• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I must've accidentally come off the bus as too much of a Mega Man hater in thekewlusername's eyes. That or it was the funny fake leaks I always posted

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
LOL at Christians labeling Bayonetta 2 as sexist and demonic for their tastes. I believe in God and you don't see me condemned that game since violence it a part of human nature and it's normal for humans to have a sense of sexuality.
I'm atheist and I think Bayonetta 2 is sexist and demonic.
Spoiler: I actually don't, I just don't really like it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I must've accidentally come off the bus as too much of a Mega Man hater in thekewlusername's eyes. That or it was the funny fake leaks I always posted
Don't worry, buddy. You're okay in my book.

LOL at Christians labeling Bayonetta 2 as sexist and demonic for their tastes. I believe in God and you don't see me condemning that game since violence is a part of human nature and it's normal for humans to have a sense of sexuality.
It's just Christians asking for attention. Just watch, a couple of months after Smash 3DS release, PETA discovers the game and goes berserk at Nintendo for letting humans beating animals up. I hope they make a game like they did for their demonstration against Black and White. That was an enjoyable game.

Last edited:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I just want to say that THIS FIRDAY IS GOING TO SLAY!!!

All these other games are basics compared to smash right now. I can just imagine the rush of hype pouring out and how crazy Smashboards is gonna be. Honestly, Friday will be such a historic day for video games

AFTER YEARS OF SPECULATIONS, AMAZEMENT, AND WAITING IT'S ALMOST HERE!! All speculation will end, our questions will be answered, and WE WILL LEARN ALL OF WHAT THIS NEW SMASH BRINGS!
I'm ready Sakurai. . . bless us with this game! #imready

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
By unpopular demand! The "fanfic"!

So, let me begin with this. Yes, it's Sonic related. Because my young mind was apparently obsessed with it despite playing only one or two games based off of it (or heck, maybe none at all). Sonic Advance 3 and whatever flash games I could find on the Internet. I did see a lot of the anime and the comics (especially the comics, for reasons you may know already after reading this), but other than that I was as far from Sonic as I could be.

I also never wrote this down. (Because I guess DeviantART just could not hold this "epic" fic. They got off lucky.) So everything you see here is from my memory. So that's why it's a little jumbled up and all over the place. It's pretty much a fic before the fic, ideas. Stupid ideas, but ideas nonetheless.

So let's start with everyone's favorite subject: Original Characters. Because every good fanfic needs one of those. Otherwise it would be incomplete. And surprise surprise little MVG had one too. Granted he always thought otherwise, but kids don't really know any better. So how broken is he? Well...

For starters, the character is named Aura (or Matthew. And his last name or nickname would be Aura. Did I mention this is all jumbled?), a light blue fox recolor, who would change color depending on his mood (you know, like one of those mood rings you get at the souvenir shop). I believe he was in his later teens. And yes, I thought it was original. Why on Earth I would think that I couldn't tell ya. He might have been a Freedom Fighter. But it's been so long I forgot.

He had fire/electricity/wind/whatever I thought was cool at the time. Rarely wind though, because in my head I thought wind was stupid. Generally it was fire. But I didn't want to give him too much, otherwise he would be too overpowered. (Because that's the worst part about him. Clearly.) He also had two swords and was a ninja. For the extra "kewl" factor.

Ironically though one would expect for me to make him the main character. But in reality he wasn't. Sure he had the focus at times, but really, it was on Tails. Tails was the main star. Aura was
He would've lived with Tails (and possibly his parents, either that or they were dead. I wouldn't be surprised). He also might have been his brother/cousin. Just for that extra topping of Sueness that this masterpiece of crap was missing. But that's not all, as the little yellow fox was not safe either.

See, when I was younger, I used to love Tails. And I don't mean love, I mean really love. To me, Tails was the greatest video game character that ever lived. Heck, maybe the the greatest fictional character who ever lived. All my usernames had Tails in it, my DS name was Tails, I saw a lot of Tails fanart (and on DeviantART no less. Unaware of the demons that hide), any game with Tails in it you bet I played as him, and though while I never had any merchandise of said character, you can bet I wanted it. So naturally, when I decided to make a fanfic, of course I would make him the main focus. Because being biased was so cool back in the day. And like Aura, he too was a Marty Stu, or Canon Stu. Whatever works...

Tails, like Aura, had powers as well. And he would take the opposite power of Aura. If the former had fire, the latter had electricity and vice versa. I guess this was meant to make diversity, but due to how I made him (a tough character with "total attitude") you could have easily interchanged the two and it wouldn't have made a difference.

Turbo Tails (or Super Tails) was a thing. Can't remember which one. And I guess they would have acted the same way as in the comics. I also remember the Chosen One plot point having some relevance. (In the Archie comics, Tails became a living Deux Ex Machina was being the Chosen One meant to bring the Great Harmony. His main form was Turbo Tails, which got a progressively lazier design as time went on. And Titan Tails was there also, we try to forget that one. Oh, and and him and Shadow are to blame for the Chaos Emeralds being in the special stages. I'll let that sink in.) I also remember at one point giving him a super form called Master Tails. I don't remember too much about this one, so I assumed I ditched the idea sometime down the road. Another form was named Dark Tails (Guess what I was inspired by? Not Dark Sonic!). Who had evil powers (you know it's evil because it's dark). You know, for the edginess.

Ironically I didn't really give one to Aura. Which is ironic knowing his role. Maybe I did give one him however, but I can't remember. Knowing me I probably did (, just what it was exactly is the question. Hopefully I never find the answer.

Now for some honorable mentions that I like to call the "Other" category. In other words, any other character that's not the two above.

Aura (a part of me dies every time I have to type that) had brothers named Bartholomew and Andrew (who I guess I didn't really care about). And before you ask, yes, I named them after Bible characters. Because I thought the names sounded cool. Like their brother they were foxes. Though I'm not sure in they were light blue or realy any shade of blue. I didn't pay too much attention to details.

His older brother Barfolomew was evil, and had an empire. Or possibly good then turned to evil. I do remember the empire however. But anything else other than the fact it exists (except for him being in the military). He was in his twenties. And I guess Aura would've fought him in the finale. But other than that not much else. Beginning to see a pattern here?

His younger brother Andy was either evil then good or good then evil just like the other brother. But I think it was the former. I remember him being somewhat of a mastermind though. Much like Aura he too was a ninja. But much like his brother I didn't focus too much on details and such.

The other respective villains didn't really get much characteristics. The only thing to note was one man who had the ability to manipulate food (oh the loopholes and contexts this would have to face).

Other characters that didn't really have a role were a "funny" guy. Who at one point would tell secrets about the characters. I guess he was the comic relief. Or at least, as funny as an ten year old kid could be. A poacher and his bumbling sidekick. Aura's trainer (who would later train Tails as well). And a Yoshi (because where Tails was the greatest video game character who ever lived, Yoshi was a close second). I would assume either a black or white one. Because those were the best.

Friends named Sakura Uto and Naru Chia (Guess what I was inspired by?). And they lived in the Hidden Mountain Village (How about now?). Like many of the others, I didn't really put much character in them.

Truth is, other than Aura and Tails, I didn't focus on the other characters as much (as I've been implying). This was very much a fic primarily built with Tails (and Aura) in mind. Rather than anyone else. Which is why you haven't seen characters like Sonic or the others pop up and long paragraphs of said former characters. Because in all honesty I didn't care for them.

But who cares about Stus, how did the plot hold up?

Sonic would have found him lying on the beach somewhere. I don't remember why, but he did. I assume I wanted him to be mysterious with a mysterious past. Because why not. I already killed powers and background, why not continuity?

I guess at one point he either took something or was framed for a crime (I don't think young MVG knew as well). So he was banished, and then they wanted to kill him. Because I guess he was too evil to be left alone. I suppose it was neat bounty, as the two equally unoriginal friends wanted him dead as well. And yes, at one point they had to go back, and make sure his real identity was not known. The relationship got better though.

Midway through the story Tails would leave and Aura would take his place. Tails would've gone to Angel Island. Presumably for training to be a warrior (yes that's still a thing). And Aura would fill his spot. There might have been some other things in that happened, but I can't remember. What I do remember however is the aftermath. Where Tails finally learns his true power and even gains fire manipulation/the other ones I mentioned.

There would have been a part in the story where Sonic and Tails fought (in other words an adaptation of House of Cards. The Sonic story arc which was about the same thing), and naturally it was word for word. Along with some new stuff thrown in (like insults that only a ten year old who didn't know what swearing was would think of). And if I remember correctly this is the reason for why he leaves for Angel Island. Now, one could say that this makes absolutely no sense, which I would reply with a question asking if they saw the other bits.

They would've had the final battle in some fortress, where they have to fight off the other villains. Aura would have fought off his brother. I'm assuming the other characters would also help with the other villains, leaving Tails with the mastermind. (Who I think had a name.) Essentially he would have been a monstrous figure and a large threat.

Aura would later help chip in with the fight. And later taking a hit that would have killed Tails, and dies. ...You know, I didn't really like that much didn't I? Think about it. We was pushed to the side, he didn't really get anything cool (or at least, in my head nowadays), and I kill him off. Christ, what did he do?
Though, because of this Tails is able to save the day with some Kamehamehadoken attack. And even later on, it would be revealed that Aura never died, and got better. Good, because where would we be without him? A better series I would assume.

But wait! Isn't there anything else?

Now, you may remember that I said I never wrote it down. Yeah, there's a reason for that. I wanted it to be an animated franchise. I wanted this to be a well-made famous cartoon meant for the masses on Youtube. Now, before you bash your heads against a wall trying to forget the idea of this piece of crap could even be a popular series (especially since it was meant to be taken dead serious, no irony intended). Let me say this, use Brain Bleach. It's much more effective than bashing your idea. It also causes less pain. Just saying. I mean really, the only way this excuse of an idea could work is if it was a parody of awful fanfics. It would never work as a serious project.

But the icing on the cake is I had plans on making let's plays with "characters" (AKA the actors) from said animated series. Clearly I knew it would be such a big hit, that why not?! Let's have said ten-year play video games for the masses! And maybe, just maybe Retsupurae will pick up on it, because it's the only way it would make any good from it.

Now, if you excuse me, I need a moment to get all this out of my head.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Really? You always made fun of me for all of my past avatars
To be fair, I never made fun of your avatars. But yes, you seem like a pretty cool guy/girl. Using you as a stooge is just a little game I play to cool off. If you want me to stop, just tell me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's disappointing, as I read your story as:
I just went and bought a frappuchino
But my dog jumped on me and knocked it all over the floor
I'm considering sacrificing her to the red moon and getting a chihuahua next time.
I HATE little dogs

They look like they are going to pee on you all the time

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So much Pikachu...

I have no gifs, so just have insanely cute Pikachu.

This would make a nice avi, actually.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's just Christians asking for attention. Just watch, a couple of months after Smash 3DS release, PETA discovers the game and goes berserk at Nintendo for letting humans beating animals up. I hope they make a game like they did for their demonstration against Black and White. That was an enjoyable game.
Super Murder Bros by PETA? I'll gladly enjoy it if it were to happen since I loved the Mario Kills the Tanooki game. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
LOL at Christians labeling Bayonetta 2 as sexist and demonic for their tastes. I believe in God and you don't see me condemning that game since violence is a part of human nature and it's normal for humans to have a sense of sexuality.
Something tells me it's more so the jealousy that those extremists can't make a halfway decent video game and are using it as a scapegoat for their propaganda.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
5000th Post
I know I'm not the first to do this. But what the heck, why not. Normally, I don't these kind of things but I thought now would be a decent time to do so. I guess I should give some shout-outs, to random internet people I hardly know, but are still cool in my book. That's what these "fancy shmancy" post are supposed to do.

@SSBF / @鉄腕アトム: You're the biggest Mega Man supporter around this place and you were pretty insightful on the character. And you're pretty chill.

@Moon Monkey: When I get the game, you're one of first people I want to fight. I feel like I could learn a thing or two about getting good.

@ Kenith Kenith : You're a cool dude. I'm looking forward to fighting you too whenever I get the game.

@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon / @Vegito2727: You're also a cool dude. And ain't no one like you 'cept you. And another Dragon Ball fan. Everybody knows Gohan and Vegeta are the best Saiyans.

@MorbidAltruism: You're usually pretty funny. Not to mention you give out likes like it's your job. But of course everybody knows that. Keep the pimp hand strong with JigglyPuff.

@ Gunla Gunla , @IsmaR, @FalKoopa, and @Swampasaur: You guys are really cool mods. Kind of feel about some of the internet drama you guys probably deal with.

@ Digital Hazard Digital Hazard : You're new. But you're funny and you like Spider-Man. So that's something to go on.

@Smooth Criminal: You've got a top tier username. Making the rest of us look bad. :chuckle:

@Dark Phazon: You're always spitting that real talk. Keep doing that.

@Tornado_Man, @Sapphire Dragon, @Ridley_Prime, @ScatmansWorld25, @Wariofan1, @HyperFalcon, @PLATINUM7 @MaskO'Gears, @lonekonwolf, @8-peacock-8 and @Kermit the Ninja: You guys are cool too. I hope to fight you ladies and gentlemen when the game drops.

@n88_2004: You're a pretty creative dude. Keep up with the cool movesets.

@Pacack : You convinced me that Pac-Man could be hype.

@APC99 and @legendofrob1: Why aren't you guys mods yet? I think you'd be good for the job. Just don't go too crazy with power. :p

@SchAlternate: You're a crazy talented artist. Keep doing what you do.

@Louie G.: Where have you been?

@ Substitution Substitution : Hello there sir. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

OK. After that wall of text, I'm done. That was probably the most unneeded amount of tags ever. So sorry about that. To any one who didn't get mentioned, you're alright too. Either that or I didn't think you'd give a crap anyway. Which ever works for you.
0.gif

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm atheist and I think Bayonetta 2 is sexist and demonic.
Spoiler: I actually don't, I just don't really like it.
I'm agnostic and I found Bayonetta unentertaining and not worth the rental.
The two are in no way related, I'm just following the template.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Raichu used Thunderbolt!

It's super effective! Kenith's Crobat fainted!
Just make that Shiny, give it Volt Tackle, Rock Smash, Thief and Facade and you have my right-hand man-friend.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Never been a GT fan, but that song's catchy.

Moar music, anyone?

Hideki Naganuma?
I suggest listening to this; it's an absolutely great piece of work by him.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Something tells me it's more so the jealousy that those extremists can't make a halfway decent video game and are using it as a scapegoat for their propaganda.
I'd totally played a well made religious extremist game. If only for the novelty of it. But extremists tend to suck a entertainment for reasons I don't really understand.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So, if Super Bash Sisters was an actual thing, what do you think the roster would be?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, if Super Bash Sisters was an actual thing, what do you think the roster would be?
Peach
Rosalina
Daisy
Zelda
Sheik
Impa
Jigglypuff (implied female)
Clefairy (implied female)
Female Pikachu
Palutena
Viridi/Medusa
Female Robin
Lucina
Lyn/Micaiah
Female Villager
Krystal
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dixie Kong
Female Wii Fit Trainer
Nana (solo)
Female Mii
Jody Summer
Ashley (EDIT)
Lip (EDIT 2)

...I think.

Although it's already a thing:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I....Um....I'm not editing the post again. Next time, I'll add you.
The damage is already done.
Your reservation is terminated.
Expect the same feels.
I'm mad.
[angry comment w/"sentence enhancers"]
You promised
[internal death threats intesify]

000000.gif

EDIT : I'm not really upset,but I do hold grudges,and I'm actually never putting you in my honors now because of this. kk.

Last edited:

Soul.

Just make that Shiny, give it Volt Tackle, Rock Smash, Thief and Facade and you have my right-hand man-friend.
Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Grass Knot / Volt Switch.
Where's the right hand now.
Also, lol I just found this:

Piplup was in Brawl as a Poké Ball Pokémon. Piplup is replaced in Smash 4 by Oshawott.
Pikachu sad.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I am back! Did you miss me? I finally have my computer back so I am thinking of making a new avatar.... What image should I modify that is related to LoZ? Any ideas?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Peach
Rosalina
Daisy
Zelda
Sheik
Impa
Jigglypuff (implied female)
Clefairy (implied female)
Female Pikachu
Palutena
Viridi/Medusa
Female Robin
Lucina
Lyn/Micaiah
Female Villager
Krystal
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dixie Kong
Female Wii Fit Trainer
Nana (solo)
Female Mii
Jody Summer

...I think.

Although it's already a thing:
What about Saki Amamiya?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Grass Knot / Volt Switch.
Where's the right hand now.
Also, lol I just found this:

Piplup was in Brawl as a Poké Ball Pokémon. Piplup is replaced in Smash 4 by Oshawott.
Pikachu sad.
I'm sorry that my Raichu used to be a Jolly, Spring 2010 HG/SS Event, Shiny Pichu with Volt Tackle.
Fate just made it like that. >:[

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Peach
Rosalina
Daisy
Zelda
Sheik
Impa