• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I still can't see it.
:4shulk:"I can't see it clearly!"

This help?

Why is everyone using him then. :facepalm:
Because he is one of the easiest characters to be "good" with. Popular perception is that Diddy Kong is good, and so everyone flocks to him. People are already finding ways to get around Diddy and exploit his weaknesses. He's definitely a good character, but he is far from broken. Diddy is beatable. If you can't beat him, then you might as well give up being a "competitive" player.

What did he do with DDD

And i hope you caught the love and peace part of the money
Sakurai voices Dedede in Kirby 64, Brawl, and Smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well tell them to go **** themselves. Your 23, my man, why are you letting them tell you what to do?
I need to stop cursing Im sorry
Because they are supporting me while I'm living at home and they make good points. I wish I were more creative and skilled enough to make money off of doing what I enjoy. Only thing I can do with that now is to find opportunities to practice.

Soul.

Because he is one of the easiest characters to be "good" with. Popular perception is that Diddy Kong is good, and so everyone flocks to him. People are already finding ways to get around Diddy and exploit his weaknesses. He's definitely a good character, but he is far from broken. Diddy is beatable. If you can't beat him, then you might as well give up being a "competitive" player.
So what you're saying is that if I lose to a Diddy in For Glory for example I might as well not play it ever again because Diddy is god, albeit not so much in the sense that he's Brawl MK (no he's not lol). If we follow your logic, you could give up playing Brawl just because of MK alone. You could give up on 64 because of Pikachu alone. You could give up on Melee because of 20XX.
Yes, Diddy is good, he can be beaten, "just exploit his weaknesses." said no one ever :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ok thx captain obvious
I'm sorry but you didn't seem to actually grasp that concept. Diddy is a very good character, sure, but he's nowhere near the absolute level of domination that MK had in Brawl, who was actually a broken character.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because they are supporting me while I'm living at home and they make good points. I wish I were more creative and skilled enough to make money off of doing what I enjoy. Only thing I can do with that now is to find opportunities to practice.
I need a job too but the only thing Im good at mostly is.... nothing *goes in corner*

Grass

Smash Lord
So what you're saying is that if I lose to a Diddy in For Glory for example I might as well not play it ever again because Diddy is god, albeit not so much in the sense that he's Brawl MK (no he's not lol). If we follow your logic, you could give up playing Brawl just because of MK alone. You could give up on 64 because of Pikachu alone. You could give up on Melee because of 20XX.
Yes, Diddy is good, he can be beaten, "just exploit his weaknesses." said no one ever :troll:
all of my wat.

Grass

Smash Lord
I'm sorry but you didn't seem to actually grasp that concept. Diddy is a very good character, sure, but he's nowhere near the absolute level of domination that MK had in Brawl, who was actually a broken character.
ya but master hand is god tier :3 *cough cough*

@the diddy debate: idc who you play, him or not, Will proved that Diddy isn't OP. He's a great character, very well rounded, but he's by no means "god tier".

Soul.

Lol, at first I thought you said abomination. But yeah that's true.
all of my wat.
yes
pls dont h8 me. wait what
you play vs. a diddy ok. you use dk, gimp his recovery and lol. that's how you beat diddy right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What I mean is that saying "Diddy is broken" this early on is not the right mindset to have for a "competitive" player. Especially when Diddy is far less ridiculous than Brawl Meta Knight. People who think Diddy deserves his own tier at this point need to calm down a bit. Not even Brawl Meta Knight had his own tier at the beginning of Brawl's life cycle. Sheik was considered the best character in Melee for a while. The game changes. If a year down the road more tactics are discovered that make Diddy a truly broken character, then you have the right to complain about people using him.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"Exploit Diddy's weaknesses"
DO TELL.
WHAT ARE THESE, "WEAKNESSES" YOU SPEAK OF?

Grass

Smash Lord
Lol, at first I thought you said abomination. But yeah that's true.

yes
pls dont h8 me. wait what
you play vs. a diddy ok. you use dk, gimp his recovery and lol. that's how you beat diddy right?
it's not about gimping. Just be accurate with your attacks. Gimping requires accuracy. Something I'm terrible at, which is why I can never gimp properly lol. But that's beside the point. Point is, Diddy isn't hard, Usually if you're using a light to mid weight char you can Ko at around 100 120 ish.

D

Deleted member

"Exploit Diddy's weaknesses"
DO TELL.
WHAT ARE THESE, "WEAKNESSES" YOU SPEAK OF?
Burn the forest down and cover yourself in butter. He'll be unable to grab you because you'll be so slippery and he can't use bananas because you'll have burned them all down. Then you get him off stage and taunt a few times.

Or just simply out play your opponent but the days of that are long past

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Burn the forest down and cover yourself in butter. He'll be unable to grab you because you'll be so slippery and he can't use bananas because you'll have burned them all down. Then you get him off stage and taunt a few times.
But if I'm covered in butter, then won't I not only have ice physics, but also slide off the edges when I try to grab them?

D

Deleted member

The News Feed / Recent Activity really works. Gives you real-time stuff like a social network. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I see :4diddy: is god tier now.
False.

But if I'm covered in butter, then won't I not only have ice physics, but also slide off the edges when I try to grab them?
Edges? Pfft. You don't need to recover; Diddy will die first. And if you land on the stage, you'll live. Also ice physics? Pick a character with a good up smash, forward tilt, or forward smash and slide all over. It'll be just like WEEVDESCHING!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
False.

Edges? Pfft. You don't need to recover; Diddy will die first. And if you land on the stage, you'll live. Also ice physics? Pick a character with a good up smash, forward tilt, or forward smash and slide all over. It'll be just like WEEVDESCHING!
Oh okay. Wait... Where am I gonna get that much butter? Burning the forest down is no problem, I can always blame @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 for that, but the butter is gonna be a real problem...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's a common recipe

Even chef Ramsay made his version of it
But I hate brussel sprouts.... I guess I had the crappy ones as a kid, Are those you made crispy? I would try those
I know what it was, they boiled them so they ****ing stunk and were all soft

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made it specifically because the infamy of brussels sprouts and how I hated them as a kid.

Brussels sprouts reportedly only taste bad when it's made wrong

The ones I made are actually pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom