• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't get why it's so wrong to buy things made for kids? I'm not going to judge someone because of the things they buy as long as they act like their age. Like I always say don't gain your maturity though your controller or the products you buy, get it though life lessons.
here's the problem I have with this: some cases, it's just trying to make you learn something about life.

Actually, that is the main reason I think games are art.

Because during the time I was starting to play games (after I watched the history videos on ssbm), I noticed that I always learned something after beating a game and it could be about how they are made, but some masterpiece got so far to learn me about stuff in life.

I think what you really wanted to say is to actually make sure you interpret them correctly.

Just want to give an example, the spm plot...for those who knew its meaning...that is quite something that can reach you.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't get why it's so wrong to buy things made for kids? I'm not going to judge someone because of the things they buy as long as they act like their age. Like I always say don't gain your maturity though your controller or the products you buy, get it though life lessons.
Well when you are 30 and buying My little Pony toys that were meant for girls originaly...

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well when you are 30 and buying My little Pony toys that were meant for girls originaly...
*WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP* RANT TIME SKIP POST NOW!

Okay now that the warning is out of the way, I can start ranting :D

I personally do not see anything wrong with 30 year old males buy MLP figures, Barbie dolls, or any other "girls toy". As a matter of fact, I completely loathe this "boy's toy; girl's toy" nonsense that is pushed on children. All toys are meant to be used as means of entertainment for a child. Take Bonnie from Toy Story for example lol to those who thought I wouldn't mention Toy Story. After Andy handed over his toys to her, I don't think her mind became psycologically altered for playing with "boy's toys". Rather, she creates scenarios that pretty much blend the two "gender styles" of play: the toys could be having tea in Paris or saving the town from the Evil Witch and Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop.

I'm not sure why it's a problem for older MLP: FiM fans to purchase figurines for their own collection. Unless they're covering them in "hot glue", they're obsession doesn't seem so different from my toy collecting hobby.

TL; DR: Toys don't need to regulated to a gender. Not every boy wants to be the action hero, not every girl wants to be a princess.

Rant over, continue you daily lives of posting nonsensicle nonsense! :D

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
here's the problem I have with this: some cases, it's just trying to make you learn something about life.

Actually, that is the main reason I think games are art.

Because during the time I was starting to play games (after I watched the history videos on ssbm), I noticed that I always learned something after beating a game and it could be about how they are made, but some masterpiece got so far to learn me about stuff in life.

I think what you really wanted to say is to actually make sure you interpret them correctly.

Just want to give an example, the spm plot...for those who knew its meaning...that is quite something that can reach you.
I didn't mean it that you can't learn somethings from video games, is that don't think playing mature games makes you a adult. I see a lot of people going around calling people who play E rated games kids and they need to grow up and they act like playing mature games make you adult. sorry for the confusion maybe I should have write it better.
Also Lucario.
what store the Lucario one is at walmart.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP* RANT TIME SKIP POST NOW!

Okay now that the warning is out of the way, I can start ranting :D

I personally do not see anything wrong with 30 year old males buy MLP figures, Barbie dolls, or any other "girls toy". As a matter of fact, I completely loathe this "boy's toy; girl's toy" nonsense that is pushed on children. All toys are meant to be used as means of entertainment for a child. Take Bonnie from Toy Story for example lol to those who thought I wouldn't mention Toy Story. After Andy handed over his toys to her, I don't think her mind became psycologically altered for playing with "boy's toys". Rather, she creates scenarios that pretty much blend the two "gender styles" of play: the toys could be having tea in Paris or saving the town from the Evil Witch and Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop.

I'm not sure why it's a problem for older MLP: FiM fans to purchase figurines for their own collection. Unless they're covering them in "hot glue", they're obsession doesn't seem so different from my toy collecting hobby.

TL; DR: Toys don't need to regulated to a gender. Not every boy wants to be the action hero, not every girl wants to be a princess.

Rant over, continue you daily lives of posting nonsensicle nonsense! :D
I think its more of the fact that the community has a pretty bad name because a few bad apples. Now when you see a 30 y/o man buying a Pinkie Pie plush you automatically think he is a "clopper" which is sad to think. I approve of the Sane Fans though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Yoshi. :4yoshi:

The thread died again and I needed something to brighten the mood.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You must be excited for the SH Figuarts Yoshi figure that got announced early this month. Once it comes out you can collect it. :troll:
Now all we need is Wario to complete the playable characters in SM64DS...

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I plan on just getting all the boys.... the Bishonen and baras. Call me strange but I'm not much a fan of th girls. I may be dating a girl but those male Amiibos.. look good and cute
Im not in the boy/girl toys discussion, its good to plan but I am not sure what telling me this plan will do.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Im not in the boy/girl toys discussion, its good to plan but I am not sure what telling me this plan will do.
"You're not getting away that easily!"

Ah, The Incredibles, the only Pixar film that actually deserves a sequel.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sorry if I'm a :079: on this. But amiibo has functionality with the new 3DS One Piece game.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It is getting a sequel though.
I was referring to the fact that Toy Story, Nemo, and...Cars *vomits* are getting sequels as well. It's a general consensus that everyone wanted The Incredibles 2 to happen. I only want TS4 for another opportunity to collect toys. :awesome:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
"You're not getting away that easily!"

Ah, The Incredibles, the only Pixar film that actually deserves a sequel.
Of course I am! Neutral party is the best party!
And yes very well deserving of a sequel.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I was referring to the fact that Toy Story, Nemo, and...Cars *vomits* are getting sequels as well. It's a general consensus that everyone wanted The Incredibles 2 to happen. I only want TS4 for another opportunity to collect toys. :awesome:
I still remember the day it was announced.

My li'l sis didn't stop to fangirl the entire day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom