• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
um
View attachment 33309
please tell me this isnt real
I have a feeling this is fake
In fat I know it is fake but why would.... eh
This is worth looking at for the user reviews.

Also, DEATH BATTLE! shiz:

Being unfamiliar with the DBZ universe, I was worried Kirby wouldn't be able to deal with Buu's physical and energy properties directly. Although, his Copy Ability really supplants like half of the matchup in his favor.

A minor complaint: why bother explaining Kirby's main Copy Abilties if you only use 3 of them? There were tons of environmental instances where you could've just demonstrated the rest of those abilties (I think Kirby was going to turtle up and get the Stone ability at one point, but Buu forced him to adapt.)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
This is worth looking at for the user reviews.

Also, DEATH BATTLE! shiz:

Being unfamiliar with the DBZ universe, I was worried Kirby wouldn't be able to deal with Buu's physical and energy properties directly. Although, his Copy Ability really supplants like half of the matchup in his favor.

A minor complaint: why bother explaining Kirby's main Copy Abilties if you only use 3 of them? There were tons of environmental instances where you could've just demonstrated the rest of those abilties (I think Kirby was going to turtle up and get the Stone ability at one point, but Buu forced him to adapt.)
The Death Battle was nice, but the animation still needs some work if you compare it to the "Bowser V.S Dr.Eggman" Melee.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
LEGEND OF KORRA ENDING SPOILERS!
That korra X asami relationship!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The Death Battle was nice, but the animation still needs some work if you compare it to the "Bowser V.S Dr.Eggman" Melee.
Yeah, the sprite work was a bit wonky and bleachy. The cartoon caricature and sound bits (I swear I heard Luigi scream "HEUUUUUUUGH!") was out of place for the tone of the fight, but I'm pretty sure it's the animator finding a way to weave his style into the fight. Overall, nothing too invasive.

Looks like we got a battle of the ASW series posterboys next. My money's on Ragna.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yeah, the sprite work was a bit wonky and bleachy. The cartoon caricature and sound bits (I swear I heard Luigi scream "HEUUUUUUUGH!") was out of place for the tone of the fight, but I'm pretty sure it's the animator finding a way to weave his style into the fight. Overall, nothing too invasive.

Looks like we got a battle of the ASW series posterboys next. My money's on Ragna.
Yeah, the cartoony stuff was bad in this one. But at least it was sprite animated, not with 3D models. I swear, the 3D ones are generally the worst looking out of all of them (especially the Link vs Cloud one).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Another excessively weird moment, and in turn, hide in the bunker. *hides in bunker*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm the only who can't stand FNaF I see.
You're not the only one.
While I'll admit the concept is rather unique (especially considering many of the other "horror" games out there), I do mostly consider it Jump Scares: The Game. And the overwhelming popularity of it certainly does not help.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You're not the only one.
While I'll admit the concept is rather unique (especially considering many of the other "horror" games out there), I do mostly consider it Jump Scares: The Game. And the overwhelming popularity of it certainly does not help.
I dont see how people pass over the fact that the scares only happen when you **** up so it is a punishment. it isnt like Slender but to each his own.

Grass

Smash Lord
I dont see how people pass over the fact that the scares only happen when you **** up so it is a punishment. it isnt like Slender but to each his own.
then the game is by definition boring cause if you don't **** up, then nothing scary ever happens. That's really ****ing stupid too. Cause if you're really good at the game then the game rewards you by not doing ****.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But is there really anything else apart from jump scares? In that case it seems like a pretty shallow experience.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, I'm a little worried that someone's trying to hack my laptop and/or most of my other online accounts, cause like once every two months I find a second session logged into my deviant Art account (Firefox and Win 7 just like my desktop and laptop), and sometimes my Skype status keeps setting it as online even when I insist it be set to Do Not Disturb (my usual setting) and I have to use /remotelogout to fix it. This time I even made sure my laptop, which I haven't been using much due to almost overheating a lot, was disconnected from the Internet.

Ugh, I think I'm getting a bit paranoid...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So, I'm a little worried that someone's trying to hack my laptop and/or most of my other online accounts, cause like once every two months I find a second session logged into my deviant Art account (Firefox and Win 7 just like my desktop and laptop), and sometimes my Skype status keeps setting it as online even when I insist it be set to Do Not Disturb (my usual setting) and I have to use /remotelogout to fix it. This time I even made sure my laptop, which I haven't been using much due to almost overheating a lot, was disconnected from the Internet.

Ugh, I think I'm getting a bit paranoid...
hmm... that does sound shady. I would keep a lose eye on everything that is happening with your laptop

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Yeah, the cartoony stuff was bad in this one. But at least it was sprite animated, not with 3D models. I swear, the 3D ones are generally the worst looking out of all of them (especially the Link vs Cloud one).
Link vs. Cloud looks like it was animated in iClone 5. Though the recent Deeadpool vs. Deathstroke battle was so good that I would take it over many of their 2D battles.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I've never once heard of someone who had a bad opinion of the Wii U once purchasing one.

Soul.

Sssssssshhhh, shipping doesn't always have proper logic or reason behind it.

Prime example: Trunks x Goten (And now all of you Dragon Ball Z fans will be crying yourselves to sleep while having that mental image).
That shipping makes sense! I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom