• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So Sakurai asks you to add a new DLC character into the fray for Super Smash Bros. However, he sets a limit: it can only be a retro character, and a newcomer. What's your pick?

My personal pick is between Sukapon and Mach Rider.
Takamaru :4dk:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So Sakurai asks you to add a new DLC character into the fray for Super Smash Bros. However, he sets a limit: it can only be a retro character, and a newcomer. What's your pick?

Excitebiker.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Muddy Mole.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I liked Mater though.

Am I too late on the Disneytalk?
_______

On the topic of Disney villains:

I still think Zira was one of the few good villains in from one of the Direct-To-Video sequels. The Lion King II could've been better as a whole but it was still pretty good. Zira was one of the best parts I felt, including her song "My Lullaby".

Her death also has a bit of interesting trivia (spoilers for those who haven't seen it)

in the final film while hanging from the cliff Kiara tries to help Zira up even after all she's done, but she eventually slips and falls, being conflicted over whether she would rather fall than survive as the latter would mean she would be siding with the pridelanders and betraying her loyalty to Scar.

However, in the original draft rather than not deciding before it was too late, after a few moments she outright decided that she would never side with the pridelanders saying "No.... Never" to Kiara in a low tone and determined manner, before purposely letting go of the ledge, effectively committing suicide. Supposedly the line and suicide act were cut and altered because some considered it to be "too dark", unfortunately. I felt the old version of her death would've far better suited her character considering everything else she does in the film, even shamelessly threatening to kill her own daughter (directly to her might I add) when she decides to side with the pridelanders near the end of the film.

A partially animated sketch still exists of this scene, accompanied by the score used for the stampede scene in the first film:

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Soul.

I have a better idea. instead of asking for retro characters, let's ask them to put in Goku!

D

Deleted member

I have a better idea. instead of asking for retro characters, let's ask them to put in Goku!
And Naruto, Ichigo, Luffy, and every other anime character you can think of. Then it'll be the best game ever :troll:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Excitebiker.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Balloon Fighter.

And don't you goddamn tell me that Villager's Up B would make him irrelevant
Tons of Characters share Up B moves.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
On the topic of Disney, I went to a Disney themed birthday party yesterday wearing a Stitch hat and carrying a lightsaber. Most people dressed as Mickey or Minnie. Needless to say, I got a compliment for my hat.

For character DLC, I'd say Anna as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I presume you like Fantasy Life then? Would you recommend it? I was thinking of buying it sometime soon.
yeah I recommended it but if you are second guessing yourself on getting it, I would think not getting it until you plant your foot down if you really want it or not. But it is a really good game
Excitebiker, borrowing elements from Mach Rider.
I must ask, why do that always ride bikes in smash? I know Wario rides a bike, but he isn't on it all game.
A better idea, dont add Goku and Add Ringabel

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
who/what exactly is that?
Only the best non-Ice Climbers choice for retro DLC!

Digging mechanic, stage control with the iron ball, digging traps, and cabbages. And cool shade.

He's also a mole who killed the ****ing SUN!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Guys i'm in a bit of a predicament, on one hand i want to play against you to get better, but on the other hand my internet is rather bad and most of the time the match ends up disconnecting beofre it ends.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just tried out Secrets of Grindea and it's fun. Supposedly, it's a parody and an homage to old school games like 3D Dot Game Heroes. So, Zelda and Secret of Mana plus humor. Sure, why not. I never played Secret of Mana, though...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I must ask, why do that always ride bikes in smash? I know Wario rides a bike, but he isn't on it all game.
What?
Are you saying you dont see the appeal of a guy riding an awesome motorbike attacking using motorcycle tricks and ramming into people?

I don't care, I want her.
Is that how it is?
In that case, my most wanted retro newcomer is Ghirahim.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Digging mechanic, stage control with the iron ball, digging traps, and cabbages. And cool shade.

In other words, the mole from Mole Mania, a Gameboy game produced by Miyamoto.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Eeeehhhhhhh
I still like Balloon Fighter better.
Muddy Mole VS Balloon Fighter, Settle it IN SMASH!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It isn't an anime character without Goku. ._.
Ringabel is anime enough

also he isn't from a show that has an annoying Voice for the main character
What?
Are you saying you dont see the appeal of a guy riding an awesome motorbike attacking using motorcycle tricks and ramming into people?
No I....do not. Wario already does that. He can also eat his own bike so yeah

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Further on the Disney topic I went to Disneyland for my birthday a few months back. I'd like to see it sometime in January as I THINK they still have Christmas decor and events for at least a few days during that month (and I more likely than not won't have any time to visit it this month either). With even more festive and beautiful decor, a Nightmare Before Christmas-themed Haunted Mansion, Christmas being celebrated everywhere around the park in general, and it being open up until midnight, I feel Disneyland is at it's absolute finest during the holiday season.

_____

As for a Retro DLC newcomer:

Bubbles pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom