• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
but they were basically a transformation in brawl and sakurai stated transformations are gone from this game
We still lost two characters overall.

Despite what you want to think, Sakurai counts them as 3 individual characters but one slot. These are not interchangeable terms whatsoever.

There are 39 playable characters in Brawl. That's his official word. There are 35 slots in Brawl. That's also correct.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
We still lost two characters overall.

Despite what you want to think, Sakurai counts them as 3 individual characters but one slot. These are not interchangeable terms whatsoever.

There are 39 playable characters in Brawl. That's his official word. There are 35 slots in Brawl. That's also correct.
If that's true makes me dislike Miis even more then

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
HEY PAISANOS! IT'S THE SUPER SMASH BROS SUPER LEAK!

I like the roster. I REALLY like the Koopaling alts the best! Duck Hunt is amazing!

I've been away for a while
but I'm back to kick some butt in Wild Canyon
I'm not dead, nor have I ever been, I've just been trying to avoid some of the negativity that comes with these things. Just had a dude on Facebook really get in my face about all of this. He tried to show me "Mewtwo in the clouds in the Greninja trailer" and "Pac-man in the clouds is proof that this is a hint", then tried to convince me that Heihachi would be in in addition to Mewtwo, Snake and a whole bunch of other stuff. I showed him all of this and he was all like "I don't think that's the final roster" and I told him "They unlocked the characters, it popped up with the "All characters unlocked message", this is it. Ended up getting all mad about it and told me "Sukari has something up his sleeve, he'll be showing the characters tomorrow during the sleeve and Mewtwo WILL be one of them." Except he was way more angry about it.

But anyhow, it's good to see the roster at least until DLC/Wii U syncing may or may not become a thing. Just thought I'd throw my opinion on the roster here now during the hype. In short, I like it. I'm satisfied. And I'm happy with it. Morton Koopa Jr and Roy Koopa here I come :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If that's true makes me dislike Miis even more then
Mii Fighters are an odd one. They aren't actual transformations. You set them up beforehand and then select which one. They are 3 unique movesets regardless. There's 51 full characters in this game, bosses aside, of course.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got a phone call saying "Your debit card has been lost"

I'm pretty sure I would know if my card was lost before them

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Really, there is so much I have to look up. Apparently Mr. Game & Watch is quite different from before. All the new modes, customization, newcomers, reactions, little details, music. I'm going to be jumping around the forums a bit.

How I wish it was actually friday. >.>

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You're not complaining about the complaining when you're blatantly just insulting and making fun of someone who is upset. You're just bullying. There's a huge difference between "Stop complaining about this. It's not that bad" and "HAHA! I'm GLAD you guys didn't get what you wanted and I did! In your face!"

That's what I'm saying.

And I just said you're a disappointment, not that I hate you or anything. Ignoring you is a bit extreme. You make it sound like I don't want to speak to you ever again or something. -.o
Kaye,

Morbid's being a troll.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Since I have no idea what Mod does what, I'm just gonna page @#HBC | Red Ryu and hope they work it out with their mod friends
A few questionados;
1) will we use the leaked renders (like the "You unlocked Bowser Jr.!" image) to get/make :4____: smilies? Like :4bowserjr: :4medicine: :4duckhunt: ect?
2) will the Sm4sh Mains be turned into one of the icons on your info (the thing on the left/top/whatever that shows your FC, Location ect.) like the 64/Melee/Brawl Mains, will that stay a premium feature, or do we gotta wait until the game releases in America?
?) :4kirby:, :4kirby:, :4kirby:, that's the name you should know?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, done being mad now. - -

Time to go back to my usual state of absolute neutralism.

First step, cutting the grass.

Kaye,

Morbid's being a troll.
...I basically said that in the very post you...Ugh.

Idiot.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Speculation season may be over, but I'm not leaving now! I'm staying in case there's still Wii U version PotD's
Actually, speculation isn't QUITE over since we still don't know of any Wii U exclusive modes (unless I missed/forgot something) to counter 3DS exclusive Smash Run, and we probably don't know all the Wii U stages yet. Speculation is still at large, just not so much about characters anymore.

Also good to see ya again, Cliff.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Mii Fighters are an odd one. They aren't actual transformations. You set them up beforehand and then select which one. They are 3 unique movesets regardless. There's 51 full characters in this game, bosses aside, of course.
I still don't like em there my #2 of top 5 disliked smash characters (number 1 is the dog)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still don't like em there my #2 of top 5 disliked smash characters (number 1 is the dog)
At least you can make your own character designs. So far, the new additions are very unique and promising for great gameplay. Brawl had a hard time having a good competitive setting, but this game is far more adapted to both casual and competitive play.

D

Deleted member

Speculation season may be over, but I'm not leaving now! I'm staying in case there's still Wii U version PotD's
Well, speculation is over, but I always intended to stay in the site. I think I might be done watching PotDs after the 3DS game releases in Japan (or maybe worldwide) but I don't know. xD

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Changed avatar to ferret boy who is stupidly hated by the stupid yuri fanboys only because he likes a girl and to yuri fanboys that means "interference" in the way of their actually not canon yuri OTP even though he has done nothing about it... stupid yuri fanboys

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Kirby Mii has been confirmed.
Kirby dons Dr. Mario-esque headwear, but instead of his head Mirror, the copied Mii's head is there instead as a cardboard cutout.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Changed avatar to ferret boy who is stupidly hated by the stupid yuri fanboys only because he likes a girl and to yuri fanboys that means "interference" in the way of their actually not canon yuri OTP even though he has done nothing about it... stupid yuri fanboys
This is probably the only thing you and I will ever agree on.

Let's keep it that way.

Soul.

Sup guys, what's going on?
Full roster was revealed. It's the same as the leak.
SmashBoards looks like it's a lot more quieter than what it was before, at least for me.
Some character threads got locked.
We can finally focus on the gameplay.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Sup guys, what's going on?
Some guys in Japan got the game earlier and have been streming it, revealing things like the roster (which is the same as in the Duck Hunt Dog leak), secret characters, Final Smashes, stages, etc.

Also people dissapointed over Snake, Lucas, Squirtle, Ivtsaur, Ice Climbers and others being cut, not to mention the clone haters once again are out of their caves with another sandstorm following them over Lucina (again), Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Looks like this meltdown is gonna take some time to cool. Meanwhile, I'll share my most favorite to least favorite newcomers.

1. Mega Man
  2. Greninja
  3. Palutena
  4. Bowser Jr.
  5. Duck Hunt Dog
  6. Rosalina & Luma
  7. Shulk
  8. Little Mac
  9. Villager
  10. Robin
  11. Pac-Man
  12. Wii Fit Trainer