• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Aww, the sound thing was kind of a cool gimmick that not a lot of games outside stealth games use. It worked for Demon's Souls since it's not this fast-paced, "I'm going to die if I don't kill something" game. Maybe it could work for DMC, but it'd be annoying as hell.
I'm trying my hardest to think of an enemy like that in Dark Souls/2 but I can't. Although it's worth noting that stealth is a major factor in Dark Souls anyway, so it's not like there's a major missing component here.

There is an enemy from a certain survival game that reacts to sound, though...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is what it would look like if Thomas the Tank Engine was a live-action thriller movie.
Thomas the Tank, featuring EXPLOSIONS by Michael Bay. Michael Bay ruins another childhood. :p

Aurabone thing
It kind of sounds like a euphemism for something. :smirk:

I'm trying my hardest to think of an enemy like that in Dark Souls/2 but I can't. Although it's worth noting that stealth is a major factor in Dark Souls anyway, so it's not like there's a major missing component here.

There is an enemy from a certain survival game that reacts to sound, though...

Last edited:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
When you search the real name "Bone rush" you get some..... results....

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
>Playing Online
>Leaves to see Stats
>Sees Friend Notification
>:4villager:
>Comeback Kid 4 replay
>Everyone leaves
>I leave

I drink the Salty Tears
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :demon:
I had stepped and my friends assumed it meant abandon room. :L
I shall have my revenge though huehuehuehwywgrbfjebe

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Anyone have any quick tips to get not-pissed-off? I made the mistake of trying to defend our casual trash again.

*sees that the very thing I was arguing about is the current topic*

...Never ****ing mind.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I-I'm sorry???
Go on, tell me how I get rewarded for playing badly. Tell me how a character's core design is a crutch. Tell me how I need to git gud nub.

*Seethes heavily*

Sorry, sorry. Not-Lucario is a sore subject for me.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Go on, tell me how I get rewarded for playing badly. Tell me how a character's core design is a crutch. Tell me how I need to git gud nub.

*Seethes heavily*

Sorry, sorry. Not-Lucario is a sore subject for me.
Can you explain what you are talking about?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, what's u-
*sees P:M vs UDS commotion*
Back to For Fun I go! :4luigi:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't even know whats going on anymore >_>
His avatar is Project M Lucario, who is Lucario in name only. It gives him out of place, ridiculous Street Fighter animations and removes the aura mechanic because it "rewards you for playing badly", never mind that Lucario suffers more from losing a stock than any other character and you're in for a world of hurt if you think you can be reckless with him. Furry Akuma, however, just goes on his ****ing merry way with his Shoryuken and Spirit Bomb and I can't even tell what Double Team is supposed to do anymore.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
His avatar is Project M Lucario, who is Lucario in name only. It gives him out of place, ridiculous Street Fighter animations and removes the aura mechanic because it "rewards you for playing badly", never mind that Lucario suffers more from losing a stock than any other character and you're in for a world of hurt if you think you can be reckless with him. Furry Akuma, however, just goes on his ****ing merry way with his Shoryuken and Spirit Bomb.
Would you actually explain why the hell you are here then? You said something about defending casual trash.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ignore this post, I don't wanna be caught in the wildfire. :V

Last edited:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
His avatar is Project M Lucario, who is Lucario in name only.[/b It gives him out of place, ridiculous Street Fighter animations and removes the aura mechanic because it "rewards you for playing badly", never mind that Lucario suffers more from losing a stock than any other character and you're in for a world of hurt if you think you can be reckless with him. Furry Akuma, however, just goes on his ****ing merry way with his Shoryuken and Spirit Bomb.
Managing the new Aura mechanic is a skill all-in-itself, Also he doesn't have "ridiculous" animations, His combos are easily interrupted though crouch canceling/ sheild grabbing. When you see a Lucario combo that goes on for more than 4-5 hits its because the player is inputting aura cancelled down-b/ up-b, both of which are limited to once per combo because of the new aura system.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Would you actually explain why the hell you are here then? You said something about defending casual trash.
Some smartass told me to go back to Smash 4, Brawl, or Mario Kart if I wanted a comeback mechanic. Note how he put all three on the same level. Now I'm fuming and I can't cool down.

Managing the new Aura mechanic is a skill all-in-itself, Also he doesn't have "ridiculous" animations, His combos are easily interrupted though crouch canceling/ sheild grabbing. When you see a Lucario combo that goes on for more than 4-5 hits its because the player is inputting aura cancelled down-b/ up-b, both of which are limited to once per combo because of the new aura system.
Lucario uses a Tai Chi-like fighting style. The Shotos use aggressive Shotokan Karate. It doesn't match. Seriously, Lucario, why are you trying to punch? You don't even have fists!

Last edited:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Some smartass told me to go back to Smash 4, Brawl, or Mario Kart if I wanted a comeback mechanic. Note how he put all three on the same level. Now I'm fuming and I can't cool down.
(How is this my fault though.) :sadsheep:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, guess what?
The New 3DS is already finished with the North 'Murica Translating and whatnot.
Guess what Nintendo hasn't released yet? :troll:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
He was just really salty.

Lucario uses a Tai Chi-like fighting style. The Shotos use aggressive Shotokan Karate. It doesn't match. Seriously, Lucario, why are you trying to punch? You don't even have fists!
1.Well hes a douche. Also what game were you and the smartass talking about?

2.Ask the PMDT about Lucario.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You know that thing in cartoons where a character is trying to get their mind off something and then only sees things related to it? That's what' s happening to me right now. Sorry for lashing out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom