• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, I found this rotten unnatural abomination of hell:

That is wrong on so many levels...

Did they just degrade a badass mother****er like the Black Knight to that... abomination?

Your reaction is spot on.
Is abomination really the right word?

Now I want you to guys to take a long hard look at these drawings.

Drawings that probably took hours, days, WEEKS. Effort was needed to get every detail right. Effort that was only possible due to the passion he/she had for both series. This person probably loved Fire Emblem and this person probably loved MLP. That other person also probably loved both Guardian of the Galxies and MLP. So they took that love and made drawings, amazingly detailed drawings. Drawings that express that love. Expression is the thing are is after all.

And then come you guys. You guys take that love. You take that ability of expression and throw it towards the ground and stomp on it.

Why do bronies deserve this? Maybe a few annoy some people on youtube videos. Maybe some draw ponies. Maybe some bought toys. Maybe some clop. They are still people. People like you and me who have likes and dislikes. They didn't kill a person, they didn't bully someone, they don't drive people to suicide.

What you guys basically said was: "Their art sucks" and "You suck for liking this." Two things that are probably really personal. Before you say that isn't what you meant, how is anyone suppose to know that with what you guys wrote?

...*Sigh* I'm, sorry if this is considered a heated argument. I've cooled down, took out some of that incredibly mean-spirited things I've said I could spot before posting this. I've read the rules, but I'm fully confident with what I said. I've been done with Anti-bronies for a long time now. I was always put into a burst of rage every time I saw an anti-brony comment. But I stayed back. I wanted to be respectful to the forum rules.

But I've just been seeing them so constantly for a long time now on this forum. I really don't understand how you guys could be so mean-spirited. Towards people who really didn't do anything to you.

One last thing. Pontification isn't comparable to Sonic OCs. Proof? You guys already presented it. Look at the two drawings and think about the level of details in them. And how you guys still called them horrible.

I'm finished. If you guys want to continue this privately, I could. Though, not today because I still have some steam left in me...

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Why aren't these official? Then again, would you really want to collect them all?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Snippity snap.
Opinions broham! Not everyone is gonna just smile and say "I love it" to things that they don't exactly enjoy just because one person put effort into it and that others like it. There is nothing wrong with disliking something.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh jesus whoa

So we cant hate pony fan art anymore?
*Sigh* This isn't about personal preference, and I'm sorry if it came off that way. If you hate pony style and don't like the show, thats cool. Opinions are wonderful.

But is abomination really the right words though? These people worked hard on these art after all.

I'm not sick of opinions, I'm sick on this constant trying to pick on bronies.

Opinions broham! Not everyone is gonna just smile and say "I love it" to things that they don't exactly enjoy just because one person put effort into it and that others like it. There is nothing wrong with disliking something.
See above.

I'm sorry if anyone thought I was trying to come across as opinion hating. I'll back off. I'm obviously not in the best position to be talking.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
it is watchable, yes.

Its just those few rotten apples of the fans that ruin it.
Like with every franchise, there's always the passionate, the ****ty fans, and then the obsessed that just make you think twice about bad-mouthing the series with them around.
But enought about Sonic, eh?
:troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well if you want something to do...
Lol, I have that game.

I also recommend trying:

Keep in mind that there are some homoerotic undertones, but I do think the game is kinda parodying shmups. I love the soundtrack though, pretty memorable and some songs are very weird (just like the game itself).

[collapse=Fave songs]

SEXY DYNAMITE!![/collapse]

My sister really liked Cho Aniki and has beaten the game (I couldn't cuz I suck at it haha).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Every fandom has it's own ****. Disney has the ****ing elitist Disney Princess fans for example.

D

Deleted member

Like with every franchise, there's always the passionate, the ****ty fans, and then the obsessed that just make you think twice about bad-mouthing the series with them around.
But enought about Sonic, eh?
:troll:
"fans"
"obsessed"

Oh god, don't remind me of the Elsa and Jack Frost shipping thing that's going on on DeviantArt...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Lol, I have that game.

I also recommend trying:

Keep in mind that there are some homoerotic undertones, but I do think the game is kinda parodying shmups. I love the soundtrack though, pretty memorable and some songs are very weird (just like the game itself).

[collapse=Fave songs]

SEXY DYNAMITE!![/collapse]

My sister really liked Cho Aniki and has beaten the game (I couldn't cuz I suck at it haha).
So it's like a manlier Parodius. Interesting...

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Time to stir up some conversation
What's everybody's favorite color?
Mines Dedede
Shoot me, I'm @Flight smashboard

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
YAY!

After years of procrastination, I've FINALLY beaten Majora's Mask!

However, I didn't get all Heart Pieces. I'll just save that for the upcoming 3DS remake.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I want you guys...to look at what you said. I want you guys to think about what you said.

Now I want you to guys to take a long hard look at these drawings.

Drawings that probably took hours, days, WEEKS. Effort was needed to get every detail right. Effort that was only possible due to the passion he/she had for both series. This person probably loved Fire Emblem and this person probably loved MLP. That other person also probably loved both Guardian of the Galxies and MLP. So they took that love and made drawings, amazingly detailed drawings. Drawings that express that love. Expression is the thing are is after all.

And then come you guys. You guys take that love. You take that ability of expression and throw it towards the ground and stomp on it.

Why do bronies deserve this? Maybe a few annoy some people on youtube videos. Maybe some draw ponies. Maybe some bought toys. Maybe some clop. They are still people. People like you and me who have likes and dislikes. They didn't kill a person, they didn't bully someone, they don't drive people to suicide.

What you guys basically said was: "Their art sucks" and "You suck for liking this." Two things that are probably really personal. Before you say that isn't what you meant, how is anyone suppose to know that with what you guys wrote?

...*Sigh* I'm, sorry if this is considered a heated argument. If this gets me an infraction fine. I've cooled down, took out some of that incredibly mean-spirited things I've said I could spot before posting this. I've read the rules, but I'm fully confident with what I said. I've been done with Anti-bronies for a long time now. I was always put into a burst of rage every time I saw an anti-brony comment. But I stayed back. I wanted to be respectful to the forum rules.

But I've just been seeing them so constantly for a long time now on this forum. I really don't understand how you guys could be so mean-spirited. Towards people who really didn't do anything to you.

One last thing. Pontification isn't comparable to Sonic OCs. Proof? You guys already presented it. Look at the two drawings and think about the level of details in them. And how you guys still called them horrible.

I'm finished. If you guys want to continue this privately, I could. Though, not today because I still have some steam left in me...
I don't really understand what's so bad about these drawings. Even if they are pony versions of a character, they're pretty detailed. Hell, I'd be happy to see a :roypm: version.

I guess some people don't like ponified(?) versions of characters, because for some reason they think it discredits that character or disrespects them or whatever.

Well, I'm all for creative expression, so maybe I won't see eye to eye with some people. I know sometimes people draw things that cross the line for me (mostly has to do with hentai art). But I grin and bear it. Everything has a purpose, right?

So it's like a manlier Parodius. Interesting...
*looks up Parodius*

O__O

I need to get this game! I love weird ****

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Get that weak **** attitude outta here.

Stir up some controversy. Let's talk about shipping/waifus/SJW :troll:
Stir people up huh? Okay!
Everything you enjoy sucks and you should feel ashamed for liking such low quality things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom