• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
There are some things we'll never understand of our species. There's going to be mysteries that will never be solved, no matter how hard scientists try to figure things out, and that's okay. I think these mysteries are just one aspect that makes humanity beautiful, y'know? general stupidity, though, well that's another story

Of course, it's hard for a curious person like me. I always try to look for answers and theories to explain "why" and "how" things work. But, some time ago my biology tutor was trying to answer a bunch of "why" questions I kept asking that had to do with the human body. He gave some theories but in the end he ultimately said, "Croph, there are some questions that we'll never find answers to". Well, my mindset kinda changed after that, however, I STILL THIRST FOR ANSWERS one day my curiosity's gonna get me killed, I bet

It's no wonder I went into psychology. Man, I was so happy when I bought my 800 page psychology textbook in uni. I seriously read that book before bed sometimes. Not because I have to, but because I want to. Heck, I read the same chapters over and over again because there's so many things I find fascinating, and it's fun learning various trivia that's probably meaningless. Plus, there's all the references and studies that the book gives, which is good to look for after.

Also, reading the quote in your signature.... It seems like you may enjoy this journal book:

Basically, the book comes with a bunch of blank pages where you could write (or vent) about how your day's been and rate how you feel about humanity that certain day (thumbs up, thumbs down, peace sign, or fingers crossed). Researchers recommend you write at least 5-10 min almost daily, expressing how you're feeling as it may reduce stress and help you live a more healthy life. Plus, the book comes with a ton of quotes about human stupidity, including the one in your sig.

Here's some of my faves: "Such is the human race. Often it does seem such a pity that Noah... didn't miss the boat" and "When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it". :chuckle:

"A Girl from Mars", now I'm curious to what that reference is.

Speaking of character redesigns... makes me think about all the potential awesome redesigns we'll see once the Gen IV remakes come out... Oh, Riley, you could be my battle partner any day. :smirk:

A Girl from Mars was a line that Shokio had used in his Gurl Gamer Video, referring to how a guy is so thirsty think about dating some beautiful lady they've found on the net that lives thousands of miles away. Sounds like an impossible theory that some of those guys actually believe that will work, in which it won't. :laugh:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Lol, the tier lists looks more like a quick observation than actual rankings; how the hell are the Pits not in the same tier? Also Link is way better than Tink in this game.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, looks like ffamran just go hit in the stomach and vomitted everywhere, you could say he got....... Smashed :shades:
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I just remembered that there's a fighting game where if someone gets hit in the stomach enough, they will throw up. I don't remember which, but I think it's Virtua Fighter.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
*Checks subject*
>Tier lists

Let me just leave a quote right here.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
Elite Four Karen, Pokemon Gold / Silver

Please, calm him, now.
Hardcore Iwata is hardcore.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

As we can see here, Ruby, like Link, has becomed more girly.

With that name, it's not surprising.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
Says the Generation that brought us Delibird and Unown.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
*Checks subject*
>Tier lists

Let me just leave a quote right here.

Hardcore Iwata is hardcore.
Elite 4 Karen also lost

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So, I finally decided to go and get Lugia, here's what I got with him:

31/xx/22-23/31/31/31

Overall, it's a really good spread, though Defense is a bit low. I'm probably going to keep him as I don't want to try my luck any further.

Most of the denizens in the Battle Resort would say otherwise. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because he's back again and it's about time too.

And this time he's in the mood.
He can fly real high with his jetpack on.
With his pistols out he's one tough Kong!

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

My favorite part was when they used the ASAP to locate the Dragon Balls in DisneyLand. That and the final battle against Hector in the Batcave.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
How you draw hunger? 'cuz that's exactly what I feel after what @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate posted.
Uhh, drawing hunger...

Well, maybe incorporate symbolism? "Hunger" is kind of an abstract thing in the world of art, since it's something you feel. But you can certainly represent such thing in a physical medium.

If it were me, I'd make something abstract, like painting a bunch of colours and shapes that could represent food, like orange with some green for carrots, and maybe colours that could represent various meats. Kinda like "if I'm hungry, these are the foods I think of" sort of thing. Maybe also drawing some crazy eyes in the background, glaring at the food. I mean, you could literally draw a person looking hungry and thinking about food too. It's up to you.

A Girl from Mars was a line that Shokio had used in his Gurl Gamer Video, referring to how a guy is so thirsty think about dating some beautiful lady they've found on the net that lives thousands of miles away. Sounds like an impossible theory that some of those guys actually believe that will work, in which it won't. :laugh:
Oh I see.

Yeah, I'm not sure how something like that will turn out. There's a difference between a long distance relationship and someone who just randomly wants to date someone online on the spot (which, I wouldn't find someone online, but at the very least, I'd take the time to know the person. Still, online can be a very sketchy thing). Of course, serious long distance relationships are a little bit harder to manage than normal ones, since they require a lot of dedication.

My sister told me her friend who's 15 is in one, with some girl he met online. I honestly don't know how I feel about that. When you're that young you have a lot of restrictions, like money and travelling. Hmm, at least, I should tell him that if he needs to talk about anything, I'm there (may be easier than with my sister, since they go to school together, plus I'm a lot older).

Last edited:

Soul.

So, I finally decided to go and get Lugia, here's what I got with him:

31/xx/22-23/31/31/31

Overall, it's a really good spread, though Defense is a bit low. I'm probably going to keep him as I don't want to try my luck any further.
What nature did you get for that Lugia?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Uhh, drawing hunger...

Well, maybe incorporate symbolism? "Hunger" is kind of an abstract thing in the world of art, since it's something you feel. But you can certainly represent such thing in a physical medium.

If it were me, I'd make something abstract, like painting a bunch of colours and shapes that could represent food, like orange with some green for carrots, and maybe colours that could represent various meats. Kinda like "if I'm hungry, these are the foods I think of" sort of thing. Maybe also drawing some crazy eyes in the background, glaring at the food. I mean, you could literally draw a person looking hungry and thinking about food too. It's up to you.
That would be me just taking different color crayons and just doing scribbles like a kid.... but then I may space out and accidentally draw something like a banana or something. I seem to actually try to draw when I space out

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realized something. Diddy Kong's a monkey. Sun Wukong is also a monkey and incredibly powerful unless restricted by the headband-thing. Son Goku from DBZ is based on Sun Wukong and in Japan, Sun Wukong is literally Son Goku. By the transitive property ... math happens... therefore, Diddy is a Saiyan and also, Goku's already in the game. No wonder Diddy's so OP. Since he's wearing a hat, we know what's his weakness. :p

As for Donkey Kong... He has no tail, he has no power. This Kong's gonna fail. :p
Diddy Kong, he has finally ascended to the next level. A Kong beyond a Kong. A Super Kong! The legends were true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom