• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's probably been explained to death already, but the real genius of the FNaF series is that its more of a thriller game than a survival horror. You are constantly aware of the threats and their patterns. But having to constantly predict them under a limited power supply puts the player in paranoia, which in turns makes these seemingly repetitive behaviors more stressful.

I partially agree with the jump scares though. You begin to be desensitized by them after awhile. Maybe if the animatronics didn't scare you in the same way every time.
Still, having a bit more variety would be nice (which thankfully they seem to get going in that step in FnaF2, where there are other things to do apart from look at cameras and lock doors).

But admittedly one issue I do have is with how they deal with the lore. I've seen my fair share of Game Theory to know that there are more to this game, but if only they could recognize it. It always felt too subtle in my opinion. Why not have the characters discuss the lore a bit? What about Phone Guy? What's he like? At least something to make it seem less like it's meant to be only speculation fuel.

Though if there's anything that ruins my FNaF experience, it's the fandom. My stomach squelches at the sight of those off-putting furry-esque fan art and animations people have put out there. But like anything else, I treat the fandom separate from the game for the sake of my enjoyment.
It's not really that I hate about the whole fanbase thing. That was inevitable. But more so just how much fans treat it bigger than it really is. Everyone talks it up like it's the next best thing since sliced bread. But personally I don't get it.

It's the same with Minecraft. I find it to be an okay game, but good God the fanbase sometimes.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's not really that I hate about the whole fanbase thing. That was inevitable. But more so just how much fans treat it bigger than it really is. Everyone talks it up like it's the next best thing since sliced bread. But personally I don't get it.

It's the same with Minecraft. I find it to be an okay game, but good God the fanbase sometimes.
Three Thanksgivings at Timmie's is pretty much a flavor of the month game, like Slender Man. In a couple of months, nobody talks about it anymore.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

DK is a horrible monkey.

Really horrible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Prince Wu just came off as a rude, pompous, immature brat at first. Now, he's wacky, kind of annoying, but respectable and has potential to be a really good leader in something or a public speaker.
i can understand that but he has become a good character. And so many gifs here right now...!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i can understand that but he has become a good character. And so many gifs here right now...!
Which is what I was saying in the first place.

Are you an original character?
No, he's an oblivious gecko. :p

OG actually means "Original Gangster" or "Original Gangsta" if you want to be more gangsta, hence, we could call OboromuramaAlpaca "OG C" since she thought about being called Obo, the Grand Concubunny". :smirk:

See, we've found ways. :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Y so srs today Obo?
I have no idea

Which is what I was saying in the first place.

No, he's an oblivious gecko. :p

OG actually means "Original Gangster" or "Original Gangsta" if you want to be more gangsta, hence, we could call OboromuramaAlpaca "OG C" since she thought about being called Obo, the Grand Concubunny". :smirk:

See, we've found ways. :p
oh god I love you all, you crazies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom