• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Everybody knows that the most feared character is skinny, green Mario.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Look out, look out, a new Japanese Tier List for 1.0.4 is about

:laugh:
So, we can say that Japan has less problems with Rosalina and Mac than us but have more problems with...characters that we still have hard time to fight...
Yeah, I think Japan still have some steps over us in terms of discovery and stuff. Or maybe it's just the playstyle there. It's like with competitibe Pokemon : Japan plays defensive while America plays offensive.
But still :

Why does Greninja, Mac and Captain Falcon are so low compared to other "threatening characters".

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So I was looking at my game collection, and I realized that my list of favorite Nintendo series has changed this year.
My Top 10:
1)The Legend of Zelda
2)Super Mario
3)Fire Emblem
4)Pokemon
5)StarFox
6)Pikmin
7)Donkey Kong
8)Kirby
9)Mother
10)Metroid

Since they're aren't any other major Nintendo games coming out this year, what would your guys' list be?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So, we can say that Japan has less problems with Rosalina and Mac than us but have more problems with...characters that we still have hard time to fight...
Yeah, I think Japan still have some steps over us in terms of discovery and stuff. Or maybe it's just the playstyle there. It's like with competitibe Pokemon : Japan plays defensive while America plays offensive.
But still :

Why does Greninja, Mac and Captain Falcon are so low compared to other "threatening characters".
Japan does not know the "Way of the Falcon".

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Also as someone who mains Lucina, she's definetely not low-t, she's C at least.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Look out, look out, a new Japanese Tier List for 1.0.4 is about

:laugh:
Pit being above DP was pretty much all I wanted (sorry @Frostwraith ), along with Palutena not being bottom anymore.

But really, the game is still too young. I'd say wait 6 months, when mid April 2015 comes, then we'll see how it changes. My general wishes are that regular Pit gets attention, and Palutena is around mid tier like I wished her to be, because I know she's a nice character with potential.
The only top tier I can tolerate is ZSS.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sigh... this song would've been perfect for the GAMER stage.

Siiiiiiiiiiigh... under-appreciated.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I really wish there was more Wario Land love in smash. That's the series that made me like Wario not WarioWare....

I also hope a real Paper Mario game is revealed!

Last edited:

Soul.

:4luigi:>:4mario:
Luigi still surpassed his brother.
Except in 64...
That's because Luigi has down throw shenanigans. Down throw -> Forward air could be his forte.
Mario in Smash 4 is a huge improvement when you compare him to Brawl Mario.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm honestly shocked they gave us a Wario Land song

but of course it just had to be the very first stage song of Shake it. Not that it's a bad song... but come on, that's it?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Nichijou was fantastic

I wish they made a season 2
Indeed.
I'm watching it, I'm near the end of it. And by god, I need to say this : the level of humour is near, if not at the same level, Charlie Chaplin, a literal god in my eyes. But I'll say more about the show and how perfect it is tommorow, after I've finished it.

Naoshi

They allowed one song from Wario-Land: Shake It! I assume only because it was released between Brawl's release and Smash 4.
And it's the song that was remixed into Wario's victory in both Brawl and this game.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
As a human being, I have a hard time understanding our species.

And with this, I urge you to look at my signature. Right below the gifs.
There are some things we'll never understand of our species. There's going to be mysteries that will never be solved, no matter how hard scientists try to figure things out, and that's okay. I think these mysteries are just one aspect that makes humanity beautiful, y'know? general stupidity, though, well that's another story

Of course, it's hard for a curious person like me. I always try to look for answers and theories to explain "why" and "how" things work. But, some time ago my biology tutor was trying to answer a bunch of "why" questions I kept asking that had to do with the human body. He gave some theories but in the end he ultimately said, "Croph, there are some questions that we'll never find answers to". Well, my mindset kinda changed after that, however, I STILL THIRST FOR ANSWERS one day my curiosity's gonna get me killed, I bet

It's no wonder I went into psychology. Man, I was so happy when I bought my 800 page psychology textbook in uni. I seriously read that book before bed sometimes. Not because I have to, but because I want to. Heck, I read the same chapters over and over again because there's so many things I find fascinating, and it's fun learning various trivia that's probably meaningless. Plus, there's all the references and studies that the book gives, which is good to look for after.

Also, reading the quote in your signature.... It seems like you may enjoy this journal book:

Basically, the book comes with a bunch of blank pages where you could write (or vent) about how your day's been and rate how you feel about humanity that certain day (thumbs up, thumbs down, peace sign, or fingers crossed). Researchers recommend you write at least 5-10 min almost daily, expressing how you're feeling as it may reduce stress and help you live a more healthy life. Plus, the book comes with a ton of quotes about human stupidity, including the one in your sig.

Here's some of my faves: "Such is the human race. Often it does seem such a pity that Noah... didn't miss the boat" and "When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it". :chuckle:

Oh don't worry, I won't befriend you since I'd rather not talk to a "A Girl from Mars" (A reference from one of Shokio's videos). But that didn't stop me from befriending a Canadian guy that finds Hitler cool. :laugh:

Now the new avatar totally looks like my cat from that angle, nice change too.

Wally, I can tell that the developers were intentionally sexualizing him in this game since he's showing more skin than the ladies this time. :troll:
"A Girl from Mars", now I'm curious to what that reference is.

Speaking of character redesigns... makes me think about all the potential awesome redesigns we'll see once the Gen IV remakes come out... Oh, Riley, you could be my battle partner any day. :smirk:

Naoshi

I was actually planning to recreate that stage in the Stage Builder

but given how barebones it is + the lack of a replaceable song (or lack of music from the 4 original Wario Land games) just irritated me.

Well then. Guess I just got pranked. Interesting.
I'm glad I'm not known enough to get pranked `O`

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The nostalgia...IT BUUUUUUUUURNS!

I still need to play Wario World
Never touched Wario World. Quite frankly, the freaky stuff in that game sways me not to...

I've only played Wario Land 4 and The Shake Dimension. I grew up on Wario Land 4. I played it recently and still think it holds up as a neat portable title.

Shake Dimension was plenty fun as well. Although I found the level environments more modular and unmemorable compared to Wario Land 4. The bosses were fun, at least.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*sees Falco's Japan tier placement*

I noticed that too, but it's also in the SF4 model as well.
I'm pretty sure that's just where the endpoint of her breast though, considering there's no 'bulge' when viewed from the side.
Regardless, Chun-li's kind of hot.
Prepare to eat those words. :p

Well, at least SFV makes people not looks so 'roided up and super chunky.

Now my font is unreadable

But apparently this color is "Tardis Blue"
It looks like red to me... ****, am I colorblind?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*sees Falco's Japan tier placement*

Prepare to eat those words. :p

Well, at least SFV makes people not looks so 'roided up and super chunky.

It looks like red to me... ****, am I colorblind?
I changed it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom