• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
You're not the only one.
While I'll admit the concept is rather unique (especially considering many of the other "horror" games out there), I do mostly consider it Jump Scares: The Game. And the overwhelming popularity of it certainly does not help.
It's probably been explained to death already, but the real genius of the FNaF series is that its more of a thriller game than a survival horror. You are constantly aware of the threats and their patterns. But having to constantly predict them under a limited power supply puts the player in paranoia, which in turns makes these seemingly repetitive behaviors more stressful.

I partially agree with the jump scares though. You begin to be desensitized by them after awhile. Maybe if the animatronics didn't scare you in the same way every time.

Though if there's anything that ruins my FNaF experience, it's the fandom. My stomach squelches at the sight of those off-putting furry-esque fan art and animations people have put out there. But like anything else, I treat the fandom separate from the game for the sake of my enjoyment.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
THE ENDING OF BOOK 4!!! AAAAH! SO GOOD! SO SAD! NO SPOILERS HERE!!!

I will hint at one thing: if you hate Prince Wu, then you'll love or respect him by the end. He's got good character development in Book 4, his only appearance. I hated his guts when he was introduced, but now, he's respectable and somewhat likeable ignoring his eccentricities. Still... OMG!!!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I suppose I should buy the books or movies I want for Christmas soon...no games or new systems yet cuz no job :c

Also I have a big friggin backlog to be fair.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll admit the jumpscares stop being "scary" after you experience them enough. And some people won't find it scary at all, but to each his own. Everyone's got differing views on things.

I personally do find the atmosphere of the games to be pretty creepy as well though (mostly the first one) as well as a stressful experience at times. In FNaF2 though, the difficulty is considerably higher for a number of reasons and you're probably going to die a lot more often, thus the jumpscares might wear on you much faster.

The idea behind the gameplay though, is pretty ingenius IMO. It's a very creative and new style and it adds to the stress, thrill and atmosphere.

There's also the game's lore, which is perhaps what I find the most interesting about it. It's one of the reasons why the game got so popular, people everywhere are trying to figure out the game's backstory and tie details and oddities together to see if they can find potential answers to some of the unknown details of the story.

I do like the fanmade animations and the like generally as long as it's not some kind of furry stuff.

And if people scream their heads off at you for not liking it....yeah, that's not gonna fly with me either.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
THE ENDING OF BOOK 4!!! AAAAH! SO GOOD! SO SAD! NO SPOILERS HERE!!!

I will hint at one thing: if you hate Prince Wu, then you'll love or respect him by the end. He's got good character development in Book 4, his only appearance. I hated his guts when he was introduced, but now, he's respectable and somewhat likeable ignoring his eccentricities. Still... OMG!!!
Agreed and the shipping...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's probably been explained to death already, but the real genius of the FNaF series is that its more of a thriller game than a survival horror. You are constantly aware of the threats and their patterns. But having to constantly predict them under a limited power supply puts the player in paranoia, which in turns makes these seemingly repetitive behaviors more stressful.

I partially agree with the jump scares though. You begin to be desensitized by them after awhile. Maybe if the animatronics didn't scare you in the same way every time.

Though if there's anything that ruins my FNaF experience, it's the fandom. My stomach squelches at the sight of those off-putting furry-esque fan art and animations people have put out there. But like anything else, I treat the fandom separate from the game for the sake of my enjoyment.
And fandom and their damn fan voices and crap ugh other then that the game is pretty good in the since it feeds on the fear of creepy anomatronics and is stressful and a paranoia based game. How people ignore that maybe the game isn't for them so they must hurt the feelings of those that do like it is beyond me

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
But what if it is the opposite? The once screaming at the ones that do like it?
I don't like them either. Depends on who started it in a given circumstance as well.

Of course one can say they don't like the game and are free criticize it, I won't try to stop people from doing that. As long as one doesn't start it off by saying something along the lines of "How is this scary? This is just a dumb game" because that's just begging to suddenly be surrounded by negative attention and to start a war.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That shipping makes sense! I guess.
It does, but there's a more mind****ed one like Mewtwo x Lucario for example. They share nothing in common except for one special move's properties and they are from two different generations. At least it will make sense once the former is actually available in Smash next year.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

"Wii U has no games, Vita will stomp 3DS"
Well to be fair, over half of the games illustrated are first party games, so they were to be expected to be great. But we got some other great games that weren't expected, including:
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Rayman Legends
  • Pikmin 3
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Bravely Default
  • Persona Q
  • Virtue's Last Reward
Also, I've changed my avatar to fit the occasion.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't like them either. Depends on who started it in a given circumstance as well.

Of course one can say they don't like the game and are free criticize it, I won't try to stop people from doing that. As long as one doesn't start it off by saying something along the lines of "How is this scary? This is just a dumb game" because that's just begging to suddenly be surrounded by negative attention and to start a war.
"How is this scary? This is just a dumb game" happens a lot sadly. Then they go on to say "This isn't scary, I wasn't scared of it" then you ask if they played it but they never answer or say no they never played it. So how would they know if it wasnt scary to them or not if they didnt play it?
http://www.********/images/mr-owl/the-world-may-never-know-thumb.jpg

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. :4roy:
We're reaching the Danger Zone (If you touch one with over 100% Damage, you'll be OK! Dededededededededeedede-RIDLEY)

Soul.

It does, but there's a more mind****ed one like Mewtwo x Lucario for example. They share nothing in common except for one special move's properties and they are from two different generations. At least it will make sense once the former is actually available in Smash next year.
And on that year, God has descended from the heavens and said:
"LET THERE BE CHUCKLES"
And it was good, about 7/10, too much muscles
There will be chuckles, as long as Meteor Herd is on this thread. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Especially the shipping! One of which is confirmed and it doesn't involve Mako... Or Bolin... Or Opal... Or Prince Wu... It's something else... Stuff. :p
Indeed, and i always liked prince wu just thought he was somewhat idiotic but funny.
i figured this.

Oh so that's how this works:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Indeed, and i always liked prince wu just thought he was somewhat idiotic but funny.
Prince Wu just came off as a rude, pompous, immature brat at first. Now, he's wacky, kind of annoying, but respectable and has potential to be a really good leader in something or a public speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom