• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know...

This is pretty much everyone in existence, right?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Guys, I started watching Nichijou

I AM 2 MINUTES AND 21 SECONDS IN

I JUST REACHED THE OPENING CREDITS

AND I AM CONFUSED BEYOND BELIEF, BUT IN A GOOD WAY THAT I HAVEN'T FELT IN A LOOONG TIME

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Guys, I started watching Nichijou

I AM 2 MINUTES AND 21 SECONDS IN

I JUST REACHED THE OPENING CREDITS

AND I AM CONFUSED BEYOND BELIEF, BUT IN A GOOD WAY THAT I HAVEN'T FELT IN A LOOONG TIME
Deer. That is all. People who've seen Nichijou will know what I'm talking about.

Do watch Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. It's basically the boy's version of Nichijou. Dragon Quest is involved. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Warriors are just pawns fighting for fake ideals created by tyrants as a means of control

If you think you're fighting for something greater, you're willing to give your life for your cause

The more passionate you are about this created ideal, the easier you are to control

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
For the longest time I was using some fancy Bluetooth wireless mouse that was really annoying to operate. I'm happy to say that I've switched back to the good old wired mouse today and it feels so much better.

Now I must retire to my bed. Goodnight everyone.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just watched the new episode of SAO II. Dem feels. ;_;

Also, went to a birthday party that was being held at a friend's house with Smash Bros...we didn't get to play Smash Bros because we spent the whole time playing Disney trivia, Catchphrase, and telephone pictionary. My friend also offered to let me borrow Xenoblade, but I'll be out of town in 6 days...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Deer. That is all. People who've seen Nichijou will know what I'm talking about.

Do watch Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou. It's basically the boy's version of Nichijou. Dragon Quest is involved. ;)
Well, I just saw a Game Boy and a Virtual Boy, so I wouldn't be surprised. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I know that we've strayed off the topic of Yandere, but a thought occurred to me....

What if.....the unwitting token of a Yandere's affection was someone within the protective tropes? (I.e. Papa Wolf, Mama Bear, Big Brother Instinct, etc.) ....which would be worse? The Yandere, or the one whose friends/loved ones the Yandere threatened and/or harmed?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just got finished watching Summer Wars on Toonami, that was a really fun movie, though I couldn't help wondering if Diaboromon was going to pop up as the final form of that AI. XD

I know that we've strayed off the topic of Yandere, but a thought occurred to me....

What if.....the unwitting token of a Yandere's affection was someone within the protective tropes? (I.e. Papa Wolf, Mama Bear, Big Brother Instinct, etc.) ....which would be worse? The Yandere, or the one whose friends/loved ones the Yandere threatened and/or harmed?
I'd be more scared of the family members, they'll do anything to protect those they love, even if it means taking down a loved crazed maniac.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Didn't they make a movie about that?

Called like Obsessed or something

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I should really start up on Soul Eater again.

I watched the first episode (the English dub) a few days back and thoroughly enjoyed it. I look forward to see what the next few episodes have in store.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I just found out that Ganondorf's voice actor also voices Tingle... From now on, I shall only refer to Ganondorf as Demon King Tingle.

Morbi

Scavenger
Warriors are just pawns fighting for fake ideals created by tyrants as a means of control

If you think you're fighting for something greater, you're willing to give your life for your cause

The more passionate you are about this created ideal, the easier you are to control
That being said, if the pawn believes in that ideal, is it truly "fake?" The aspect of control is not entirely relevant as one can never truly manipulate someone into doing something that they want to do. Even if they want to do it under false pretenses of another.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Just got finished watching Summer Wars on Toonami, that was a really fun movie, though I couldn't help wondering if Diaboromon was going to pop up as the final form of that AI. XD
I'm watching that now, it's really enticing for some reason.

Those "digital scenes" definitely reminded me of Digimon too lol.

Where muh viruses at?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That being said, if the pawn believes in that ideal, is it truly "fake?" The aspect of control is not entirely relevant as one can never truly manipulate someone into doing something that they want to do. Even if they want to do it under false pretenses of another.
Well, you can't really take your ideal to the grave

and even if the people around you remember under a title, you'll eventually be forgotten

Dying for your ideas and no one to remember it gives it ephemeral value at best

If nothing else it's artificially inflated value

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just watched the new episode of SAO II. Dem feels. ;_;

Also, went to a birthday party that was being held at a friend's house with Smash Bros...we didn't get to play Smash Bros because we spent the whole time playing Disney trivia, Catchphrase, and telephone pictionary. My friend also offered to let me borrow Xenoblade, but I'll be out of town in 6 days...
The latest episode was like ;_;

But thankfully we all know Kirito's device will be exactly what she needs. :D

I'd be more scared of the family members, they'll do anything to protect those they love, even if it means taking down a loved crazed maniac.
SUMMER WARS! <3

I watched it as part of the research I did into my major work. I really enjoyed it =D

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Meanwhile, Luggy is doing some FG matches on the 3Ds. Here's his reaction :

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah... I probably should :p Also GGO = SAO 2
Kind of, SAO II also encompasses the Mother's Rosario story arc, so there's something to that.

GGO is fun, slower than the old stuff but still has danger attached to it. The first part of the mother's rosario arc is just 'lets go get some ridiculously rare item' but i'm enjoying the new part now because sadness ;_;

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Dat feel when you want to sleep but a movie won't let you....

Meanwhile, Luggy is doing some FG matches on the 3Ds. Here's his reaction :
To avoid getting mad, I usually just turn on troll mode. Like, I was playing earlier with the tag "PLAY-MELEE" while using Roy :troll:.

I do dislike how easy it is to get mad in FG though.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Dat feel when you want to sleep but a movie won't let you....

To avoid getting mad, I usually just turn on troll mode. Like, I was playing earlier with the tag "PLAY-MELEE" while using Roy :troll:.

I do dislike how easy it is to get mad in FG though.
I ain't mad, I just find people on this mode really bad at Smash.
Like seeing Toon Links doing there DownA over and over again, thinking that one day I won't use my shield. And then they don't know what a Fludd is. And when I spike them, they are all like :

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Like seeing Toon Links doing there DownA over and over again, thinking that one day I won't use my shield. And then they don't know what a Fludd is. And when I spike them, they are all like :

When I give no sympathy whatsoever to said players.
also yes i love this show holy cow

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Oh, thooooose kind of players. One of them netted me an 18 second game against his Little Mac.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I've found a guy on FG who legitimetely put lag inputs to win the game. He then spams his DownB because he also got lag input (idiot). He killed himself once. I then spammed my fireballs and he died because he fell of the stage and couldn't return because of his lag input shenanigans. Poor guy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I used the Hammers.
But for this game it's for good reason.
I AAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNN'T CLEARING 100-MAN SMASH WITH ALL FIGHTERS JUST TO GET A TROPHY OF OW THE EDGE
AND I AAIIIIIIIIINNNN'T DOING 110 KOs IN 3-MINUTE SMASH WHEN MY RECORD WAS 105 JUST TO GET AN EQUIPMENT ITEM
AND I'M JUST TOO LAZY TO DO STREETSMASH AND I DIDN'T WANNA HAVE ONE HAMMER SITTING THERE
Pffftt.... Real men do all challenges and use no hammers.

I'm almost done with the challenges and haven't used any hammer yet. I don't plan on using them either.

@Opossum That song from that video with all pics of the day is from the Super Smash Bros. fan album, Harmony of Heroes.

It's the song titled "Harmony of Heroes" and is a medley of several ending themes from Nintendo games. I recognized a few of them, mainly the Wind Waker ending. I didn't notice FEA's ending theme, though. Might give it a second listen. :p

You can check about that album here: http://www.harmonyofheroes.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom