• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
There's an alternate universe where Nintendo stablished their IPs take place in the same universe.
There's an universe where MySpace still is a thing.
There's an universe where Spider-Man refused Mephisto's offer in One More Day.
There's an universe where I'm still a weaboo.
There's an universe where Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is actually good.
There's an universe where no one rages over Death Battles.
There's an universe where Game Theory still is good.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
There's an alternate universe where Nintendo stablished their IPs take place in the same universe.
There's an universe whee MySpace still is a thing.
There's an universe where Spider-Man refused Mephisto's offer in One More Day.
There's an universe where I'm still a weaboo.
There's an universe where Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is actually good.
There's an universe where no one rages over Death Battles.
There's an universe where Game Theory still is good.
Hello? Game theory is good :p

D

Deleted member

But that does not mean it can't exist.
Well of course but in the end it still has Hitler.
*Walks in expecting intelligent discussion*

*sees this*

^My Face Right Now.
Consider that my warm welcome to the Social Thread, we have beverages in the fridge in the pantry.
Son, I remember back when the Social Thread had some real discussion.
We still have some legitimate discussions.
It's usually in the middle of the night when 90% of the regulars are asleep though.

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
There's an alternate universe where I got really lucky and caught all the legendary Pokemon on the first Poké Ball with the right nature and 6IVs.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Likewise. I recently realized i can use my phone as a mobile hotspot and now i can use my laptop off it.
Yeah, I've had my iPhone 5 for a year and a half, and still don't know how to do that.

That's one thing I need to do over Christmas other than see if I can convince my parents to let me get a Club Nintendo account.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yeah, I've had my iPhone 5 for a year and a half, and still don't know how to do that.

That's one thing I need to do over Christmas other than see if I can convince my parents to let me get a Club Nintendo account.
Your profile says you are 19. Why do you need your parents' permission to get a Club Nintendo account?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
There is an alternate universe with the following;

Andrew Jackson was never President, and does not appear on the $20 bill. Instead, Martin Luther King Jr. is on the $20 bill.
US Department of Defense Headquarters is located on Liberty Island in New York Harbor.
Three major political parties exist in the United States.
A map in the Secretary of Defense's office is labeled Department of Defense. It is not evident that the map is a complete representation of United States internal and external borders, or simply a map of Department of Defense jurisdictional boundaries.
Texas is divided into two states, North Texas and South Texas.
North Dakota and South Dakota are combined into one state, Dakota.
Oklahoma and Kansas are combined into one state, Midland.
North and South Carolina are combined into one state, Carolina.
Washington is known as Southern British Columbia, and is significantly smaller.
Michigan is smaller, missing it's northern portion, the Upper Peninsula.
Virginia and West Virginia are not states. They are combined into a district, the District of Virginia.
Louisiana is a territory and not a state. It is known as Louisiana Territory.
The State of Nevada does not exist. Independent Nevada replaces it.
Government ID is required to use public transportation in New York City.
Helicopters flown by autopilot carry passengers.
Daily flights to the moon are available to the public.
Double-decker cars exist, though are uncommon.
Dirigible airships are used for transportation, either alongside jet aircraft or replacing them entirely.
Burn victims can be healed with nanotechnology.
Human-machine hybrids can morph into any human shape.
Scanners can detect inter-dimensional breaches.
Medical equipment can control individual temporal acclimation.
Accelerated healing techniques are available in hospitals.
Accelerated gestation technology can grow a first trimester (human) fetus to full-term in less than a day.
Adrenaline activated B-cell lymphocytes were used to implant false memories.
Digital technology has eliminated the need for the majority of writing utensils.
Compact cellular phones existed as early as 1985.
Mobile communication is possible via a small, clip-on device known as an ear cuff.
The US space program (circa 1986) had deployed a strategic defence network, and has a presence near Jacksonville, Florida.
Due to changes in atmospheric conditions, a rainbow hasn't been seen in twenty years
A blight has significantly damaged vegetation.
Coffee is subject to rationing. Avocados are expensive and seem difficult to acquire.
The smallpox virus has not been eliminated and still spreads among human society.
The western boundary of California is significantly farther south and east.
The missing coastal region may belong to another nation, be sunken underwater, or plate tectonics failed to develop the area in the first place.
Sheep went extinct in 2001.
According to the map in Secretary Bishop's office, many large areas of the United States have been quarantined, including South New Jersey, Coastal Maine, Northwest New Mexico, Western New York, and the Boston Metropolitan Area. Smaller areas are quarantined throughout the US, many along/near the East Coast.
Madison Square Garden was quarantined in 1999 by Fringe Division after an unstable wormhole in the area would not close. The 10,000 people trapped inside have been declared legally dead.
Manhatan, Brooklyn and Southern Long Island faced additional quarantine after Walter and Olivia arrived to recover Peter.
Secretary Bishop's Lab in the Kresge Building, on the Longwood Campus of Harvard University, is affected by the Boston quarantine and is partially covered in amber aerosol to neutralize the impact. A warning sign outside of the building indicates that particular campus was relocated to
Doctors running human drug trials are required to return the subjects to their previous state when testing is completed.
Government-issued identification cards are referred to as a "Show Me".
New York City is different in several ways:
The city's downtown borough is spelt "Manhatan", with only one "t".
The twin towers of the World Trade Centre were not destroyed in the 9/11 attacks and are still standing.
The "Grand Hotel", by Antoni Gaudi, sits on the site for which it was designed over a hundred years ago.
The Transamerica Pyramid is located, or duplicated, in the city.
The Empire State Building is used as a docking port for airships.
The Statue of Liberty retains its original copper color.
The "Nixon Parkway" serves the area.
The United States Postal Service is named U.S. Mail Service, and carries a different logo.
Shell Oil and Exxon merged to form ShExxon (versus Exxon and Mobil becoming ExxonMobil).
7-1-1 can be dialed to report inter-dimensional/trans-universe anomalies.
The North American Major League Baseball team Dodgers are based in Brooklyn.
The North American Major League Baseball team Expos did not dissolve into the "Washington Nationals" in 2004.
The theatrical production Dogs is advertised (as opposed to Cats).
Cabbage Patch Dolls are popular.
Len Bias is alive and has won an NBA Most Valuable Player Award.
Eric Stoltz is the star of Back to the Future instead of Michael J. Fox.
The USSR still exists in the 21st century.
The comic book character "Batman" is instead known as "Mantis"
The comic book character "Green Lantern" is instead known as "Red Lantern"
The comic book character "Green Arrow" is instead known as "Red Arrow"
The band U2 does not exist, or at least is not well-known.
The television show The West Wing continued into a tenth season.
Richard Nixon is on the 1983 dollar coin, which has the same reverse design as an Eisenhower dollar although no U.S. dollar coins were minted in 1983.
Martin Luther King Jr. is on the 20 dollar bill rather than Andrew Jackson, and are referred to as "Juniors".
Millard Fillmore is on the 100 dollar bill and are referred to as "Fillmores".
The kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby either never happened or never became a public incident.
John F. Kennedy was never assassinated, and became an ambassador to the U.N. sometime after his presidential term ended. A news article states that he is planning to resign his ambassador position in order to lead a new agency aimed at slowing ecological breakdown.
The White House and the Pentagon were both destroyed in the 9/11 attacks. The Department of Defence headquarters were relocated to Liberty Island, while the White House was rebuilt at the same location -and now has a glass roof.

inb4ain'tgonnareaddat****

@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
There are multiple alternate universes where:
  • Toy Story doesn't exist
  • Pixar and Dreamworks switched reputations
  • I'm a Cars fan
  • I go by Western Ranger
  • I display the Buzz version of my avatar
  • I actually have a social life
  • Frozen was renamed "Heated"
  • The internet is a safe haven for all opinions
  • I obsess over the villians in Toy Story (i.e. Woody becomes Prospector and Buzz becomes Zurg)
  • I sold my Toy Story Collection
  • Where we are all toys
  • The social thread was locked for good
  • We are all blue Daba dee daba die
  • Rickrolling was still popular

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Uh, hey, @Rysir? Were you just playing For Glory 4-player matches? Against a golden Captain Falcon and a Ganondorf? Just... Just wondering.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So this Smash Bros. type One Piece game is getting Amiibo support, and Dear God Almighty, I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Your profile says you are 19. Why do you need your parents' permission to get a Club Nintendo account?
There's an alternate universe where CliffJumper didn't just get wrecked.
There's an alternate univderse where I became Emperor of Every Puny Little Life Form That Breathes At The Moment.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm a college student, so I don't want to come off to my parents as someone who cares nothing but for games.
If you are only getting it for the CD and Mewtwo, they'll only see the CD once it's mailed. It's not like you will use it to get a bunch of other Nintendo related products...or are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom