be prosecuted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom