• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I think I heard of this before, but...

THIS is on the eShop?! THIS has been licensed by Nintendo?!

What the **** is this?
Definitely not on the European store, at least. I don't think they'd ever release that on Ninty eShop. Nu-uh. I wish, though, looks legit as all sweg. (Tryna be hip and young here, don't mind me)
So I guess since we're on the subject of indie games, has anyone here seen these before?
Looks pretty amazing.
That's pretty blatant, one might say. I mean, it looks fun, but it's just Smash with worse mechanics and mediocre pixel art for graphics.
I mean, it seems like an ok job done by a student or hobbyist, but it doesn't seem to have anything unique in it and for a game like this to stand out, it'd need way crispier sprites.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
And so I now have information sources other than google! I have acquired a twitter profile! Im not behind on things anymore!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I guess since we're on the subject of indie games, has anyone here seen these before?
Looks pretty amazing.
Super Smash Deitys?
OK, that's kinda coo-
*sees it's only for XBOX and PC*
EXPLAIN.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I FOLLOWED YOU BY GOOGLING YOUR USERNAME!
No I do believe you are not as I dont have any followers on twitter.

*There are more than one of those who go by the name Rysir I see.

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
So I just changed my avatar, what do you all think of it.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250

Unfortunately not for Wii U. :(
Eh, what can ya do? Could be worse, it might've been Xbox exclusive and we wouldn't have it played on the PCs we're using right now.

That's pretty blatant, one might say. I mean, it looks fun, but it's just Smash with worse mechanics and mediocre pixel art for graphics.
I don't really see how you find the mechanics worse from just watching the trailers. If we were talking about Smash Flash then I would understand. :troll: don't burn me plz
I mean, it seems like an ok job done by a student or hobbyist, but it doesn't seem to have anything unique in it and for a game like this to stand out, it'd need way crispier sprites.
To be fair, most indie developers are students or hobbyists, so you are right on that mark. However I find the beetle character to be the most unique thing, it's the Heracross fighter we always wanted in smash, except with earth bending. Also that ironic Falco clone.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's doing it again.
The game keeps giving me my Custom Lucina set even though Custom is Turned Off
And only when I get to Master Core
I don't need the help, game.
I appreciate it, but I don't need it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So after I beat Master Core and I go to the Credits
Lucina reverts back to her normal moveset
WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON ._.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Eh, what can ya do? Could be worse, it might've been Xbox exclusive and we wouldn't have it played on the PCs we're using right now.

I don't really see how you find the mechanics worse from just watching the trailers. If we were talking about Smash Flash then I would understand. :troll: don't burn me plz

To be fair, most indie developers are students or hobbyists, so you are right on that mark. However I find the beetle character to be the most unique thing, it's the Heracross fighter we always wanted in smash, except with earth bending. Also that ironic Falco clone.
Some of the hitboxes and physics seem off. Might be because I haven't played it, but looks like it behaves somewhat counterintuitively. And yes, while most indies aren't exactly pros (I'm a hobbyist programmer myself), if they want to market this game, they should have something more to show. It looks fun, but I wouldn't pay for it -- I've got Smash already.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Some of the hitboxes and physics seem off. Might be because I haven't played it, but looks like it behaves somewhat counterintuitively. And yes, while most indies aren't exactly pros (I'm a hobbyist programmer myself), if they want to market this game, they should have something more to show. It looks fun, but I wouldn't pay for it -- I've got Smash already.
Plus who needs 4 Deities when you got 51 of Nintendo's All-Stars?

Grass

Smash Lord
we need more than that. Just get every company ever involved in Smash. Bring in SNK and Tatsunoku as well. 100 characters to choose from. Also featuring dante from Devil May Cry.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So I got my first follower on twitter and its not someone from here and thus I know not of who this person is. Is this how twitter works?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know, the idea is at least interesting. Personally I'll wait till I harp on it, since it's still in development.

Last edited:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Fair enough then, I'd be willing to give it a try once it comes out though.

The people who wanted the closest thing to a Xbox Smash I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom