• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have to give the Super Smash Bros. series a lot of credit for one thing: Every single character from the first game has had perfect attendance in every single installment. I can't think of any other fighting game series that has accomplished this as well.

Morbi

Scavenger
Cut Characters from Brawl:

Snake (obvious choice as Hideo Kojima hasn't contacted Sakurai yet again asking for his inclusion and he already got his wish with Brawl)

Squirtle (Greninja's presence more or less deconfirmed him for quite a while)

Ivysaur (was 50-50, but Pokémon Trainer's absence was a nail in the coffin for her)

Lucas (Mother 3 while a good game is still kinda cult followingish as not many have actually played it and Ness has more staying power being one of the original 12)

Wolf (Fox and Falco have more prominence in the series I guess?)

How interesting. Melee had 5 cut characters going into Brawl and now from Brawl to 4, we again have 5 cut characters from the previous game.

In addition to that, the beloved Ice Climbers who debuted in Melee and returned to Brawl are now gone! Funny how Rosalina and Luma and the Duck Hunt Dog are basically two characters for the price of one, yet the Ice Climbers CAN'T be in the game due to "problems making them load/work". They would have been a welcome surprise as the 50th and final character to be added to the roster.

That said, Was SEVEN Mario reps really necessary? Dr. Mario is a character I've played the mess out of in Melee, but he could have just as easily been an alt costume for Mario ala Project M

Dark Pit doesn't seem to do much that Pit doesn't already do. Guess that staff is just for show unless it is his Final Smash or something.

Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog at least bring something new to the table

Ness, JigglyPuff, Falco, Ganondorf, and Wario were all expected returns. R.O.B comes as a bit of a surprise.

At this point, waiting on a character who will either never be part of the roster (Ridley) or will most likely not be coming back (MewTwo) is just silly imo
Wario could have also been an alternative costume for Mario. In fact, he was already a palette swap, Dr. Mario was a playable character first. Deal with it. :shades:

Last edited:

Soul.

Lol, so, well...I know it is technically over, but is speculation now in the "finished" phase?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Returns after 3 days of college* I swear sometimes I ***** hate college. Anyway guys, what's going o- *Sees leaked videos* Well, one thing for sure, my li'l sis gonna fangirl over Dark Pit.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point, I'm just letting it sink in and take a break from the Smash discussion for a day or two. After all I don't really have a interested in reliving the first few days of the JPN in 2008 all over again. I'll let some of the outrage and anger within the community subside a bit before proceeding.

If I learned anything from the last release is that it is very hard to move forward with the characters themselves until some of it settles and is hardly worth trying to defuse people's anger and outrage because it simply does not work.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Big Dirty Review

+ Lots of creative newcomers
+ Insane fan service
+ New stages look neat
+ Updated animations all look smooth
+ The Epic Mario vs Pacman vs Mega Man vs Sonic showdown
+ More emphasis on colours and alts
+ DUCK HUNT DOG OH MY GOD

- Lots of past game stages
- Icey's ;_;
- I'm sorry Dark Pit fans... but I'm not a fan of him
- No "Hype 3"

Overall... I LOVE IT. It's not perfect, but hey, it looks awesome. Can't wait.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Eh, I never trust leaks that claim Ridley will be playable, so I don't trust that post about the four. :/

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I just realised. Sakurai STILL hasn't gave any recognition to the Wario Land series. No stage or Wario moveset changes.

Unless there's a Wii U stage based on Wario Land, that's another pinch of salt to eat.

Morbi

Scavenger
Roster review:

+ It has Dark Pit
+ It has Dr. Mario
+ It has Lucina

- Nothing; as every newcomer offers something new and diverse, their move-sets are more important than the character that they represent.
- (I lied) Can't let you do that Star Fox!

Overall, it is the best roster in Smash history and I am glad that a lot of people are disappointed.

Last edited:

Soul.

Roster review:

+ It has Dark Pit
+ It has Dr. Mario
+ It has Lucina

- Nothing; as every newcomer offers something new and diverse, their move-sets are more important than the character that they represent.
- (I lied) Can't let you do that Star Fox

Overall, it is the best roster in Smash history and I am glad that a lot of people are disappointed.
I am also very glad. :troll:

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I just got home and I saw none of the stream but can someone tell me, is there really a Banjo Kazooie looking Duck Hunt Dog costume? Banjo Kazooie is my favorite game ever!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I just wanted another DK character.

is that REALLY too much to ask for?

either way, the gameplay looks to be my favorite in the franchise so I don't mind too much.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Indeed. Dr. Mario is the best character in the game as of current. That new Final Smash is everything that I could hope for... he actually used pills. What a genius.
His Final Smash is definitely the best. It clears opponents off the screen AND it cures cancer.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I would have liked Dark Pit to have somewhat different functioning moves. I'd also prefer if Dr Mario's Final Smash was a puzzle game or something different from Mario's. Also, I would have preferred Lucina at least get Aether as her up B. Other than that, I'm fine with them though I'm still trying to figure out what's different between Pit and Dark Pit outside of aesthetics.

Morbi

Scavenger
I just got home and I saw none of the stream but can someone tell me, is there really a Banjo Kazooie looking Duck Hunt Dog costume? Banjo Kazooie is my favorite game ever!
If Banjo's fur resembles a dalmatian, there is a Banjo alternative. ;)

But seriously, I cannot remember any of the other ones at the top of my head, you should check out Duck Hunt's thread.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So....the new roster looks nice.

No Ridley,I see.
I wonder how that's doing to supporters.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So, here's my opinion on the roster:
-There's many Mario characters, that's for sure, but each have original traits (besides Dr. Mario)
-See Ness and Jigglypuff fanboys? There he is, now shut up about your ehinning
-I'm one of the few persons in the whole fandom who never had any problem with clones, still while I don't mind Dark Pit, I wish he could have a more original moveset
-Man, the Duck Hunt Dog sure looks funny to play as
-The Alph alts look great
-With what I said before, I actually don't mind Dr. Mario return
-Yay! R.O.B. is back! :chuckle:

R.I.P. :mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::snake::wolf::popo::lucas:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I've been avoiding this place when leaks started dropping because I knew it would be chaos. Anything I missed out on?
Remember the leak where the Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario and others were in? Some guys got the game in Japan today and it's the actual roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom