• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So today's the Video Game Awards 2014... who remember last year when Nintendo promised to make a special announcement, and everybody and their motehr thugh it would be the world premiere of Zelda Wii U or a new Smash bros character and what did we get? Cranky Kong in Expand Dong Tropical Freeze.... lol the salt was real that day.
I remember that... Thank god I didn't expect anything big. lol I had a huge feeling it was gonna be just Cranky Kong.

Someone had prepared a "CRANKY KONG CONFIRMED" overlay with silly cranky kong gifs in their stream of VGA. It was great lmao

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So today's the Video Game Awards 2014... who remember last year when Nintendo promised to make a special announcement, and everybody and their motehr thugh it would be the world premiere of Zelda Wii U or a new Smash bros character and what did we get? Cranky Kong in Expand Dong Tropical Freeze.... lol the salt was real that day.
And that was still the most talked about, most hype thing at that award show.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Meanwhile that day I was just celebrating Cranky's reveal in Tropical Freeze and started listening to this song:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Was the best thing from the entire event!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Many people here said not to expect anything big, so I didn't expect anything amazing. The Cranky Kong reveal was something, still.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, the latest Wii U update still doesn't fix the glitch. I guess I'll be staying off the Wii U longer.
For once I'm not betting on any big announcement during a Nintendo Event.

Soul.

VGX 2013 was on either Saturday or Sunday. I don't remember. People expected Smash info but we got Expand Dong: Tropical Donkey.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So today's the Video Game Awards 2014... who remembers last year when Nintendo promised to make a special announcement, and everybody and their mother thought it would be the world premiere of Zelda Wii U or a new Smash bros character and what did we get? Cranky Kong in Expand Dong Tropical Freeze.... lol the salt was real that day.
Maybe we can get more Smash info

D

Deleted member

So today's the Video Game Awards 2014... who remembers last year when Nintendo promised to make a special announcement, and everybody and their mother thought it would be the world premiere of Zelda Wii U or a new Smash bros character and what did we get? Cranky Kong in Expand Dong Tropical Freeze.... lol the salt was real that day.
Indeed, salt was real. But I wasn't expecting something big, so yeah. VGX 2013 was (very) boring IMO, and I don't think I'll be watching the new one.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've never watched VGA, and from what I'm reading, I'm not going to pay attention to the one this year. Not enough hype for me.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Joel McHale being in VGA was kind of neat at least, he played the main character in Community which was a really cool show.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I called in sick today, because a doctor confirmed I DO have the flu and advised I stay out of work, even though my symptoms today are mostly gone. They said I'm still pretty contagious.

The managers at work are impossible to understand over the phone though and I had to keep asking them what they just said while I was trying to tell them I was sick

D

Deleted member

Joel McHale being in VGA was kind of neat at least, he played the main character in Community which was a really cool show.
I don't know why but people apparently dislike the actor with no reason being given. Could it be because of VGX?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The funny thing is, the manager almost sounded like he wanted me to come in even with the flu

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I noticed some characters in Smash Bros. have out-of-character moments. Especially FE characters.

:4lucina: - Respects Marth and admires his legendary feats. In Smash, you beat him as her and she sounds somewhat arrogant about defeating him.
:4robinm::4robinf: - They're more overconfident than usual in their victory poses. In FE:A, they were more modest and downplayed their achievements, displaying self-doubt especially after a major reveal.
:4myfriends: - Memetic as it may be, the "I fight for my friends" line sounds so off when you consider his portrayal in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
:4darkpit: - His Palutena's Guidance lines sound a bit off when considering that he becomes less of a jerk by KIU's ending and it's explicitly told that the game is set after KIU's ending.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If the VGA is going on, or at least the results are posted, let me know. I want to be humored on this cursed year.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
:4darkpit: - His Palutena's Guidance lines sound a bit off when considering that he becomes less of a jerk by KIU's ending and it's explicitly told that the game is set after KIU's ending.
He's Sakurai's character

and what he writes is canon

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Look out, look out, a new Japanese Tier List for 1.0.4 is about

:laugh:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I noticed some characters in Smash Bros. have out-of-character moments. Especially FE characters.

:4lucina: - Respects Marth and admires his legendary feats. In Smash, you beat him as her and she sounds somewhat arrogant about defeating him.
:4robinm::4robinf: - They're more overconfident than usual in their victory poses. In FE:A, they were more modest and downplayed their achievements, displaying self-doubt especially after a major reveal.
:4myfriends: - Memetic as it may be, the "I fight for my friends" line sounds so off when you consider his portrayal in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.
Smash isn't a canon game (Palutena's Guidance makes it arguable in KI universe).

It's like putting Mario and Bowser or Luigi and King Boo as team racers in Double Dash!!!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Looks like Japanese people aren't really good with Dr.Mario or even Mario.
And it doesn't surprise me that Diddy Kong is number one, he's the one to fear.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Smash isn't a canon game (Palutena's Guidance makes it arguable in KI universe).

It's like putting Mario and Bowser or Luigi and King Boo as team racers in Double Dash!!!
I'm aware of Smash not being canon, but it's still odd.

On the Mario teams with Bowser and such, it would be a case of gameplay taking priority.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

He's Sakurai's character

and what he writes is canon
Smash may not be canon to the KI series, though.

I'd say that if a KIU sequel comes out, it will likely ignore anything regarding Smash. I mean, those conversations have references to SSE, but I doubt those are canon to the Kid Icarus universe.

The next thing you're going to tell me is that, in the Kid Icarus universe, Pit turns into a trophy if he dies?

Crossover games usually aren't canon, after all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like Japanese people aren't really good with Dr.Mario or even Mario.
That's the thing with Japanese tier lists, they're usually dead on when it comes to the high-tiers but everything below that is a complete mess.
forrealthoughdocisntthatgoodinthisgame

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I called in sick today, because a doctor confirmed I DO have the flu and advised I stay out of work, even though my symptoms today are mostly gone. They said I'm still pretty contagious.

The managers at work are impossible to understand over the phone though and I had to keep asking them what they just said while I was trying to tell them I was sick
You mean you didn't get your shot?

Oh look, things that don't matter

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I was there at that day. Indeed there was a lot of rage, but I was chill due to not expecting too much. I also though Cranky was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom